Tourist Visa To Us For Thai Wife

Me and my Thai wife were married many years ago in Singapore and have registered at the Ampur office as living together as husband/wife หนังสือรับรองถานะครอบครัว and have lived in Thailand for many years. We were planning on going for a 2 week trip to the US (I am American) and I was just wondering as a part of the Visa application process would the US Embassy require the marriage to be registered at the embassy? I found this link here US embassy marriage procedure which describes the process, will the Visa application get hung up if this hasn't been done or is it unrelated?

I do not know how long ago you were married but part of the Thai registration process for Thailand requires paperwork from the American Embassy. The US Embassy recongnises a legal marriage in Thailand which consists of both parties registering their marriage in person with the local Thai Amphur. The United States does recognize the validity of such a marriage. So they do see you as legally married you only need to bring the original and a certified translated copy of your Thai marriage certificate. If your wife was previously married they want to see copy of Thai divorce certificate and a certified translated copy. If you both have been living in Thailand and your purpose of visiting America is as a tourist or to visit family make sure you bring documents to show reason to return to Thailand and are not trying to immigrate to the USA. Things like your current work permit and old and expired, same with current and past past passports. Information on your home, family ties in Thailand and bank books. These documents will show you are living aboard and the both of you are residents of Thailand and you have in fact established yourself in Thailand. In fact some of the most important documents you can show for your wife to get a tourist visa to the United States are YOUR documents showing you work, live and have a family ties in Thailand. Because if you show you are living here, then your wife has a reason to return.