Uk Bereavement Benefit

techno

My friends brother sold all his assets in the UK and moved to Pattaya and bought a house with a 24 year old bar girl (in her name) he met on a previous visit to Thialand. He moved to Thailand because in the UK he was diagnosed with terminal cancer. He died a couple of weeks ago and my friend had to pay for his brothers funeral and hospital costs as all his brother had was 200 baht in the bank. Do any TV members know if the UK Bereavement benefit is available to a family member living in Thailand other than a widower,widowor civil partner. Thank you

I take it he died in Thailand? If so surely the costs would have gone to his Girlfriend?

As for getting any money from the UK, with the state of the economy there. I think he will be struggling, on that one. The best thing for him would be to contact the UK bereavement benefit people and put the question to them?

jb1

Is the bereavement benefit still going? Our mother died last year, she was an old widow on benefits, but ther was no bereavement benefit. We did get it 30 years ago when Dad died. Wonder if it has stopped?