Ie 7 Beta

MistaDorn

RIght now i'm using Moilla Firefox. I installed IE 7 month ago, and I want to remove this version, I feel this IE 7 is sxxk. But I don't know how to uninstall it. the problem I've got is when I double click on it, it's said something "if you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost" anyway, I need to use my msn spaces which firefox not support. anyone help me pleaseee.

Dorn

RIght now i'm using Moilla Firefox. I installed IE 7 month ago, and I want to remove this version, I feel this IE 7 is sxxk. But I don't know how to uninstall it. the problem I've got is when I double click on it, it's said something "if you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost" anyway, I need to use my msn spaces which firefox not support. anyone help me pleaseee.

I Think you are going to open a real bad can of worms I am sure it can be done but I recall a thread on another board that said it is not easy.

REally???, Don't want to format. khee kiaj. I'm too lazy to install drivers and those macromedia software and all thing i work with a. so boring, I just want to install IE 6 is. :D

hi'

you may try to reinstall IE6(sp1) in safe mode ...

win will surely ask you if you want to replace this file by this one, mainly because you're going to overwrite with older files.

if you can do this, you'e safe!

if you can't, this is a very bad news ... but lt me check, did you go to ms site to search about this IE7 and possible problems?

did you see in the control panel/uninstall program a checkbox on the top of the main window saying "show update", may be you can "rollback", meaning unisntall this IE7 if it was considered as an update ... I doubt of this, but everything is possible with ms :o

give news ...

and you don't have a backup of a previous install clean ...

did you try the system restore? may it's too late ...

check the dates anyway, if you can find one before the install of this sh1t, just restore it in safe mode and reboot :D

francois

The Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1 item won't appear on the Add or Remove Programs list (via Control Panel) until you check the "Show Updates" box at the top. Then just scroll down to "Windows XP - Software Updates" and there it is. You can remove it, reboot, and you get back your good old IE6.

Never use a BETA on a good running system. Especially not something as intruding to the OS as IE.

And if you stil want to because you are curious, make a backup! Or use another harddisk or system.

Betas are meant to be for testing purposes and preview/feedback. I am a Microsoft beta tester and there are always some major things wrong in early betas. Even with released programs it is wise to wait for the first servicepack if it is a critical application. :o Let other people have those initial problems. Makes computing live a lot easier.

I know the warning is too late, but these warnings are always mentioned when you download/install a beta. These warnings are there for a reason.

I hope you have backups or the other posted solutions work.

Good luck.