How To Get I-Ban Number From Kasikorn Bank

i need to send a swift transfer to thailand from uk asap, my bank is kasikorn in kumpawapi ( udon province ) i need their i-ban number, sort code and address, anyone know how can i get this and also what else i need to send a swift from uk to thailand. also i know there is a one off fee of £25 for this transaction is there anything else i need to know ?

i also have accounts with scb and ayayuthya banks in pattaya so any of these would do for the transfer.

thanks in advance.

Edited by dmax

The SWIFT code is KASITHBK.

I have never used sort codes for SWIFT transfers to Thailand.

Address --

Kasikorn Bank Kumphawapi Branch 187 Moo 10 Shalae Rd. Rd. Kumphawapi Kumphawapi Udon Thani 41110 http://www.bankthailand.info/travel/UdonThani-bank.htm

You need the exact name and account number of the account you are sending by SWIFT transfer to.

Also, do send in pounds and don't convert into baht before sending. The funds will be converted to baht in Thailand.

Edited by Jingthing

You have to call your UK bank, you will need Thai account number, swift code (as post above) and address of the Thai bank, that is all. The I-ban number is only for EU banks, make sure you ask them to send in Sterling to get the best rate, should take 24/36 hours

I send money from my UK bank or a regular basis to my Auddyha [sp?] bank and it normally takes 24-48 hours to arrive.

Bear in mind though it is holiday time here and the banks will be closed so the earliest you will probably receive your money will be Monday/Tuesday next week.

thanks guys for your help wink.gif though are you definately sure about ( i do not need the i-ban number ? ) cannot afford to lose out here if something goes wrong from the uk side, im in uk now but heading back to los next week.

cheers

Edited by dmax

thanks guys for your help wink.gif though are you definately sure about ( i do not need the i-ban number ? ) cannot afford to lose out here if something goes wrong from the uk side, im in uk now but heading back to los next week.

cheers

No IBAN number required.

Only SWIFT code, account number, account name, bank address.

• Like 1

IBAN number would be best but not necessary. In fact, the is just the SWIFT code of the bank, branch number, and your account number lumped together. You're UK bank can take the SWIFT and account and figure it out for you. Sort Codes are only used by UK banks. The Thai Bank will not have one. Both banks usually charge you for the transaction, sending and receiving.

If all goes well with the transfers, ask your UK bank for the MT100. Save it for future transfers.

cheers

Like many others I use Swift to transfer from the UK.

You only need the Swift Code for Kasikorn : KASI THBK and your account Number.

(I transfer from Nationwide and they need the Banks address as well)

IBAN Codes are not used in Thailand.

Dont forget many banks want a reason to transfer cash to Thailand - Just write "Personal Expenses"

Edited by Tafia