Www.Thebox.Bz

Wee Jimmy

• 1 month later...

Didn't want to start a new topic, but it appears again that "thebox.bz" has gone (for the time being at least - hopefully ! )

It fires off a website that is "thebox.biz" which contains a load of rubbish.

Anyone know anymore ??

Cheers.........

Nidge, I realise that (the birthday and all) - I logged on earlier and it was ok - downloaded some stuff.. But now it just redirects to 'thebox.biz' which is a completely different site.

Didn't want to start a new topic, but it appears again that "thebox.bz" has gone (for the time being at least - hopefully ! )

Anyone know anymore ??

Cheers.........

Mmm...interesting. Dunno what's going on. I'm in Thailand. Have used the 'https' site for the last month or more with no probs. But just entered that website now and it immediately redirects to thebox.biz which is something else.

Puzzzled...............................

Nidge, I realise that (the birthday and all) - I logged on earlier and it was ok - downloaded some stuff.. But now it just redirects to 'thebox.biz' which is a completely different site.

Anyone know anymore ??

Cheers.........

Run your malware scanner, try a different browser.

thebox.biz does seem to be an attempt to cash in on the popularity of the site we know and love (and it's carp).

Thanks for that, but I am experienced and have 2 PCs both of which cannot access thebox - they did so earlier. No viruses or spyware etc. I believe something is at work here deeper that we know. They advised people to access it via https a while ago and I believe something else has occurred now because of the feeleech situation.

Mmm...interesting. Dunno what's going on. I'm in Thailand. Have used the 'https' site for the last month or more with no probs. But just entered that website now and it immediately redirects to thebox.biz which is something else.

Puzzzled...............................

Anyone know anymore ??

Cheers.........

Both http and https redirect to spoof site (if that is the right word). I'll investigate more and post back.And yes, I happen to be with with 3BB too.

Edited by Rigsby

Earlier this evening both the https and http versions of the address were re-directing me to thebox.biz, now both addresses just report "Page not found" messages on both Firefox and IE.

I tried several DNS servers including opendns, but no difference.

If anyone is able to access the site, could you check the Forum to see if others are reporting problems. They sometimes have problems that affect some users but not others.

I'll probably just shut everything down and see if it's back to normal tomorrow.

I just went on the IRC to find out what happened

they say its a domain expiry or something, I guess they forgot to pay the bill.

and it may take up to 24 hours to fix.

they told me in the mean time to log on using

this link

It didnt work for me but its good to know the problem is only temporary

Edited by Timbrin

OOPS! ^^^

The IP link works for me except I can't get past the captcha (I never was any good at those).

EDIT finally got in, from their front page:-

if your having problems connecting to the site please edit your hosts file as per:

188.126.66.2 thebox.bz

188.126.66.2 www.thebox.bz

the issue should get solved if u add these lines...

we are working on fixing the issue in the coming hours from our end but for the time being if someone you know has problems tell them to edit their hosts file...

For Windoze users your Hosts file lives here C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

I just went on the IRC to find out what happened

they say its a domain expiry or something, I guess they forgot to pay the bill.

and it may take up to 24 hours to fix.

they told me in the mean time to log on using

this link

It didnt work for me but its good to know the problem is only temporary

The link worked for me.

Post by a Moderator on their forum.

We have a temporary problem with our domain name which is in the process of sorting itself out. It may take up to 18 hours so please be patient

Thanks for all this guys. Get the login page but can't login. At least we know what's occuring now. I guess it's a good idea to note that IRC channel down for the future.

Can't connect to IRC either. C'est la vie !

Edited by Rigsby

Thanks for all this guys. Get the login page but can't login. At least we know what's occuring now. I guess it's a good idea to note that IRC channel down for the future.

Can't connect to IRC either. C'est la vie !

I had problems with the irc as well but if you go to #theempire.bz

you can then get to #thebox.bz

I havent a clue how to work irc but after a lot of messing around I managed it

Thanks for all the info.

The posted link worked for me but I couldn't get past the captcha either. I amended my HOSTS file as suggested and I got to a different "Log In" page and this time the captcha was accepted and I was into the site.

My torrents were all red and showing "hostname not found" but I found this info on the Forum

If you've already used the hosts file "trick" to connect to the site then you can add

188.126.66.2 tracker.thebox.bz

to your hosts file.

Then restart your torrent client and you should be able to connect.

Remember to delete the lines added from your hosts file when the site is back running ok.

I did this and all the torrents are ok now.

Thanks again for the info.

Edited by delboy

Site is okay for me. Tracker is still down from my seedbox, but not direct from my computer. Guess it will take a few hours for the DNS records to get updated.

Yeah, torrents seem to be coming back to my seedbox :) slowly :(

Yesterday was a feast on TheBox with all those FREE torrents.

Today all seems to be running well, with no noticeable delays

I have around 2Mb/s of download from a number of torrents on my PC

and the seedbox show a steady upload on 15 different torrents.

No signs of problems accessing the web site or the tracker.