• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a Vigo. :lol:

Yep, just with more masculine looks ;)

Hmmmmmmmm, you are awful, but l like you. :giggle:

hehehe :D

Well I do have to admit I used to own a VIGO, but back in early 2005 it was so far ahead of all competition you just had to suck it up and drive a girly looking, but otherwise great truck ;)

Mind you, up until now, the missus still prefers the styling of the VIGO - and I'm sure that's a factor not lost on Toyota's design department. Going with the Mrs' preference can make the argument of going for the top model over a lesser one easier to get past the finance dept - if that's the way your household functions ;)

That said, my wife now prefers the T6 Ranger, but I have to say I like the GMI-700 Colorado - but that could change once I see a production version of it..

XLT = chrome

wildtrack = matt black

Yep, appears that's the case.

I just wish it had a rear bumper that didn't look like it came straight out of the 70's :bah:

I have to give it to Mitsu for making an integrated looking bumper for the Triton, and to Chev for the alloy bumper on the Colorado show truck..

XLT = chrome

wildtrack = matt black

Yep, appears that's the case.

I just wish it had a rear bumper that didn't look like it came straight out of the 70's :bah:

I have to give it to Mitsu for making an integrated looking bumper for the Triton, and to Chev for the alloy bumper on the Colorado show truck..

those ugly, mostly chromed rear bumpers are a part of the design language, sturdy durable trucks ready to pull any load

but why on earth would T6 need such an ugly trailer tow?

best rear bumper in TH so far is IMHO DMax top model fiberglass. Not bad :)

and Vigo 4x4 looks so much better without rear pumper, but then original rear sensors dont fit as designed

So im not the only one that thinks dmax looks the most like a real pickup in thailand? As long as you dont look inside... When you sit in it it feels like one of those 3km/h plastic car for kids, but the toy has more options

in 2003 I almost purchased a 4 door DMax as the only good looking pickup in TH at that time. However reading the specs and renting a 4x4 auto 3,0 for 2 days made me choose differently

So im not the only one that thinks dmax looks the most like a real pickup in thailand? As long as you dont look inside... When you sit in it it feels like one of those 3km/h plastic car for kids, but the toy has more options

Right now, looks-wise, I agree - D-Max or Colorado are the trucks that look the most like something designed for a man, with almost complete disregard for female buyers ;)

The new Mazda BT-50 is the polar opposite though...

I can only imagine that Mazda are predicting there's a niche market of 16yo teenage girls that want pickup trucks.

I'm half expecting the new BT-50 marketing campaign to be fronted by a Korean boy band singing songs like "my rot pickup goes zoom zoom", with a side-cuts to bunch teenage girls dressed like Strawberry Shortcake prancing around like they're promoting women's hygiene products lol :D

Right now, looks-wise, I agree - D-Max or Colorado are the trucks that look the most like something designed for a man, with almost complete disregard for female buyers ;)

I can only imagine that Mazda are predicting there's a niche market of 16yo teenage girls that want pickup trucks.

I'm half expecting the new BT-50 marketing campaign to be fronted by a Korean boy band singing songs like "my rot pickup goes zoom zoom", with a side-cuts to bunch teenage girls dressed like Strawberry Shortcake prancing around like they're promoting women's hygiene products lol :D

ad a pink fino in the bed, and hello kitty plate frame and you v got......................................one sale. zoom zoom

ad a pink fino in the bed, and hello kitty plate frame and you v got......................................one sale. zoom zoom

LOL, yeah the Fino would definitely top it off.

Seriously though, what were they thinking? I can't ever recall a car designed to completely alienate it's target market like this ;)

bt50prex008aus202.jpg

Could you imagine a Western building contractor turning up to a work site in this? :cheesy:

LOL, yeah the Fino would definitely top it off.

Seriously though, what were they thinking? I can't ever recall a car designed to completely alienate it's target market like this ;)

bt50prex008aus202.jpg

Could you imagine a Western building contractor turning up to a work site in this? :cheesy:

hell my friend turned out on a construction site with a hyundai elantra and they put gaypride flags all over it.. he started taking his rollerblades after.

hell my friend turned out on a construction site with a hyundai elantra and they put gaypride flags all over it.. he started taking his rollerblades after.

555 :D

Well, the big take-out is that if you ever get asked to be part of a Mazda focus group, it would be wise to decline, otherwise you'll likely find yourself in a room full of crossdressers, complete weirdos and misfits ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Here's some more T6 Ranger information, courtesy of Ford Australia:

2.2L 4cyl TD - 150HP, 375Nm

3.2L 5cyl TD - 200HP, 470Nm

Length: 5375mm

Width: 1850mm

Height: 1720mm / 1830mm

Tray width: 1510mm

Tray height: 514mm

Tray Length: 1783mm (opencab), 1485 (doublecab)

Rear Leg room: 736mm (opencab), 800mm (doublecab)

Fuel Economy (ADR combined cycle):

• 2.2L 6MT - 11.8km/L
  • 2.2L 6AT - 11.1km/L
  • 3.2L 6MT - 10.5km/L
  • 3.2L 6AT - 10.0km/L

Revised fuel economy figures:

2.2L 6MT RWD - 13.2 KM/L

3.2L 6AT 4WD - 10.4 KM/L

And a few other tidbits:

Fuel Tank is 80L, giving the 2.2L 6MT a range of over 1000km

2.5L gasoline engine has been designed to be LPG friendly, and makes 166HP/226Nm

6AT features two different driving modes, and a sequential shifter

Door pockets can hold 1.5L water bottles

Dual zone climate control on top models

Payload capacity on lower models is 1500KG

ESP can be partially disabled to allow oversteer while maintinign ABS and traction control ;)

Heavy braking automatically engages hazard lights

Rearview camera is embedded into the ford emblem on the tailgate

And some useless stats for good measure:

The total investment for it's design has topped $1.8 billion

There have been 450 engineers invlolved in it's development

It has undertaken 9000 crash simulations

I've been doing some reading on the 6R60-6R80 transmissions, I think that's the best single feature that's going for the Ranger.

The sequential shifter on an auto truck is a big plus for me, if I use it all that often is another matter but at least I'd have the option.rolleyes.gif

Edited by stefan2519

I've been doing some reading on the 6R60-6R80 transmissions, I think that's the best single feature that's going for the Ranger.

The sequential shifter on an auto truck is a big plus for me, if I use it all that often is another matter but at least I'd have the option.rolleyes.gif

Yep, the 6AT is great - does some cool things like detecting when you're going uphill, and holding revs higher before shifting, same for downhill, but with more agressive downshift, and on the highway, detects when cruising and prefers highest cog possible - much closer to the way a human uses a manual than other AT's in the segment/price range.

Not as sweet as my 8AT though :P

Yep, the 6AT is great - does some cool things like detecting when you're going uphill, and holding revs higher before shifting, same for downhill, but with more agressive downshift, and on the highway, detects when cruising and prefers highest cog possible - much closer to the way a human uses a manual than other AT's in the segment/price range.

Porsche or BMW? Don't hold us all in suspense...........rolleyes.gif

Porsche or BMW? Don't hold us all in suspense...........rolleyes.gif

It's a Porsche. :D Lucky sod. :huh:

Very good! In TH or abroad?

It's a Porsche. :D Lucky sod. :huh:

Very good! In TH or abroad?

LOS. :o

Cayenne Diesel or Hybrid? They're both very good value in TH presently.

I do apologise as off topic!

Also not my business, I am out of order.

Edited by Woodsie888

Cayenne Diesel or Hybrid? They're both very good value in TH presently.

I do apologise as off topic!

Also not my business, I am out of order.

It's a Cayenne Hybrid - I did put a lot of consideration into the RUF RD 30S though..

Exceptional value for money in TH in my opinion.

Have you had any problems with it?

I supplied quite a number of Hybrids locally up until about 6 months ago, now almost 100% diesel though.

I supplied quite a number of Hybrids locally up until about 6 months ago, now almost 100% diesel though.

Agreed - value for money is fanttastic, given theThai duty/taxation system ;)

No problems whatsoever to report, but the fact that you were importing them and are now asking me the question has me a little concerned :unsure: Anything I should be looking out for? :(

No problems whatsoever to report, but the fact that you were importing them and are now asking me the question has me a little concerned :unsure: Anything I should be looking out for? :(

My customers (Thai Dealers) tell me they have had a number of cases where the Hybrid battery has overheated and the vehicle's go into limp home mode. Obviously AAS does not support these cars without suitable remuneration and it has caused a problem to get the codes cleared etc. Anyway the problem is seen as serious enough to stop them ordering Hybrids at all now. Possibly there is some 'pack' mentality here which is unfounded. That is why I asked you, as I knew you would give an honest appraisal. I have also noticed a number of Hybrids sitting for sale in the showrooms whilst the Diesels are being sold around them, so maybe there is an issue.

Edited by Woodsie888

My customers (Thai Dealers) tell me they have had a number of cases where the Hybrid battery has overheated and the vehicle's go into limp home mode. Obviously AAS does not support these cars without suitable remuneration and it has caused a problem to get the codes cleared etc. Anyway the problem is seen as serious enough to stop them ordering Hybrids at all now. Possibly there is some 'pack' mentality here which is unfounded. That is why I asked you, as I knew you would give an honest appraisal. I have also noticed a number of Hybrids sitting for sale in the showrooms whilst the Diesels are being sold around them, so maybe there is an issue.

Interesting.. Mine's not a daily driver, and never gets the chance to sit in traffic etc, so perhaps that explains it... When I do drive it, I drive it pretty hard though - mainly highway and mounatin driving though (it's my weekend tripper). Was thing of replacing it when the new Q7 arrives, so hope it remains trouble-free until then..

Interesting.. Mine's not a daily driver, and never gets the chance to sit in traffic etc, so perhaps that explains it... When I do drive it, I drive it pretty hard though - mainly highway and mounatin driving though (it's my weekend tripper). Was thing of replacing it when the new Q7 arrives, so hope it remains trouble-free until then..

Q7 is also a great car, sharing almost the same platform with Touareg & Cayenne as you already know, so you'll like that too. So let's hope the next one looks a little more attractive! Then the resale might be much better than the current version. Of course if you need 7 seats..... you have no choice. You may also have noticed some new model Hybrid Touareg's have appeared in the local market. This conversation probably should be in a separate post. I'm sure somebody will comment about it. cool.gif

Edited by Woodsie888