Briton Critical After Gun Attack

george

I never get in any business transactions with Thais

Swim with sharks, sooner or later crunch crunch

hi guys,

so who is renponsible? if its so obvious why is no-one naming names?

seems like a real old mess to me - as an outsider....

will surely put the brakes on the island property market for a while... or will it!

hopefully the victims will make a full recovery. a truly terrible incident!

amarka :o

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hardly think names are goingto be mentioned on here! Don't you think? :D

Correct. Please await further press clippings, we don't speculate here. Thanks!

George

(used to be sued once a month - tired of it!)

hi,

so the press is now all of a sudden a reliable source of iformation and we can trust whats printed....

previously this formum has just bashed the press and insisted that everthing in thailand is corrupt.

so if someone knows, than lets have it......

and why not here? .......its the most anonymous place to make accusations...members of this forum are not usually shy to hang the wrong people.....

Amarka - think George stated it nicely - names cause problems and lawsuits. (smth he'd rather avoid)

hi,

not asking George to supply the information. i guess he does not know.

but if someone shot my friend then i would certainly name names... if i knew ..... and if the underworld is really running so wild on the island ... its about time a few decent folks did something about it...

this is really serious and not the time to hide behind the rocks... i detest this kind of behavior

George

hi,

so the press is now all of a sudden a reliable source of iformation and we can trust whats printed....

previously this formum has just bashed the press and insisted that everthing in thailand is corrupt.

and why not here? .......its the most anonymous place to make accusations...members of this forum are not usually shy to hang the wrong people.....

Do you anyone who knows EXACTLY who shot them? Do you think that they would be stupid enough to air their names on an internet forum. :D

As George says it puts the forum in jeapordy.

Say you were to post the name of the shooter, How do you know that nobody on here knows him and also knows where you are?

Are you in Samui?

:D

George

hi,

Do you anyone who knows EXACTLY who shot them? Do you think that they would be stupid enough to air their names on an internet forum. :D

As George says it puts the forum in jeapordy.

Say you were to post the name of the shooter, How do you know that nobody on here knows him and also knows where you are?

Are you in Samui?

:D

hi dave..

no i dont know who shot them

no i would not expect anyone who does know to log in under their own identity....would you ?

cant see why the forum is in jeopardy from an anonymous posting

wasn’t really thinking of the name of the shooter, but the names of the people behind this cowardly act......

freedom of speech is whats its all about and not hiding behind the rock on the day of reckoning....

but i guess if George is worried then we should all be silent and focus on slagging off the Thai government instead... seems to be more popular.

amarka :D

:o Well with a name like WORM it just says wot type of brain u have r u sure ur mai tem baht do u really think he wud pay someone wish i cud stumble up on u wud knock some sense into well try that worm brain of urs am out there xmas hope we can meet up 4 a beer??? or someting better u MUPPET!

It's really sad when foreigners start using Thai violent tatics against fellow foreigners  (or anybody for that fact).

Probably paid the gunman 1,000 baht to shoot them both. Makes me sick.

I mean we have enough to worry about over here, and now we have to worry about desputes being settled the Thai mafia way?

*heavy sigh*

:o Well with a name like WORM it just says wot type of brain u have r u sure ur mai tem baht do u really think he wud pay someone wish i cud stumble up on u wud knock some sense into well try that worm brain of urs am out there xmas hope we can meet up 4 a beer??? or someting better u MUPPET!
It's really sad when foreigners start using Thai violent tatics against fellow foreigners  (or anybody for that fact).

I mean we have enough to worry about over here, and now we have to worry about desputes being settled the Thai mafia way?

*heavy sigh*

<deleted> is this schvonsky guys problem? :D

Learn to spell also before you start slagging people off. :D

Any member naming any suspect will be banned from this forum. We can discuss names when it's in the press, not before. Thanks for your understanding and support.

/Admin

thanks George,

thats sort of killed things off a bit...

i thought a forum was to discuss matters... its understood that some .. if not all of the information is wayward.....

never mind

Any member naming any suspect will be banned from this forum. We can discuss names when it's in the press, not before. Thanks for your understanding and support.

/Admin

thanks George,

thats sort of killed things off a bit...

i thought a forum was to discuss matters... its understood that some .. if not all of the information is wayward.....

never mind

I'm with George on this about naming names.

He might get sued, or worse, NOT, the anon poster.

No problem in quoting the press.

Think about it Amarka!

WFT iz wiv txt spk thse daze, mkn wrds shrt juzt 4 the fun of it, it's not like George is charging per letter is it ?

Hope the guy and his missus get well soon.....

Edited by married2surin

*heavy sigh*

Gee I think you must be living in the past 1,000 baht wouldn't buy a strong word in todays Thailand. If there is a dispute between falangs I'd be looking at the Russian element. :o

Not necessarily the Russians. There are slackers here with good connections to the boys in khaki who could just as easily underwrite such a venture. The somewhat more subtle version is to get someone on staff to go file a criminal complaint of libel so that the offending victim is bewildered and has to defend themselves for so protracted period of time and face the pressure of the uncertainty of Thai justice. That they went for both would seem to indicate that it really was a business matter and the other side didn't want any witnesses. They probably didn't shoot her in the chest because they figured (a) we weren't paid enough and (:D she'll get the message. Doesn't necessarily mean it was sponsored by a Thai, just someone who has been here long enough. :D

Well with a name like WORM it just says wot type of brain u have r u sure ur mai tem baht do u really think he wud pay someone wish i cud stumble up on u wud knock some sense into well try that worm brain of urs am out there xmas hope we can meet up 4 a beer??? or someting better u MUPPET!

Grow up, Drongo. :o

Thailand is really a rough place to do succesfull business, all the best wishes for the two and I hope both recover soon.

One good thing is that Thailand has very strict laws for crime , the bad thing is that powerful people can buy themselves out. :o

It´s an attractive country but doing business there, doesn´t attract me.

wasn’t really thinking of the name of the shooter, but the names of the people behind this cowardly act......

freedom of speech is whats its all about and not hiding behind the rock on the day of reckoning....

Libel is still libel, even on the Internet. Here's how it would happen in Thailand. Anonymous poster says "Joe Blow had that guy shot." Joe Blow then lodges a complaint of libel with the police. The police contact ThaiVisa and ask for the time and origin IP of the offending post. If TV hands it over and it isn't an Internet cafe, the poster is quickly identified via his ISP, gets sued for millions and has no defence unless he has hard evidence (in which case he gets a bullet in the head from Joe Blow). If ThaiVisa refuses to hand over the IP details, the police then request the ICT Ministry to put the site on its block list and TV's business is ruined overnight.

Or any one of 1000's of redirect or anon proxies or ghostsurf pro (which has a trial :o )..

Did I understand posts above stating that

The somewhat more subtle version is to get someone on staff to go file a criminal complaint of libel so that the offending victim is bewildered and has to defend themselves for so protracted period of time and face the pressure of the uncertainty of Thai justice. That they went for both would seem to indicate that it really was a business matter and the other side didn't want any witnesses.

So does he have an outstanding libel case progressing.. and presumable we could know who lodged that libel case ??

Libel is still libel, even on the Internet. Here's how it would happen in Thailand. Anonymous poster says "Joe Blow had that guy shot." Joe Blow then lodges a complaint of libel with the police. The police contact ThaiVisa and ask for the time and origin IP of the offending post. If TV hands it over and it isn't an Internet cafe, the poster is quickly identified via his ISP, gets sued for millions and has no defence unless he has hard evidence (in which case he gets a bullet in the head from Joe Blow). If ThaiVisa refuses to hand over the IP details, the police then request the ICT Ministry to put the site on its block list and TV's business is ruined overnight.

You obviously don't know much about the internet. Anyone with a little know how can sit at home and post what he likes without worrying about the men in brown knocking at the door.

But george asked everyone to hold off on naming names, so for the sake of tv.com, maybe its not a good idea.

most of your comments make me sick! i am on samui and elsewhere in thailand for more than 6 years and its safe to say i am as concerned about that and other issues as you are. the point is you display that crime as an extrodinaray thai or even samui thing.

didnt you know that gunshooting happens as well in the uk or usa and germany and so on? and do u really believe that overthere it just happens as a response to something equally bad? stupid people shoot or let shoot everywhere in the world, not just limited to russians and "so bad thais"!

even i had some really bad experiences with thai laws, government, police ... i must admit, i am still alive, its my will to stay here, if i couldnt stand it i just would leave the country. i must even say i appreciate the kindness of the cops in thailand, allthough their working moral is..."a bit weak" sometimes.

i do not know the victims of that crime personally, but i am into the land and house business for quite long time and i know its has many aspects and it is definitly not a welfare thing: it can ruin lives, there are many cheats, it is followed up jealousy, not just on samui but maybe more there than elsewhere, cause its all about big money. and not speaking about mr. Gary Pearmain in particular it must be said that in real estate business overpromoting, big promisses are an everyday issue same as big disappointments and losses afterwards, mixed up with personal tragedies.

so please try to be fair with the island and the community here: it was a bad crime, but it wasnt typical for the place where it happened and not for the people around.

by the way, you seem to be fair when u worry about the thai girl less than about the british guy due to his chest shot, but when both survive, nicely recovered, one with just a little scar on his chest, but the girl with a massive "reminder" on her leg, to whom is it worse? again, try to be careful with your rating!!

and finally about that always upcoming complaints about thais:

spend a nice evening in soi green mango, go to solobar, soi reggea pub, go late, best around 1am and look at your british or german or israel or italian fellows, look how they treat the girls (yes also the bar girls!!! but not only) listen what they say when they speak to eachother. its a shame and we, the farangs should feel embarrassed about them and we should think about the image that this gives to thais.

if our fellows would treat the bargirls with the respect they deserve(they deserve a lot) if our fellows when doing business would not appear like thailand and its people is just a shop where we can buy, use and drop everything and everybody, if we expats would understand that not the thais are stupid, when they dont speak decent english, but we are too stupid to learn the countries language, if that all would be better, for sure we would have a much better time with the basically open minded and very warm hearted thais.

i hope mr. Pearmain and his girl get well soon and can leave it all behind.

most of your comments make me sick! i am on samui and elsewhere in thailand for more than 6 years and its safe to say i am as concerned about that and other issues as you are. the point is you display that crime as an extrodinaray thai or even samui thing.

didnt you know that gunshooting happens as well in the uk or usa and germany and so on? and do u really believe that overthere it just happens as a response to something equally bad? stupid people shoot or let shoot everywhere in the world, not just limited to russians and "so bad thais"!

even i had some really bad experiences with thai laws, government, police ... i must admit, i am still alive, its my will to stay here, if i couldnt stand it i just would leave the country. i must even say i appreciate the kindness of the cops in thailand, allthough their working moral is..."a bit weak" sometimes.

i do not know the victims of that crime personally, but i am into the land and house business for quite long time and i know its has many aspects and it is definitly not a welfare thing: it can ruin lives, there are many cheats, it is followed up jealousy, not just on samui but maybe more there than elsewhere, cause its all about big money. and  not speaking about mr. Gary Pearmain in particular it must be said that in real estate business overpromoting, big promisses are an everyday issue same as big disappointments and losses afterwards, mixed up with personal tragedies.

so please try to be fair with the island and the community here: it was a bad crime, but it wasnt typical for the place where it happened and not for the people around.

by the way, you seem to be fair when u worry about the thai girl less than about the british guy due to his chest shot, but when both survive, nicely recovered, one with just a little scar on his chest, but the girl with a massive "reminder" on her leg, to whom is it worse? again, try to be careful with your rating!!

and finally about that always upcoming complaints about thais:

spend a nice evening in soi green mango, go to solobar, soi reggea pub, go late, best around 1am and look at your british or german or israel or italian fellows, look how they treat the girls (yes also the bar girls!!! but not only) listen what they say when they speak to eachother. its a shame and we, the farangs should feel embarrassed about them and we should think about the image that this gives to thais.

if our fellows would treat the bargirls with the respect they deserve(they deserve a lot) if our fellows when doing business would not appear like thailand and its people is just a shop where we can buy, use and drop everything and everybody, if we expats would understand that not the thais are stupid, when they dont speak decent english, but we are too stupid to learn the countries language, if that all would be better, for sure we would have a much better time with the basically open minded and very warm hearted thais.

i hope mr. Pearmain and his girl get well soon and can leave it all behind.

1 Capital letter used in the whole rant.Ahh well.

but when both survive, nicely recovered, one with just a little scar on his chest, but the girl with a massive "reminder" on her leg, to whom is it worse? again, try to be careful with your rating!!

:D Who's gonna feel worse? What a stupid comment.

The guy is in ICU for ***** sake. What memories will he have when he looks at the scar on his chest?

:o

Samui is a shitehole full of farang scum.

I stayed in Chaweng once, only to find some Aussie Yob - probably hepped up on goofballs, fornicating some skanky Thai ho on my balcony. He refused to leave - until the resort alsatian chased him off.

I'd drop napalm on the entire place. Its a cess pit.

Makes me laugh when certain nitwits talk about Samui being a putative 'millionaires playground' for expensive villas.

ps Also bored with members here who feign knowledge of the assassination business. So many do this......'well I have a dodgy Thai friend who knows someone' schtick. You'd run a mile if a poodle widdled on your doormat and barked at you.

Edited by The_Moog

The moogs decided that he wants to be flamed I believe

One would hope so...i've given the green light to

-Samui Residents

-Hepped up Aussies

-Real Estate Agents

-Other Thai residents professing mafia knowledge.

-Users of hookers

-Opponents of WMD being used in tourist -areas