Retirement Visa ... What Are The Medical Requirements?

For the O-A visa obtained in your home country (called either the Long Stay Visa or Retirement Visa) you must get a form signed by a doctor saying you don't have

leprosy

TB

elephantiasis

drug addiction

third stage syphilis

http://www.thaiembdc.org/FORM/1a004.pdf

But you don't need an O-A visa to retire in Thailand. Instead, you can start the process using extensions based on retirement obtained in Thailand. For that, no medical form required.

Edited by Jingthing

For the O-A visa obtained in your home country (called either the Long Stay Visa or Retirement Visa) you must get a form signed by a doctor saying you don't have

leprosy

TB

elephantiasis

drug addiction

third stage syphilis

http://www.thaiembdc.../FORM/1a004.pdf

But you don't need an O-A visa to retire in Thailand. Instead, you can start the process using extensions based on retirement obtained in Thailand. For that, no medical form required.

Thanks very much for this. Indeed very helpful information!

• 8 months later...

leprosy

TB

elephantiasis

drug addiction

third stage syphilis

http://www.thaiembdc.../FORM/1a004.pdf

the form above is instructive I am sure Jingthing, but not for Western doctors.

How do we prove we don't have third stage syphilis, how can a doctor certify lack of drug addiction.

Doctors here will say there is no evidence of these things , but not that you don't have, it is too categorical for them.

Even more alarming the certificate requires " free from any defect"

Is there any human Thai or otherwise, who is free from any defect.

Edited by peterquixote

Come on guys, don't make a mountain out of a mole hill. It's a simple form, similar to one's that I have had to have over the past 40 years. All that I ever did was take it to my family physician where I had yearly medical check-ups. He completed it and never charged me more than an office visit. If you want to go to a big hospital and have them run all the required tests at an outragious price, iy's up to you, but its not required. There is no requirement to attach any medical transcripts or test results, only the doctors certification.

• Like 1

Well, our doctor in the U.S. did require blood test and a skin patch test for TB. He had to look up elephantiasis. None of this was covered by insurance, either. Not a major hardship and the nurses kept laughing while they filled out the form we downloaded from the Thai government website.

• 2 months later...

I just received my "Non Immigration O-A" Visa, from Thai Embassy New Zealand.

Cost $NZ 250 is around Thai baht 6200

I supplied the full deal, this is Passport, copies of passport, Bank balance, certificate of income, references printed be me ,

the obligatory police record and Medical

Also plus the unnecessary Marriage certificate , Wife's house registration, all in a booklet.

Thai authority NZ kept my papers of support, and I have copies.

The point is that is easier for me to deal with this from an office here, rather than run around like a zombie

all over Bangkok, when i get there..

So I get 90 days in Thailand, then apply for extension.

I take records already made over there, for the 90 day report.

That is take confirmation of income, notary of finance from embassy, and/or marriage certificate translated.

I do not wish to set up an Office in Bangkok, just to stay there.

Yes Western doctors, can sign the form on the basis they have examined you on various occasions.

Leporsy, Elephantiasis, and Syphylis, TB rare here. They usually do one or another cursory test.

On the other associated matter with the Police record. New Zealand has a clean slate policy.

The police record is wiped back to zero after 7 years.

All I need to know now, is now is where can you go to have a swim in Bangkok, or a walk in the hills.

Take a close look at your visa and make sure you know what it allows. If it is multi entry (which it must be at that price) any entry will be for one year. And your can do this until the expiration date of the visa (one year from issue) so almost two years in total (but second year will require re-entry permit for any travel. All you need to do here is report address to immigration every 90 days on TM.47 form.

As for running around in Bangkok a retirement extension of stay only requires financial proof here (and perhaps some proof of where you live) and normal copies so very easy.

For swiming wait for the floods - there are no hills in Bangkok.biggrin.png

Go to you local Doc. Ask him to ask you the following questions:

Do you have:

leprosy?

TB?

elephantiasis?

drug addiction?

third stage syphilis?

Answer "No" to each question. Have Doc sign form. Bob's your uncle.