Sothwest Airlines

Down Big pre-market(4.5%). Could hit a 52 week low with all factors affecting this stock. Big bears taking these bad boys to the wood shed for a well deserved spanking. 31,000 pax stranded on Sat. Oil at 30 month high. Revenues down and liabilities up. They should find support on the way down and especially at $10 but they have tarnished their brand. Right now LUV hurts :annoyed:

Thanks for pointing that one out.

Just looked at the chart (wish I could post the pic here) and it looks good....going to short it for $1.

Close at $11.68 Fri. Way more sellers than buyers and triple the normal volume. The CEO comments in light of all the bad news was shocking. Anyway best of luck as I don't play the options game but I suspect the bad news bears will go after Boeing next. Found this as it relates to LOS an interesting read on a side note. http://www.cnbc.com/id/42502928

• 2 weeks later...

And the Thailand relation is?

From the link I provided:

For example, the planes owned by the crown prince of Thailand and Chinese Air Force have only flown about 5,000 cycles each, meaning their planes have a long ways to go before an inspection. One of the Swedish planes has more than 40,000, requiring an immediate examination.

The inspections are high-tech and labor-intensive.

Mechanics using a device that sends magnetic signals through metal to detect unseen cracks will scan about 50 feet of the twin metal seams running along the top of each airplane. The task takes two experts in aircraft service about eight hours. Repairs on any fatigue cracks will take a day or two at most. The checks will have to be repeated every 500 flights.

Sounds fair. Thought everyone was just solely talking Southwest Airlines stock value (a U.S. airlines) after scanning the first few posts and other follow-on posts giving a bunch of stock prices of the day; I never opened the link in post #3 giving it a Thailand connection...guess I was scanning all the posts too fast. Cheers.

Edited by Pib