Type O Visa Hull

For my Ovisa from Hull last week I was asked for a Residence Certiicate.

To get this I have to go to the immigration office IN THAILAND, with the house paperwork, a foto and 500bt.,and fill in the forms.

You need a tourist visa OR non O visa to do this iirc

Seems like the Hull O visa requirements are changing every 3 months.

Anyway, can you elaborate on what type of 'house paperwork' is required for the Residence Certificate. Specifically does one require to show a Yellow (or Blue) house registration book, or can a codominium title deeds /rental contrac in ones own name suffice?

In stead of the Malay border 3 times, can't you just go a little futher to the Thai consulate in Penang and get a free 60 day tourist visa?

Thanks for your advise.I have decided to go to kl,for 5 days, .Then return,for my flight back home.I would then get 30 days on entry.Kindest regards to you all,who have helped me through this post.

jap.gif

I have just come back from the UK, and obtained a new non o visa. I simply stated 'residing in Thailand' and included a photocopy of my rental contract. I am under 50, not married to a thai and do not own a property. Had no problems what so ever. Got my visa back the very next day by post!

I have just come back from the UK, and obtained a new non o visa. I simply stated 'residing in Thailand' and included a photocopy of my rental contract. I am under 50, not married to a thai and do not own a property. Had no problems what so ever. Got my visa back the very next day by post!

CMExpat79, on what date exactly did you apply for the Non O? The regulations have changed again from 8th April.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I've just come back from UK .... minus my Non Imm O renewal. I applied to Hull as usual, but noticed that the forms were different and had an uneasy feeling for the first time that there would be a problem. And indeed there was.

The day after I sent off my form and passport, a lady from the Consulate rang me to say that my visa had been declined as the rules had changed. She told me that this changed in January? As I am not married to a Thai and not over 50, I am not elligible for a Non Imm O any longer.

I was given a 6 month Tourist multi entry so I have to do a visa run every 60 days now instead of 90 and renew after 6 months. Which as far as I can tell means I will have to go back to UK twice a year now to renew. Expensive!

A friend of mine is in UK at the moment and has just successfully renewed his Non Imm O at Hull. But for the first time he has had to show proof that he has a reason to be here - namely his son's birth certificate. He's not married but his child is half Thai.

It's a bit of a blow and not going to make living here any easier. But I guess that's the point! Maybe the number of Thai/Western marriages is about to increase.......

There is no such thing as a Multi Entry Tourist Visa.

You will have either, one entry, two entries or 3 entries.

Each entry gives 60 days and can be extended for a further 30 days at Immigration (1,900 Baht)

Ok, my mistake with the multi entry terminology. I'm living in the past! It's a Tourist triple entry.

And that's great news, Lite Beer, thank you - I didn't know I could get a 30 day extension at Immigration. That helps a lot as I'll only have to do the one visa run instead of two.

Although I don't know which option I fancy less ..... a day's visa run or fighting a battle at Samui's infamous Immigration!