Official Farang Songkran Song

jazzbo

Do They Know It's Songkran After all?

well I'm working on the lyrics principally inspired by the line:

Where the only water flowing is a bitter sting of tears ... Right -- How about that last bucket of water thrown in your face?

... and maybe " ... and your talcum powder smears' ? ... it even rhymes.

(Chorus):

Here's to you

Raise your jug for everyone knows

Here's to them

Underneath the fire hose..

Hey! ... work-in-progress

You need to get out more ! ... maybe but this is the week I do my best not to get out ...' The Bucket of Water Song' has a nice sea-chantey style there with nursery-rhyme type lyrics ... a good effort from the Benny Hill crowd

Given all that there's room for a new one with a bit more sarcasm.

Edited by jazzbo

Not Benny Hill (he's dead!) - this was OTT (Over The Top) - that brought us several commedy stars: Alexei Sayle, Helen Atkinson-Wood, John Gorman, Lenny Henry, Chris Tarrant, Bob Carolgees and Spit-The-Dog.

Also gave us the naked balloon dance (half a dozen fat men dancing naked with balloons covering their bits 'n' pieces - ends with the balloons whizzing off). Circa early 80's. Very silly, and quite funny - but terribly dated now.

It was actually an offshoot of Tiswas (spelling?) which was a Saturday morning kids programme - some of the same people in it, but the "guys" were getting a bit too naughty and getting complaints, but also masses of viewers, so they made an adult version for after the 9pm watershed. I was in my early teens then, so loved it!

Edited by wolf5370

Not Benny Hill (he's dead!) - this was OTT (Over The Top) - that brought us several commedy stars: Alexei Sayle, Helen Atkinson-Wood, John Gorman, Lenny Henry, Chris Tarrant, Bob Carolgees and Spit-The-Dog.

No, that was Tiswas, which started in 1974. OTT started in the 80's with much the same cast but it was a late night show intended for a more adult audience, what they got was the same audience that may or may not have grown up a little bit.