Forum upgrade in progress! ×

American Man Found with Bullet Arrested at Phuket Airport

webfact

4 hours ago, AlexRich said:

The "bullet in the luggage" scam

First thing I thought about on reading the headline; all very strange, who carries (even inadvertently) a single bullet, in their luggage.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

But as I said not a bullet why change it?

Ask the writer of the article if you're so worried about it, I'm sure Ms. Suksawat is just dying to hear your feedback.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Ask the writer of the article if you're so worried about it, I'm sure Ms. Suksawat is just dying to hear your feedback.

Are you a bullet loader by any chance ......................LOL

• Thumbs Up 2

If the guy is into hunting having a few stay bullets at the bottom of his bag would not be out of the ordinary. However coming to a foreign country and not checking that they had all been removed is not smart. I had a couple of 300 win mag I forgot in my bag. When I was in London ,my cousin that worked for BA security grabbed them and gave me a telling off. I was a little pissed off because they were 220 grain soft points I had loaded myself, hard to find in the store. That was a long time ago just when the laws were starting to stiffen , until then ammunition was not a problem in a checked bag.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, The Old Bull said:

If the guy is into hunting having a few stay bullets at the bottom of his bag would not be out of the ordinary. However coming to a foreign country and not checking that they had all been removed is not smart. I had a couple of 300 win mag I forgot in my bag. When I was in London ,my cousin that worked for BA security grabbed them and gave me a telling off. I was a little pissed off because they were 220 grain soft points I had loaded myself, hard to find in the store. That was a long time ago just when the laws were starting to stiffen , until then ammunition was not a problem in a checked bag.

my cousin that worked for BA security grabbed them and gave me a telling off.

did you need telling off? it's kind of obvious! 🙄

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, nausea said:

First thing I thought about on reading the headline; all very strange, who carries (even inadvertently) a single bullet, in their luggage.

Some even 'inadvertently' carry a gun in their luggage

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, nausea said:

So far, only an as-yet unnamed American man at Phuket airport.

Hope this helps.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, AlexRich said:

The "bullet in the luggage" scam was notorious at the airport in Manila, Philippines. The passenger is pressurised to pay a "fine" to avoid getting into trouble. 

I wonder?

They have done it twice before. A man from Ohio and Pennsylvania. Cost them a pretty penny, & they spent a couple months in the Thai clink. As I recall the man from Ohio never was allowed to actually see the bullet they found. He just got a thai smile with a 'we don't need no stinking badges bullet' look. 

The funny thing in those two cases and this case. The perp went through multiple scanners in a couple different (Taiwan & US) in one case, flying into Thailand, but it was never discovered, until they "found it" while leaving Thailand. Uh huh.

Looks like I am going to have to wrap my luggage in plastic at Swampy next fly out. & review thai legal protocols, once again. BTW This morning 45 minutes plus of breathless  coverage about a farang (swiss) miscreant kicker in Phuket. Must be heading into another xeno phase again. Better keep head down.  

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, nausea said:

Maybe the guy uses the bag for other things than just flying to Phuket and he didn't check carefully enough that it was empty before packing for his trip. 

Very easy for a single shotgun shell to be hidden in one of the internal pockets and be missed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Looks more like a shotgun cartridge than a bullet to me ................

My thoughts as well.  Where is the shotgun shell from?  The red part is plastic sand the bottom or the bass is usually brass.  What are the consequences? 

27 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

If it is his bullet/cartridge wouldn't it have his fingerprints on it🤔

After I don't know how many others may have handled it ......??