Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

^ ^^ Yup.... but it will still be only a Mazda.

Which is better than a Ford.

Start a Mazda BT-50 thread then.

For some reason the latest post in the BT50 thread seem to be about Ford and in the Ranger thread about the BT50.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ ^^ Yup.... but it will still be only a Mazda.

Which is better than a Ford.

Start a Mazda BT-50 thread then.

For some reason the latest post in the BT50 thread seem to be about Ford and in the Ranger thread about the BT50.

Indeed... and then Backwoods chimes in on both threads about his wunnerful' new Vigo. At least it keeps the Isuzu weirdo's confused.

The way Ford has ballsed this up I'm kinda glad that some people can live with the BT50.

Barring in mind they are pretty much the same truck under the body-work.

Ford can't say this is unforeseen back-lash from the floods nearly 10 months down the line, honestly no one to blame but themselves.

I was so close to changing back in Feb when I got the first "sorry" letter, until I went in and tested the BT50. I just couldn't live with the tail end lights and clown smile parked on my drive.

That being said, the more I see the better it's starting to look. I think it's taken a lot of the styling from the 3 IMHO, too much for such a big truck though!

The way Ford has ballsed this up I'm kinda glad that some people can live with the BT50.

Barring in mind they are pretty much the same truck under the body-work.

Ford can't say this is unforeseen back-lash from the floods nearly 10 months down the line, honestly no one to blame but themselves.

I was so close to changing back in Feb when I got the first "sorry" letter, until I went in and tested the BT50. I just couldn't live with the tail end lights and clown smile parked on my drive.

That being said, the more I see the better it's starting to look. I think it's taken a lot of the styling from the 3 IMHO, too much for such a big truck though!

Like I said previously, get smoked tail light; it looks way better, especially on a dark body. Dark paint also seems to reduce the smily face look too. A benefit of the bt50 2.2 is the nice leather interior on the top model. They also have the gunmetal blue colour which looks good.

Like I said previously, get smoked tail light; it looks way better, especially on a dark body. Dark paint also seems to reduce the smily face look too. A benefit of the bt50 2.2 is the nice leather interior on the top model. They also have the gunmetal blue colour which looks good.

... but looks better on the Ranger.

Edited by NanLaew

... but looks better on the Ranger.

That's true, but it makes the bt-50 more palatable at least:)

Anyone know what the current wait times are on Rangers? Getting screwed around by the local Nissan dealer and am thinking of getting a ranger instead.

3-5 months?

4 months for the XLT (manual) version. 2013 for Wildtraks.

Anyone know what the current wait times are on Rangers? Getting screwed around by the local Nissan dealer and am thinking of getting a ranger instead.

3-5 months?

4 months for the XLT (manual) version. 2013 for Wildtraks.

Although if one has the readies and the phone numbers of the dealers, one can ring around, get lucky and get one where the deposit-maker either couldn't make the deposit or failed the financing. That was a chance that I missed up in Udon back in February (2 weeks after paying my deposit) and another poster on here mentioned seeing one a few weeks back at the Rayong dealer that was similarly unencumbered and ready for anyone.

Edited by NanLaew

I was going to start another thread, but since this is turning into the Ranger monument decided to post here, really just a rant.

When I ordered my Ranger the 4 zone park pilot sensors were added into the deal with a few other freebies.

When I first picked the car up in the beginning of May the dealer told me that they were waiting for Ford to send them to install.

At the end of May I followed up on this and they said that none are available yet, so I said I would except aftermarket sensors instead of the OEM Ford ones.

Their reply was we're not sure, we'll look into it by the dealer.

After another month and a bit I decided to send an email off to Ford HQ and this was the reply;

Dear Mr.@@@@@@@,

Hope this email finds you well.

We are more than welcome to assist you in order to meet customer delights.

As per respond via email on May 31 that is Ford genuine reverse sensor has not yet been developed at the moment for this model.

We are so sorry that the electrical module and wiring system in the car is complicate.

It is not recommended to install non-genuine part as it possible to impact function of your vehicle’s electrical system.

Again, please accept our apologized for inconvenience this may have caused you.

Should you have any enquiry, feel free to contact our Ford Customer Care Center @@@@@@@@@. Mon – Fri 8:00 – 18:00 and Sat 8:30 – 12:30

Kind Regards,

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

ASEAN Call Center - Operations Executive

On behalf of Ford Thailand

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Subject: PX Ranger 4 zone park pilot sensors and other accessories

To whom it may concern,

I took delivery of a black 2.2 PX Wildtrack in @@@@@ @@@@@, in May.

The Wildtrack is defiantly everything that you published it to be, it is an awesome class leading truck!

I would like to thank whomever arrange for mine to be delivered, because I haven't seen another black Wildtrack on the road yet.

I am emailing to follow up on the 4-zone Park Pilot sensors that were ordered along with my truck.

It's a big truck being over 5 meters long, and at night can be a little difficult to reverse.

So, when will the Ford 4 zone Park Pilot sensors that are used on the exact same export model be available?

Also, I would very much appreciate an accessories list/brochure for the Ranger with prices in English.

Thank you for you assistance,

@@@@@@@@@@@

I've @ all the important info out.

I'm going to have to fit aftermarket ones, but it seems they are not going to guaranty them under warranty.

That email has got me worried if I do blow the loom I'm going to be looking at $$$$$.

Surely Ford can't be back out of a 4,000THB sensor set over the money?

Or, are they really worried about the wiring looms on the early models?

Edited by stefan2519

Hi all my wife went to put a deposit on a 3.2 WT 4x4 and was refused in a dealer down south. The dealer told her that the order book is now closed for 2012 and they will look at it again in 2013 but you might have to wait till 2014 to get the pickup. This has to be must crazy way to do business they are trying now marketing WT here in Ireland even tough they can't get them.!!sick.gif

After trying to make that appear better 4 times, I'm giving up and leaving it.

Sorry, copy an paste doesn't like Thaivisa.

Reply back and ask them why then do the BT-50s, coming from the same factory, have the 4 point sensors. Are the electrical systems substantially different?

Went to check what was happening about the wildtrak 2.2 we ordered in January delivery promised April

last week , told delivery August, September

The last 7 wildtrks delivered to the phuket ford dealer have been 3.2 4X4 and white in colour

none with 2.2 engines

Edited by petercallen

Went to check what was happening about the wildtrak 2.2 we ordered in January delivery promised April

The last 7 wildtrks delivered to the phuket ford dealer have been 3.2 4X4 and white in colour

none with 2.2 engines

perfect, can you go reserve 1 for me ;)

none with 2.2 engines

perfect, can you go reserve 1 for me ;)

They are all on back order and were not supposed to be available for delivery until August you will have to wait your turn

Hi all my wife went to put a deposit on a 3.2 WT 4x4 and was refused in a dealer down south. The dealer told her that the order book is now closed for 2012 and they will look at it again in 2013 but you might have to wait till 2014 to get the pickup. This has to be must crazy way to do business they are trying now marketing WT here in Ireland even tough they can't get them.!!sick.gif

Will toyota have a new vigo by then? Only a die-hard fan would wait until 2014 for a truck!

Then there's the sad tale on the Aussie Ranger forum about the guy eagerly awaiting his black WT 3.2 and buying a black trailer and a black horsebox to match as well as getting customised chrome and black Ford badges made, has the name of the ship it's coming on and the port it will be unloaded at.... and the truck they finally are going to deliver to him turns out to be grey.

Will toyota have a new vigo by then? Only a die-hard fan would wait until 2014 for a truck!

If Toyota or Isuzu bring out a new model with new engines and transmissions ETC not just a face lift it will definitely effect ford sales

Chevrolet have new engines etc but we did not like the look of it, also said delivery 6 weeks but when questioned about this said have a lot on order and cannot guarantee delivery date, will wait for the ford

Be quick, spotted these today 2012 XLTS in stock

http://www.one2car.com/FORD_RANGER/B13550007 auto, 799,000

http://www.one2car.com/FORD_RANGER/A09550408 manual

Apoligies for posting links to another site (if I am breaking any rules here) but due to the extremely sensitive nature and urgency of this subject TV members might want to know about these!

Be quick, spotted these today 2012 XLTS in stock

http://www.one2car.c...B13550007 auto, 799,000

http://www.one2car.c...9550408 manual

Apoligies for posting links to another site (if I am breaking any rules here) but due to the extremely sensitive nature and urgency of this subject TV members might want to know about these!

Neither link is working.

I wonder if these are dealer's "new cars" and if they are available yet or are just for show. They've been on that website quite a while - given the demand they should have been quickly sold.

i havent seen them on there (maybe I missed them) but i check it the ford ranger thread on that site at least once a week. maybe somebody can give a call?