Offshore Deposit Income

Here is the suitation. I have an offshore deposit account in the channel islands , the income from which i have been declaring on my annual tax return back home. Now that i am Living in Thailand more than the 183 days per year, technically I am a tax resident here now.I have read that if i don't bring oversea's income into Thailand on the year it was earned i don't have to pay tax ? Can somebody explain to me exactly how this works and what the implications are if any ? Do I have to let the Thai tax aurthorities know that i am now tax resident here? Do I have to make an annual return here ? How do I prove that the money i transfered into my Thai back account was not earned this year ? etc etc

Any help would be great !

thaaanks

When I left the UK a few years ago I advised them and became what is called..'Non Resident and Not Ordinary Resident', I pay UK Tax on my income generated in the UK but not on savings income from off shore.

I see no reason to get involved with the Thai Tax people. I think that the 183 days rule you are thinking about is actually 90 days in the UK. Each year I complete a UK Tax form.

So you need to be at least 'Non Resident and Not Ordinary Resident' not to pay tax on Channel Island off shore savings.

Edited by John45

1. Do I have to let the Thai tax aurthorities know that i am now tax resident here?

2. Do I have to make an annual return here ?

3.How do I prove that the money i transfered into my Thai back account was not earned this year ?

1. no

2. no

3. nobody will ask you to prove anything.