Offensive On The P2p Network

sting01

hello,

I usually do not open topics here, mostly following what Raimu said " Do not teach the morons, in the worst case they can became smarter than you", but this news seems to be important enought to be shared.

It "seems" (currently I am waiting to have informations back) the "money diggers" who lead the video/music industry have successed and put down another sharing net work:

P2P sites WinMX, eDonkey appear shut down

September 22, 2005 - 10:43 EST

Reuters is reporting this morning that P2P file-sharing site WinMX.com has ceased operation, and that eDonkey's New York offices appear to have closed.

The turmoil among file-sharing networks follows the landmark ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court in June that held anyone who distributes a device used to infringe copyright is liable for the resulting acts of infringement by others.

In the wake of the decision, the trade group Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) last week sent out "cease-and-desist" letters to seven file-sharing groups. A spokeswoman for the RIAA declined to name the targets.

(Reuters)

That is certainly another big victory of the democatric forces leaded by the big Mamamouchi Gearge W (a.k.a. his higtness Moron the first) Bush against the commies/terroristes who were trying to diffuse (for free, and that is the real sin) music, video or movies.

For those who ignore what is a mamamouchi, I will simply send them to Jean Baptiste Poquelin (Moliere). If you do not know , it's simply the proof : culture is made to be shared amongst the human (Did Benjamin Franklin said in 1795 Culture is a symbol of freedom, or is it Jefferson?) and not be only the gift of some amongst the other.

Whatever , right now, I am not able to get the last episode of Stargate Atlantis .... AND THAT SUCKS.

Sting

Ghost in the machine (1979)

Edited by sting01

Might have to pay for it eh :o

I just think its ridiculous for them to target the P2P technology providers who provide legitimate software. They should be going after the people breaking the law - ie. the consumers.

It's a bit like trying to shut down Toyota because people speed in their cars...

hello,

I usually do not open topics here, mostly following what Raimu said " Do not teach the morons, in the worst case they can became smarter than you", but this news seems to be important enought to be shared.

It "seems" (currently I am waiting to have informations back) the "money diggers" who lead the video/music industry have successed and put down another sharing net work:

P2P sites WinMX, eDonkey appear shut down

September 22, 2005 - 10:43 EST

Reuters is reporting this morning that P2P file-sharing site WinMX.com has ceased operation, and that eDonkey's New York offices appear to have closed.

The turmoil among file-sharing networks follows the landmark ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court in June that held anyone who distributes a device used to infringe copyright is liable for the resulting acts of infringement by others.

In the wake of the decision, the trade group Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) last week sent out "cease-and-desist" letters to seven file-sharing groups. A spokeswoman for the RIAA declined to name the targets.

(Reuters)

That is certainly another big victory of the democatric forces leaded by the big Mamamouchi Gearge W (a.k.a. his higtness Moron the first) Bush against the commies/terroristes who were trying to diffuse (for free, and that is the real sin) music, video or movies.

For those who ignore what is a mamamouchi, I will simply send them to Jean Baptiste Poquelin (Moliere). If you do not know , it's simply the proof : culture is made to be shared amongst the human (Did Benjamin Franklin said in 1795 Culture is a symbol of freedom, or is it Jefferson?) and not be only the gift of some amongst the other.

Whatever , right now, I am not able to get the last episode of Stargate Atlantis .... AND THAT SUCKS.

Sting

Ghost in the machine (1979)

hi'

they are on mininova ep 8 and 9, and SG1 9 and 10 :o

take the latest link in date :D

francois

As well, the reference to Stargate Atlantis Season II was, as my other disrespectfull comments, a joke. I do not care about that, but about the right to choose what I can hear, watch ....

Honestly, I am not far to think those actions from the majors are simply an attack against the first amenment of the US constitution. If I had the disgrace to be born US , I think I would like to sue them.

Buy fake VCD or CD in Pantip is illegal, and morally not fair. We pay, and someone get that money. The sharing system is free, no one is hurt economically by an unfair acting (I do agree if the majors do not sell VCD but somechai, finally Somechai will be richer than Sony or Pathe).

Why not ,considering that is a major threat for the US economy, invade Pantip Fortune, and send all the reseller to Guatanamo bay????? I wonder why GWB the small did not think about it (or maybe he is the godfather of all the somchai that sell CD in Sala Daeng?)

Another joke, but eventually I am piss off to see WinMix going nowhere after Napster

• 2 weeks later...