Already Have The Visa, But Do I Need A Ticket Out?

I have just received my B visa in the mail, but I know that I'm not completely in the clear until I am past immigration in Thailand. My flight to Thailand is only a one-way, but my visa proves that I am staying for one full year, at least. I don't want to leave any rocks un-turned, and I know visa and immigration can be confusing in Thailand.

Do I need proof of a flight out if I already have my visa? I will be arriving by air via CNX.

You do not need a flight out with any type of visa. But your visa only allows you to stay for 90 days regardless of it being valid for one year so don't think you do not have to leave at the end of your permitted to stay stamp time.

My visa says it expires in March of 2012. You're telling me I still have to leave the country after 90 days and re-enter?

Your visa is a permission to travel to Thailand, not a permission to stay in Thailand. Read this note on the website of the Immigration Bureau: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/content/visaxpiredate.html

So, even though I paid the $175 to get this one-year visa, I still have to make the visa runs once a month? Or can I go to the embassy if I don't leave the country in 90 days? ermm.gif

I figured since this is a visa for a JOB there, I wouldn't have to make the darned runs. blink.gif

Edited by Yelly

So, even though I paid the $175 to get this one-year visa, I still have to make the visa runs once a month? Or can I go to the embassy if I don't leave the country in 90 days? ermm.gif

I figured since this is a visa for a JOB there, I wouldn't have to make the darned runs. blink.gif

Let's make this simple, your visa is valid to be used to make entries for one year, each entry you will be stamped permitted to stay 90 days. At 90 days, you simply exit and re-enter for another 90 day permission to stay. even if you enter just before the visa expiration, you would still be stamped permitted to stay, so you could stay about 15 months if used properly.

If you do not wish to exit every 90 days, then apply for a one year "Extension of Stay" based on employment if the qualifications of the company can be met. With that you would do an address report at your local immigration office every 90 days, rather than do the border runs.

Ok, that makes sense, then. Do each of these stamps have a fee that I need to be aware of?

They sure don't make it easy, do they!? haha

It is easy, you already paid for the visa so no other fees for the entries, it's good to be used for a period of one year, each entry is for 90 days unlesss you apply for an extension of your permission to stay. If you did apply for the extension of stay, there would be a fee for that, 1900 Baht.

Edited by beechguy

One other question. Thank you already so much for all of your help, of course....

Do you happen to know the closest entry point to Chiang Mai (that's where I'll be)?

Ok, that makes sense, then. Do each of these stamps have a fee that I need to be aware of?

They sure don't make it easy, do they!? haha

It is easy, you already paid for the visa so no other fees for the entries, it's good to be used for a period of one year, each entry is for 90 days unlesss you apply for an extension of your permission to stay. If you did apply for the extension of stay, there would be a fee for that, 1900 Baht.

Are you sure about this? I have a one-year non-imm B Visa, and went to the Myanmar (Mae Sai) border to stamp another 90 days, and they demanded 500 baht for the privilege (there are signs littered all over the place also indicating this payment was required). I was told I still had to exit and re-enter Thailand as usual and pay any required entry fees. I felt I had no choice but to pay.

Are you sure about this? I have a one-year non-imm B Visa, and went to the Myanmar (Mae Sai) border to stamp another 90 days, and they demanded 500 baht for the privilege (there are signs littered all over the place also indicating this payment was required). I was told I still had to exit and re-enter Thailand as usual and pay any required entry fees. I felt I had no choice but to pay.

The 500 baht is the fee for visa into Burma.

You need to have a entry and exit stamp from Burma.

Extension of Thai Business Visa

The Thai "B" or Business Visa can be extended to a one year visa in country as follows.

The extension of the visa is normally based on employment and as such there are certain regulations governing the company who is employing you.

These are the regulations for the extension of the "B" Business Visa:

1. The business must be registered in Thailand.

2. The company must be capitalized to at least Baht 2 Million while operating fund must be at least Baht 1 Million.

3. The company must have a ration of at least 4 : 1 - Four Thais for every foreigner.

4. You must earn at least in accordance with the level specified for each nationality by the Labour Department.

Duration of the Extension

- One year at a time.

Documents required for the extension:

1. Application form (T.M. 7 )

2. Passport or document used in lien of passport and its copies .

3. The applicants 4 x 6 cm. photograph .

4. Extension fee Baht 1,900.-

5. The company letters certifying as follows ;

- Nature of business

- Reason or necessity in employing the applicant his / her position, salary and education background.

- Number of Thai and foreign employees.

6. Copies of work permit or receipt of work permit application.

7. Company's annual balance sheets.

8. The juristic persons Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.50) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

9. Thai employees Monthly Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.1 ) of the latest month and its receipt of payment.

10. The applicants Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.91) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

11. The official letter that certify the registration of such juristic person.

12. Business Registration or Business License.

13. Value Added Tax Registration and list of share holders.

14. A map that indicate location of the Company.

15. For those who operate export business, the documentary evidence clarifying its export activities is needed.

16. For those who operate tourism business, the documentary evidence clarifying its total number of tourist that brought in by the company is needed.

N.B. In case of necessity , documents No.7 , 8 , 9 , and 10 can be substituted by the company letters stating its reason.