Newest Club In Bangkok; White Lioness

After watching the old Moroccan restaurant Nomad located behind Insomnia Club, across the street from the Darling Massage Parlor on Soi 12 (and coincidentally right next door to my apartment), sit vacant for a long, LONG TIME; it finally looks like it's about ready to open in yet another incarnation!

It's called the "White Lioness" (it even has two white stone lion heads on either side of the entry doors). From watching the build out renovations I am sure they dumped a PILE ‘o baht into it. I walked thru it when they first started renovating and then again last week. I can say it's gonna be a looker of a club.

The old Nomad restaurant had a BIG white tent sort of dealy where they had their bar, D/J & live music. Then there was a separate two story house which housed the restaurant where you could sit and eat.

The new owners took out every single window and door on the ground floor of the house and made the only access via a hallway from the tent/bar area. The house from the quick walk thru I did has bathrooms, the girls dressing/changing area and 5 or 6 small "bedroom-ish" looking kinda rooms on the ground floor (That's what they look like although I saw no beds in them yet). Upstairs the same kinda rooms are much bigger and appear to be more like VIP suites.

As far as the tent thingy goes; they put in a LOT of aircons, insulated & sheet rocked the walls, did a drop ceiling, lighting and redid the floors. There's a typical "go/go-ish" stage running down the middle of the bar area, with what looks like might be tiers for benches and/or booths on either side. I say it looks like that, as it’s not quite done yet and the furniture for the bar is sitting outside under a tarp.

Weeks ago I spoke with one of the foreigners kinda sorta overseeing things there. He wouldn't say it was gonna be a go-go bar; only that after it opened and I went in I'd know what kinda bar it was. Ambiguous at best (or not, huh)? Of course he also said it was gonna open on the 10th of April too, but TIT and I've rarely seen anything of this scope finished on time.

Still it definitely LOOKS like a cut above any bar of this sort I've seen in Bangkok (what ever sort that is). The concept of European ‘dancing’ or ‘show’ girls is also definitely an under exploited “niche market” too. I just don’t know how big a niche that really is. ..

Other than a few fat, drunk, ugly foreign women who occasionally clambered up on the stage(s) at bars in Nana or Cowboy, I never really saw any European ‘dancing’ girls in those places. Now I don’t know what sort of venue the White Lioness may or may not be, but it’s worth checking out when it opens even if just for the novelty of seeing it.

It'll be interesting (mostly to me as I live next door) to see the type of 'clientele' it attracts. I don’t think it’s gonna be too many more days before it opens given the fever pitch the Thai workers are going at it.

Just thought someone might find info of this sort of interest.

Note To Modz: If this topic is in violation of Forum Rules, feel free to delete it. ..

I think all foreigners working needs a work permit.

We have a place like that on Walking Street in Pattaya that is entirely staffed by Eastern European girls. No idea what it says on their work permit though or if they even have one, but it has been doing brisk business for many years already.

They're Uzbek's and most have no WP but it doesn't really matter.

Those girls would laugh at a Thai cop.

Whenever I see pictures in the newspapers of the Russian and Uzbek girls hauled in to the police station for photo time with the press they don't appear to be laughing much :lol:

They're Uzbek's and most have no WP but it doesn't really matter.

Those girls would laugh at a Thai cop.

Whenever I see pictures in the newspapers of the Russian and Uzbek girls hauled in to the police station for photo time with the press they don't appear to be laughing much :lol:

I don't think they're Russians.

Do you need a work permit to dance?

Yes. Or the right protection.

The Galaxy Show Bar on Walking Street is basically a clip joint; you pay for drinks (Bt300 for local drinks last I heard), lady drinks, girls sitting down next to you, and it ain't cheap.

I would imagine you are talking Soho prices, so it will be interesting to get a report from someone who gives it a try.

Just as a point of interest.

"White Lioness" was the nickname of the woman in Jack Reynolds book "A woman of Bangkok".

Patrick

She was the "White Leopard"

Hmmm - you may be right, I no longer have the book unfortunately.

I knew it was a cat of some sort!

Patrick

We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming to bring you this BREAKING NEWS BULLETIN:

I just walked past the White Lioness on the way back to my apartment this morning.

The Thai workers there told me TODAY is the ‘grand opening!! :)

Might be worth a swing by to check it out, then again, depending on your personal penchants, it might not. ;)

FWIW: they really DID sink a HUGE “pile ‘o baht” into the build out, renovations. It sure is a looker of a club, errr, go-go bar, errr, what ever it actually is. :o

Let’s just leave it at IT LOOKS REALLY NICE!!. :P

Took a visit last night to White Lioness - it is beautiful inside - like a swanky lounge but VERY disappointing experience. 1000 baht cover charge for entry gets you 1 drink -- which you have to pay upfront. This isn't told to you until you sit down. Lady drinks are a whopping 800 baht each. Beers are 400 baht, cocktails 600. The women were nothing special in my opinion and several to me were overweight and unattractive. They have a small stage in the middle with entertainment (usually a girl or two dancing) which I thought was mediocre.

If you're really desperate to see non-Thai women in Bangkok and have a ton of cash, then I guess this place would cater to you. I found it to be a very overpriced rip-off with women who don't fit the sky high prices.

• 3 months later...

This place won't survive 6 months.

Paying those prices in Thailand to see some of the rudest people you'll ever come across, you'd have to be insane or have more dollars than sense.

No thanks!!!

You have been in then? whats it like?

Haven't been in there, but I would think it would be like Galaxy / those Russian places on walking street.

Steep prices, and rude attitude dancers, trying to milk for for every baht in the shortest time possible..

Anyway for those with loads of cash and a change, by all means, but I can't justify paying those lofty prices for white girls in BKK.

Paying those prices in Thailand to see some of the rudest people you'll ever come across, you'd have to be insane or have more dollars than sense.

No thanks!!!

Haven't been in there, but I would think it would be like Galaxy / those Russian places on walking street.

Steep prices, and rude attitude dancers, trying to milk for for every baht in the shortest time possible..

Anyway for those with loads of cash and a change, by all means, but I can't justify paying those lofty prices for white girls in BKK.

I have yet to hear a good word from anyone about Galaxy but it has now been there for 6 years so they must be getting people in from somewhere.

No thanks!!!

I have yet to hear a good word from anyone about Galaxy but it has now been there for 6 years so they must be getting people in from somewhere.

there is a Galaxy Club in Koh Samui now, in soi Geen Mango, must have spent Millions of THB doing the place up, plus the back handers for allowing the girls to work there

there is a Galaxy Club in Koh Samui now, in soi Geen Mango, must have spent Millions of THB doing the place up, plus the back handers for allowing the girls to work there

I used to go to a club like that in Chicago. Never any customers except for a few Italian gentlemen eating in the kitchen. The place seemed to exist in contradiction of the laws of economics...... B)