Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

I think you'll find your dealer is trying it on. As far as I know all models till Feb get free insurance, ALL the other freebies can be had but will be hardwork. The grey wildtrak is pictured above at the media day.

The picture of the metro grey isn't very clear, or maybe I'm looking at the wrong pics. Anyway, I found an Aussie site with some better pic, including Gunmetal blue, which is my favourite at the moment if I buy the XLT. If I buy the Wildtrak, it'll be the Chilli Orange....

I have one on oreder in the Chili orange, but don't expect to see it for a while as I ordered a 3.2 Wildtrack!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'll find your dealer is trying it on. As far as I know all models till Feb get free insurance, ALL the other freebies can be had but will be hardwork. The grey wildtrak is pictured above at the media day.

The picture of the metro grey isn't very clear, or maybe I'm looking at the wrong pics. Anyway, I found an Aussie site with some better pic, including Gunmetal blue, which is my favourite at the moment if I buy the XLT. If I buy the Wildtrak, it'll be the Chilli Orange....

I have one on oreder in the Chili orange, but don't expect to see it for a while as I ordered a 3.2 Wildtrack!

How much is the 3.2. The Ford website does not have a price.

Everything I've read on other forums suggest, the parts of the Wildtrak that are delayed from 3rd parties will be back to normal by the end of Feb. I would guess that Songkran wouldn't be unlikely to start seeing them in dealers.

I am assuming that the first year free comprehensive insurance you are referring to, is ONLY available if you finance the vehicle?

I am assuming that the first year free comprehensive insurance you are referring to, is ONLY available if you finance the vehicle?

Yes, only available if financed.

Yes, only available if financed.

according to Ford Phuket, only when financed in Ford Leasing or Tisco, not the others

Some pics of the Chili orange Wildtraks at the auto alliance. I'm hoping black is the next colour to roll offlicklips.gif ;

post-80555-0-58112000-1326763083_thumb.jpost-80555-0-38101400-1326763084_thumb.j

I found this on another forum, I think this burgundy looks the best now;

post-80555-0-56519800-1326763200_thumb.j

It also seems there's a lot of the XLTs in Aus that are turning up with this sticker on them, some report to have over 100KM on the clock and one report with over 1,000KM angry.png ;

post-80555-0-71602100-1326763283_thumb.j

This is the accessories price list but it's in Thaiangry.png

post-80555-0-97270700-1325207266_thumb.j

Went for a test drive earlier today in the DC 2.2 MT XLT, which gave me a smile.

What turned it upside down was the saleswoman who had no idea of accessories, or even the specs of the model we were driving.

She grabbed the booklet and spent a few minutes looking through it, put it down and said 'mats and boot liner'...

Considering it is not like I am in there looking to buy half a kilo of oranges, I was a little dissapointed.

Going to print this photo out and take it in for a bit of negotiation next time... I think my mind is made up on the Ranger.

Edited by TehBen

Went for a test drive earlier today in the DC 2.2 MT XLT, which gave me a smile.

What turned it upside down was the saleswoman who had no idea of accessories, or even the specs of the model we were driving.

She grabbed the booklet and spent a few minutes looking through it, put it down and said 'mats and boot liner'...

Considering it is not like I am in there looking to buy half a kilo of oranges, I was a little dissapointed.

Going to print this photo out and take it in for a bit of negotiation next time... I think my mind is made up on the Ranger.

If you can get the sales lady to chuck in a bed liner free on the XLT. Grab it. We had to pay THB 6,200 extra for the bedliner, but we did the mats and a few other things

If you can get the sales lady to chuck in a bed liner free on the XLT. Grab it. We had to pay THB 6,200 extra for the bedliner, but we did the mats and a few other things

Without negotiating when we first saw the 2.2 XLT we asked what was free, she (a different saleswoman) said: Scuff plates, boot liner, insurance, registration, 500 baht of diesel, floor mats and something else that I can't remember right now. I'm going to try and see if I can get at least a full tank of diesel and wind deflectors but from what I read on here others have not been that lucky with the free stuff. I would like the 'sports bar' thing too...

Since I will be financing the vehicle for more than 3 years I guess that means I have a little more bargaining power? With the dealership standing to gain more from me than the average cash or short term finance buyer? Is that right?

Could somebody more knowledgeable on buying new cars (this will be my first 'new' car) advise me as to how to approach it.

Do I start by asking for a number of different things, then walk out if they refuse and wait for a phone call, or what?

TehBen,

I was in the same situation as you.

I pre-ordered in October when we didn't know anything about freebies.

When the motor show in Bangkok started I heard of the freebies that were offered and went to my dealer to find out what I would be receiving, I was told nothing only the free insurance. So, I made some calls to BKK dealers to find out what I would receive there, which was everything that was offered at the show. I wrote an email to Ford HQ saying I'd be happy to travel to BKK but I'd prefer to buy in my home province but for (20k plus in freebies) I'd travel. They got in contact with my dealer and I got what was offered at the show.

I think that if you wait till the next motor show in (March/April) you'll have a lot more bargaining power again but that doesn't mean it isn't possible to still get them now.

With a little bit of hard work and ringing around I'm sure it's still possible. I know of one person that got all the usual freebies at the beginning of Jan from a dealer in BKK.

If you can't wait till then go back 10 pages and read from there, it will give you a run through of events of a few that have already purchased.

TehBen,

I was in the same situation as you.

I pre-ordered in October when we didn't know anything about freebies.

When the motor show in Bangkok started I heard of the freebies that were offered and went to my dealer to find out what I would be receiving, I was told nothing only the free insurance. So, I made some calls to BKK dealers to find out what I would receive there, which was everything that was offered at the show. I wrote an email to Ford HQ saying I'd be happy to travel to BKK but I'd prefer to buy in my home province but for (20k plus in freebies) I'd travel. They got in contact with my dealer and I got what was offered at the show.

I think that if you wait till the next motor show in (March/April) you'll have a lot more bargaining power again but that doesn't mean it isn't possible to still get them now.

With a little bit of hard work and ringing around I'm sure it's still possible. I know of one person that got all the usual freebies at the beginning of Jan from a dealer in BKK.

If you can't wait till then go back 10 pages and read from there, it will give you a run through of events of a few that have already purchased.

Yep, just wait for the end of March if you're looking for a decent deal and can't negotiate one now..

For those wanting the missing features in the 2.2L Wildtrak and the XLT's, just wait for the nano change at the end of the year. The lack of features in those models right now are just 'aces up sleeves'.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Talking about wheels...do you think it is possible in TH to request different wheels for your new truck (without paying to much extra).What I mean is to order the 2.2 T6 XLT with the 18" 3.2 Wildtrak wheels ??They show them in the brochure and it will be easy (IMO) to upgrade to 18"...I know it's just common sense huh.png ...but TIT !??

...I repeat my question,somehow nobody picked it up (MRO?)

For those wanting the missing features in the 2.2L Wildtrak and the XLT's, just wait for the nano change at the end of the year. The lack of features in those models right now are just 'aces up sleeves'.

Unfortunately, the tax rebate offer for 1st time Thai buyers will be over by then, & I presume all those extras will come at extra cost sad.png

Edited by MESmith

Talking about wheels...do you think it is possible in TH to request different wheels for your new truck (without paying to much extra).What I mean is to order the 2.2 T6 XLT with the 18" 3.2 Wildtrak wheels ??They show them in the brochure and it will be easy (IMO) to upgrade to 18"...I know it's just common sense huh.png ...but TIT !??

The problem with this will be the catalog price for the genuine 18" wheels - it'll be ridiculous, for sure.

The good news is, you should be able to get around 25-30K trade-in for the OEM wheels and tires, so you'd only be looking at 5-12K Baht to swap them all over for 18's (of your choice) in the aftermarket. 20's with tires range from about 40K-65K/set BTW, so that means 15K-40K changeover.

The problem with this will be the catalog price for the genuine 18" wheels - it'll be ridiculous, for sure.

The good news is, you should be able to get around 25-30K trade-in for the OEM wheels and tires, so you'd only be looking at 5-12K Baht to swap them all over for 18's (of your choice) in the aftermarket. 20's with tires range from about 40K-65K/set BTW, so that means 15K-40K changeover.

Thanks,I was hopeing that they could just swap them for the price difference,if original from 2.2 XLT to the 3.2 WT,but I guess not.If you change to the aftermarket,than you face the guarantee issues,right...??

Thanks,I was hopeing that they could just swap them for the price difference,if original from 2.2 XLT to the 3.2 WT,but I guess not.If you change to the aftermarket,than you face the guarantee issues,right...??

upgrading wheels from Ford is in the accessory pricelist, could be 10-20 pages back in the topic. 5k baht each or something?

Hi guys

Has anyone driven enough in the new 2,2 l Highlander/Wildstreak to tell me if the engine is powerfull enough for this truck ?

How is the general feeling of the truck compared to Toyota Hilux or Mitsubishi Triton ?

Thanks

Hi guys

Has anyone driven enough in the new 2,2 l Highlander/Wildstreak to tell me if the engine is powerfull enough for this truck ?

How is the general feeling of the truck compared to Toyota Hilux or Mitsubishi Triton ?

Thanks

I've had the 2.2 6AT for 2 weeks now and very happy. The 2.2 actually has more power, and is more economical, than the outgoing 2.5 and together with the 6 speed (manual or auto) gearbox it feels plenty. Sure, it's a big truck but the 2.2 has enough power, I will rarely have a heavy load in the back, doubt I'll ever tow anything and won't be dragracing or attempting world speed records so don't need any more. Power is fine whether pulling away from lights in first or cruising at 140kph and the gearbox is adaptive so adjusts to each driver. Triton has more power but is fugly and not really worth mentioning the Hilux, so boring. The only other options I looked at were the new Isuzu and the new Chevrolet but both were quite a lot more expensive for similar spec and neither looked anywhere near as nice as the Ford or had as much interior space. Go with the Ranger, you won't be disappointed!

Hi guys

Thanks

I've had the 2.2 6AT for 2 weeks now and very happy. The 2.2 actually has more power, and is more economical, than the outgoing 2.5 and together with the 6 speed (manual or auto) gearbox it feels plenty. Sure, it's a big truck but the 2.2 has enough power, I will rarely have a heavy load in the back, doubt I'll ever tow anything and won't be dragracing or attempting world speed records so don't need any more. Power is fine whether pulling away from lights in first or cruising at 140kph and the gearbox is adaptive so adjusts to each driver. Triton has more power but is fugly and not really worth mentioning the Hilux, so boring. The only other options I looked at were the new Isuzu and the new Chevrolet but both were quite a lot more expensive for similar spec and neither looked anywhere near as nice as the Ford or had as much interior space. Go with the Ranger, you won't be disappointed!

What are your driving conditions and what sort of fuel economy are you getting? Just wondering how it would compare to the 3.2 in similar conditions, even though we have no data from Thailand for it yet (the 3.2 that is).

Going from a forum in Aus, there's a guy who personally owns the 3.2XLT manual and he drives a company 2.2 auto. He says, there's not a lot of difference in aceleration due to the limiter on the manual box. Obviously an extra 50BHP has to account for something but they have to limit it in the first 3 gears to safe gard the auto and the manual boxes, mainly the manual though. All the people that have tested the 2.2 auto next to the 3.2 auto have commented on how well the 2.2 does. They're also having problems increasing the power out-puts of the 3.2, Ford have put a safe guard in to protect the gear boxes

Hi guys

Thanks

What are your driving conditions and what sort of fuel economy are you getting? Just wondering how it would compare to the 3.2 in similar conditions, even though we have no data from Thailand for it yet (the 3.2 that is).

Quite varied, a lot of around town driving in traffic but also been up in the mountains on steep, twisty roads and engine/gearbox coped very well. Done a few longer drives of 100kms or so which I've enjoyed, comfortable and quiet and love the high position. Not calculated fuel economy yet but definitely better than the Yaris I part exchanged. The tyres were 45psi when I picked it up which was far to high, a very hard ride. Lowered them to around 34psi which is much nicer.

Going from a forum in Aus, there's a guy who personally owns the 3.2XLT manual and he drives a company 2.2 auto. He says, there's not a lot of difference in aceleration due to the limiter on the manual box. Obviously an extra 50BHP has to account for something but they have to limit it in the first 3 gears to safe gard the auto and the manual boxes, mainly the manual though. All the people that have tested the 2.2 auto next to the 3.2 auto have commented on how well the 2.2 does. They're also having problems increasing the power out-puts of the 3.2, Ford have put a safe guard in to protect the gear boxes

So what's really needed is the 2.2 wildtrak to be fully kitted out as the 3.2 is. There are a lot of goodies in the 3.2 that are not available in the wildtrak as yet. What's the link for the oz forum? Thanks.

You might also have seen a dyno video of a 3.2 mt from Australia which could only pull 107 kw at the wheels - that's quite a bit less that what I'd expect from a 200HP engine, or the gearbox losses are huge. Need to see a dyno pull of a 2.2 for comparison.

You might also have seen a dyno video of a 3.2 mt from Australia which could only pull 107 kw at the wheels - that's quite a bit less that what I'd expect from a 200HP engine, or the gearbox losses are huge. Need to see a dyno pull of a 2.2 for comparison.

edit: the gearbox losses calculate to about 27% for the MT, so not too bad, but the auto might be higher.

Hi guys

Thanks

Thanks - good info (I don't need a race truck as well)

I am out of LOS now, so I will send wife to buy the truck - she has seen the Ford and she likes it (but I have to like it most).

Now I just have to tell her what make, colour and the hard part (send her money).

I think I will go for the Ford (2,2 Wildstreak)

Went to the local dealer with deposit (not down-payment) and paperwork in-hand for my delayed test-drive and saw 3 blue and 1 white XLT's parked outside. Unfortunately they were all MT's so didn't bother with the drive but told them to call me when they have an AT on deck. They had an AT last week but some bugger grabbed it already! I will go back today, pay my deposit (not down-payment) and tell them to get an XLT AT up here pronto! I want to be upwardly mobile for 1st February.

Nice to see the 2.2 v 3.2 comparison. My buddy is probably going to get the new Isuzu which apparently is also blessed with a new engine so his power concerns have been assuaged. He has brand loyalty and a dealer that loves him!

What is the latest forecast from around the dealerships for delivery of the 'ultimate' machine, the 3.2 AT 4x4 ?