Big Bike Tricks....On Little Bikes

Loz

Was out on my Suzuki Best this morning after my swim and came into an underpass hairpin a little quick, hung out a bit, and as I was judging my exit line the back end was overcome and started to spin. I wound on what little power it has and continued to rear wheel steer through to a safe exit line. :ph34r:

Beaming with the realisation that such things were not only possible but also, seemingly quite controllable, I wondered what else was possible on such skinny tyres.

Have you guys got any good small bike stories?

ps. made me mindful of what someone here wrote recently about AOTG AOTT :unsure:

A great bike indeed. Obviously a little too confidence inspiring... but glad its handling gives reasonable time for response. I should probably get rid of the skinny tyres but, I just replaced them last month so guess I should have some fun on them first.

Ever been on the track with it?

Well if you wondered why they have VERY BIG rear tyres on big bikes, now you know.

Last year we changed the rear tyre on our Suzuki Smash for the biggest/widest tyre we could find. Since then we have no punctures and can carry alot of weight on the bike, not to mention road holding is much better, and traction is too. If you see bikes in Malaysia and Indonesia they also have very big rear tyres too. Thus why do the Thais insist on putting very small tyres on their bikes? I just don't understand the logic? A big rear tyre just makes so much sense it your bike is your pack horse?

A great bike indeed. Obviously a little too confidence inspiring... but glad its handling gives reasonable time for response. I should probably get rid of the skinny tyres but, I just replaced them last month so guess I should have some fun on them first.

Ever been on the track with it?

I thought that Bangkok WAS a track blink.gif