Herbie Hancock Live In Bangkok

webfact

Herbie Hancock Live in Bangkok

Sunday May 8

386px-Herbie_Hancock.jpg

Herbie Hancock - File Photo

Source: Wikipedia

Herbie Hancock is a true icon of modern music. Throughout his explorations, he has transcended limitations and genres while maintaining his unmistakable voice. With an illustrious career spanning five decades and 12 Grammy® Awards including the 2007 Album Of The Year for ‘River: The Joni Letters’, he continues to amaze audiences.

There are few artists in the music industry who have had more influence on acoustic and electronic jazz and R&B than Herbie Hancock. As the immortal Miles Davis said in his autobiography, "Herbie was the step after Bud Powell and Thelonious Monk, and I haven't heard anybody yet who has come after him." Beginnings: Early Life and the Miles Davis Quintet Born in Chicago in 1940, Herbie was a child piano prodigy who performed a Mozart piano concerto with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra at age 11.

He began playing jazz in high school, initially influenced by Oscar Peterson and Bill Evans. He also developed a passion for electronics and science, and double-majored in music and electrical engineering at Grinnell College. By mid-decade, Herbie was playing for stadium-sized crowds all over the world and had no fewer than four albums in the pop charts at once. In total, Herbie had 11 albums in the pop charts during the 1970s. His ’70s output inspired and provided samples for generations of hip-hop and dance music artists. [more...]

Info: http://www.thaiticketmajor.com/concert/herbie-concert-eng.php

-- THAITICKETMAJOR.COM 2011-04-01

footer_n.gif

Herbie Hancock is not limited to the form we call jazz. This man truly is one of the true creative spirits in music.

His 1962 release of "Watermelon Man" provided an early view of what was to come as jazz incorporated the rhythm's of funk, R&B, soul and progressive latin. Step to mid-2010. The "Imagination Project" with YoYo Ma, Santana, India Ari ... and others, back on the charts. Always reaching, never play the song the same way twice. Try to catch this one ..

Edited by tpthai2

Wish I could be there -- HH is one of my favorite artists. His latest album The Imagine Project brought together some outstanding artists (Pink, Lennon, Seal, Susan Tedeschi, Dave Matthews among others) and was really outstanding. His Joni Rivers album from three years ago was perfect. One of the great artists of our time.

Love HH especially the Joni album he did a few years ago, I just wish they could get some relevant acts in BKK once in a while....White Stripes, Radiohead, The Decemberists? Monsters of Folk? Hell, I'd even go to a Pink concert.