Killing Spree In Bangkok, Carjacker Murders Two

webfact

I would think that the police will rally around their comrades, as they should. There will be an investigation and I doubt that it will be any more white-washed than anywhere else.

In spite of the reputation for corruption. The police, I am sure, would rather handle these situations as best they can. There really aren't any winners.

yep... a report on TV said they are lack of training for the case like that.............

They didn't even know the hostage was in the car..... Communication was not handled well enough....

I would say what they did is good enough... but they need to improve.........next time(s).........

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"1. They have to make their own decisions as the people controlling or directing them care for nothing more than their cut of the spoils."

You must be psychic! Not only do you know what is in my mind but the hearts and minds of every Thai cop in the nation.

To be fair they do have a deserved reputation for being corrupt.

5 head shots and two defensive wounds to his hands? I think the police didn't want him to survive....head shots are very difficult unless you're no more than a few feet away and to get 5 of 'em in......that means the police were very close....

Well, to speculate doesn't change any facts. :jap:

This is all down to the affects of Yaba and Amphetamines. He went crazy and lost all sense of reality.

Other crazy side affects for men are developing breasts, shrieking in a pathetic high pitch voice and an uncontrollable urge to wear womens clothes...

Edited by Randee

“1. They have to make their own decisions as the people controlling or directing them care for nothing more than their cut of the spoils.”

You must be psychic! Not only do you know what is in my mind but the hearts and minds of every Thai cop in the nation. I'm sure that the cop who lost his life trying to stop this guy was only thinking of how much money he could earn and kick up. I'm sure that his family would be pleased to hear you say that.

No, please don't get me wrong, as you obviously have done by using the word 'every' which is why I use the word 'some' in counterpoint in previous posts, which you have chosen to either ignore or twist for your own so called assumed moral superiority.

I know some good Thai cops, I know some bad ones, guess which ones are greater in number?

You don't need to be psychic to work that one out, all you need is a set of eyes and a good grip on reality that is based on what you see happening to everyone, over and above what is only happening to you.

This is all down to the affects of Yaba and Amphetamines. He went crazy and lost all sense of reality.

Yaa Bah, is an amphetamine, that is all it is, it helps you stay awake and that is about all it does, to really turn someone to do nasty stuff you need another agent, either alcohol or psychotic tendencies to begin with.

That is the reason that they changed the name of it from Yaa Mah.... to make it a demon and an umbrella excuse for every single problem encountered in Thai society that couldn't be blamed on Thai people in general or taxed.

//edit/spelling

Edited by Thaddeus

Yaa Bah, is an amphetamine, that is all it is, it helps you stay awake and that is about all it does, to really turn someone to do nasty stuff you need another agent, either alcohol or psychotic tendencies to begin with.

That is the reason that they changed the name of it from Yaa Mah.... to make it a demon and an umbrella excuse for every single problem encountered in Thai society that couldn't be blamed on Thai people in general or taxed.

//edit/spelling

ME - "This is all down to the affects of Yaba and Amphetamines. He went crazy and lost all sense of reality.

Other crazy side affects for men are developing breasts, shrieking in a pathetic high pitch voice and an uncontrollable urge to wear womens clothes... "

YOU - "Yaa Bah, is an amphetamine, that is all it is, it helps you stay awake and that is about all it does, to really turn someone to do nasty stuff you need another agent, either alcohol or psychotic tendencies to begin with."

you are so wrong

Edited by Randee

I didn't get you wrong. You made a couple of smart a$$ comments over the dead bodies of a cop doing his job, getting the bad guy, putting himself in harms way and now your trying to duck and cover.

Of course there's corruption here. There is no way they could afford to do it like in the west. The Thai cops resolve 90% of issues on the spot and weather you like the outcome or not the courts are not clogged. On another thread a farang got busted for drunk driving in Pattaya and paid 10,000 to get out of it. If he was convicted he could have been kicked out of the country. He got the lesson and gets to stay. So it works both ways.

5 head shots and two defensive wounds to his hands? I think the police didn't want him to survive....head shots are very difficult unless you're no more than a few feet away and to get 5 of 'em in......that means the police were very close....

Just a bloody lot of bullets. Lucky there wasn't a darn site more deaths/Injuries.

jb1

Agree with that, my family and I were just at that intersection a couple of days prior too for a family day out, it's scary to say the least and this isn't the first time we've been somewhere and then just following something tragic like this happens :( . I can only be happy we were lucky enough not to have been there on any of the occasions and feel for the families who weren't so fortunate :( ...

//edit/spelling

ME - "This is all down to the affects of Yaba and Amphetamines. He went crazy and lost all sense of reality.

Other crazy side affects for men are developing breasts, shrieking in a pathetic high pitch voice and an uncontrollable urge to wear womens clothes... "

YOU - "Yaa Bah, is an amphetamine, that is all it is, it helps you stay awake and that is about all it does, to really turn someone to do nasty stuff you need another agent, either alcohol or psychotic tendencies to begin with."

you are so wrong

Really, am I ...... please do some homework.

Well if you've been on amphetamines for any length of time the lack of quality sleep alone is reason enough for some to go over the edge and lose sight of reality..

Then factor in other effects of the drug and their's plenty enough explanation for the suspects actions without other stimuli..

Edited by WarpSpeed

I didn't get you wrong. You made a couple of smart a$$ comments over the dead bodies of a cop doing his job, getting the bad guy, putting himself in harms way and now your trying to duck and cover.

Yes you did, no I didn't, and no I'm not...... and please try to improve you're/your/yore spelling (that last one was a smart arse comment, as in English an ass is an animal that you sit on, just like Jesus did)

Well if you've been on amphetamines for any length of time the lack of quality sleep alone is reason enough for some to go over the edge and lose sight of reality..

Then factor in other effects of the drug and their's plenty enough explanation for the suspects actions without other stimuli..

Yes, exactly, sleep deprivation is very dangerous, however, use of amphetamines alone will not cause that, there have to be other factors at work for someone, anyone, to feel the need to stay awake for long periods that far exceed the need of most stable people, addiction to other drugs, addiction to alcohol (yep, that's a drug too) work pressure, mental instability etc

Amphetamine use alone does not cause anyone to go crazy, that trait has to already be there irrespective of why?

Want to discuss the benefits of Red Bull and Vodka now, or mainlining M Roi Hah Sip?

One inflammatory and falsely accusatory post and a response to that post has been deleted, do not make such allegations again.

And Thaddeus, before making allegations about the effects of meth use, perhaps you should also then post medical documentation of such evidence as it could be considered inflammatory to make suppositions without any proof

Yes, exactly, sleep deprivation is very dangerous, however, use of amphetamines alone will not cause that, there have to be other factors at work for someone, anyone, to feel the need to stay awake for long periods that far exceed the need of most stable people, addiction to other drugs, addiction to alcohol (yep, that's a drug too) work pressure, mental instability etc

Amphetamine use alone does not cause anyone to go crazy, that trait has to already be there irrespective of why?

Want to discuss the benefits of Red Bull and Vodka now, or mainlining M Roi Hah Sip?

look at you trying to defend and justify the use of bad stuff, you need to read the headline and sort your head out.

admin is talking to you in the post above this

Homework? Let's start with the basics YaaBaa is methamphetamine not amphetamine. It is often cut with caffeine. Methamphetamine are much easier and cheaper to make than amphetamines. Yaa Ice is crystal-meth.

Meth induced psychosis is fairly common in habitual users. (Hard to say exactly how common but ask any ER nurse and they will say it is VERY common. Ask a psychiatrist and you may get a different answer.)

One inflammatory and falsely accusatory post and a response to that post has been deleted, do not make such allegations again.

And Thaddeus, before making allegations about the effects of meth use, perhaps you should also then post medical documentation of such evidence as it could be considered inflammatory to make suppositions without any proof

well i certainly get the impression hes a user trying to justify it, especially by his other posts too. hes even suggesting injecting M150. it seems to be blatantly obvious BUT if i have made a wrong accusation by human error i can assure you ma'am it won't happen again :jap:

Edited by Randee

Homework? Let's start with the basics YaaBaa is methamphetamine not amphetamine. It is often cut with caffeine. Methamphetamine are much easier and cheaper to make than amphetamines. Yaa Ice is crystal-meth.

In that case JD, I stand corrected, as far as I was aware Yaa Bah was just an amphetamine, Yaa Ice was the meth mix.

In that case JD, I stand corrected, as far as I was aware Yaa Bah was just an amphetamine, Yaa Ice was the meth mix.

duh :lol:

Ice is just the crystalline meth. Yaa Baa as commonly sold is a pill, but is still just meth and usually caffeine. Amphetamines are not as pupular recreationally because they are not watersoluble and do not cross the blood-brain barrier as quickly.easily.

below is simply a recognition of the 1968 movie Valley of the Dolls (Couldn't think about amphetamines without thinking of that and Judy Garland ;) (and I was only 3 or 4 when the movie came out ;)

(though to be fair Valley of the Dolls was a bit more about barbiturates than amphetamines)

well i certainly get the impression hes a user trying to justify it, especially by his other posts too. hes even suggesting injecting M150. it seems to be blatantly obvious BUT if i have made a wrong accusation by human error i can assure you ma'am it won't happen again :jap:

Please, get a grip, I never suggested injecting anything.

Several members of this forum (not yourself, obviously) already know that I am very much anti-drugs for very good reasons.

methamphetamine psychosis is a sad fact of heavy use of the drug and given the psychotic state the man was in its lucky he didn't kill more.

I seriously doubt he has family money, for the poster who came up with that theory. More than likely the episode came on after his last arrest.

That was revealed by the kamnan of tambon Nareng in Nakhon Si Thammarat's Nopphitam district..."Somsri said she had heard that Thada, who came from a well-to-do family in the area, had recently separated from his wife with whom he has had two children." That was not a theory concocted by a poster.

This is truly a sad event. I can't imagine the horror of it all, but please don't make this a Thai thing. It's happening all over the world even in so called civilized societies. Just last week someone went on a rampage in the Neatherlands where I have the highest regard for their social programs and their attention to building a sustainable society.

We have gained such understanding of drug abuse and we can clearly see which progams are most effective at reducing the damage caused, but we refuse to invest in our own societies to try to solve the problem. This is a human problem that has no national boundries.

Yeah awesome comment there Schooner !

Right on the money !

//edit/spelling

Clearly you're knowledge of substance (amphetamine) induced psychosis is substantial because if you'd taken a few seconds to read up on it your statement would have been null and void.

ICD-10

• F10.5 alcohol:[1][2][3] Alcohol is a common risk of causing psychotic disorders or episodes, which may occur through acute intoxication, chronic alcoholism, withdrawal, exacerbation of existing disorders, or acute idiosyncratic reactions.[4] Research has shown that alcohol abuse causes an 8-fold increased risk of psychotic disorders in men and a 3 fold increased risk of psychotic disorders in women.[5][6] While the vast majority of cases are acute and resolve fairly quickly upon treatment and/or abstinence, they can occasionally become chronic and persistent.[4] Alcoholic psychosis is sometimes misdiagnosed as another mental illness such as schizophrenia.[7]

• F12.5 cannabinoid: Some studies indicate that cannabis, especially certain strains containing large proportions of THC and low proportions of CBD,[8][9] may lower the threshold for psychosis, and thus help to trigger full-blown psychosis in some people.[10] Early studies have been criticized for failing to consider other drugs (such as LSD) that the participants may have used before or during the study, as well as other factors such as pre-existing ("comorbid") mental illness. However, more recent studies with better controls have still found an increase in risk for psychosis in cannabis users, albeit a more modest one.[11] It is still not clear whether this is a causal link, and it is possible that cannabis use only increases the chance of psychosis in people already predisposed to it; or that people with developing psychosis use cannabis to provide temporary relief of their mental discomfort. Cannabis use has increased dramatically over past few decades but declined in the last decade, whereas the rate of psychosis has not increased. This suggests that a direct causal link is unlikely for all users.[12]

• F16.5 hallucinogens (LSD and others)

The interaction between drugs and behavior is unpredictable. There are a lot of variables. Many people who use/abuse drugs (and alcohol) are self-medicating an existing psychological disorder. Other people develop psychological problems because of the drugs. This is true of illegal substances, legal substances and prescription drugs.

A good example is the use of methamphetamine substance to treat hyperactivity.

A simple cup of coffee can have a very different effect on different people and anyone who has been around drunks knows that it has a profound effect on some people's personality.

Thaddeus I will give you this, you are one tenacious little devil. The problem you face is crying to the wrong people. Many of the folks here agree with you that everything that Thailand does is wrong and that you can do it better. So, like I said, get off your hammock (your number of posts suggest that you don't get much hammock time anyway) and go tell the Royal Thai Police how you can do it better.

The interaction between drugs and behavior is unpredictable. There are a lot of variables. Many people who use/abuse drugs (and alcohol) are self-medicating an existing psychological disorder. Other people develop psychological problems because of the drugs. This is true of illegal substances, legal substances and prescription drugs.

A good example is the use of methamphetamine substance to treat hyperactivity.

A simple cup of coffee can have a very different effect on different people and anyone who has been around drunks knows that it has a profound effect on some people's personality.

For people who are psychotypal; meaning not psychotic, but having a high level of processing of external input and then background synthesis of that data into ideas and 'eureka moments' and epiphanies, the use of cannabis may be a way of slowing down this high rate of input and getting some down time.

There is a high rate of casual cannabis use in groupings of highly creative individuals. And also alcohol use or abuse, in artists, musicians, actors, writers, 'idea men' etc.

But for similar reasons the actual borderline psychotic would ALSO gravitate to cannabis use to moderate his symptoms, and if then observed clinically without the cannabis, would appear to give a correlation of cannabis causing psychosis, when in fact the cannabis use was a self medicating attempt at moderating and existing psychosis. Cart before the horse etc.

On the other hand going back well into the 30's amphetamine and meth use has always shown a direct correlation with minds gone walkabout.

If you think on the 60's alternative comics you will see no end of even the hippie comic showing meth and speed in general as a horror and death spiral.

speedkills.jpg

Edited by animatic