Great Tool To Change Your Dns

steveb

I wouldn't be too worried using well-known 3rd party DNS servers such as GoogleDNS or OpenDNS, but there is a security risk using an unknown DNS server.

You don't know where they redirect your traffic, you could be redirected through proxy servers that can intercept and alter your traffic, including injecting virii into your computer.

I wouldn't be too worried using well-known 3rd party DNS servers such as GoogleDNS or OpenDNS, but there is a security risk using an unknown DNS server.

You don't know where they redirect your traffic, you could be redirected through proxy servers that can intercept and alter your traffic, including injecting virii into your computer.

Seconded.

Why take an unnecessary risk?

Seconded.

Why take an unnecessary risk?

Thirded. Stick with your one of your ISPs DNS's servers as your primary DNS server and something like GoogleDNS as your secondary DNS server for backup purposes. Various DNS benchmarking programs I've used like NameBench mentioned above proved to me my ISP's (TOT) DNS servers provided the fastest access and as a secondary/backup DNS different from my ISP, GoogleDNS beat OpenDNS by a large margin. GoogleDNS has servers in southeast Asia where OpenDNS servers are back in farangland which adds 100 to 200ms delay in selecting the best DNS routing. Plus using any unknown/little known DNS service might not be the smartest thing to do for privacy/security reasons.

Edited by Pib