English Man Robbed And Assaulted

Rimmer

English Man Robbed and Assaulted

pdn-6.jpg

PATTAYA: -- An English man was assaulted, robbed and locked in his own house by an unidentified Thai teenager.

The English man was locked inside his house after a Thai thief assaulted him and fled with several stolen items (a diamond ring, 1000 Baht cash, 3 credit cards, car and house keys), the neighbour reported.

Full story and pictures HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2011-04-21

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

jackdawson

I thought your post was going to say something like:-

" Note to self. Don't get involved with dangerous young men in Pattaya"

Or something along those lines....Glad to see you,ve stopped doing that.

Looks like some relationship fracas, but its easy to jump to conclusions. Get well soon old fella.

A bit scary that the boy was not a stranger. He apparently had been to the house several times before without any unpleasant incident. Just goes to show that one can never be too careful in Pattaya. Am perplexed that he was not asked for his ID card by the security guard, why do they employ him if not to check visitors?

Even if the 'Thief' was his BF or regular Bar fine it doesn't excuse the attack. Panhandler your comments are completely out of order. Would you have a different view if it was a 19 yr old girl?

Maybe the youth was 21 but looked like a teenager We all know many Thai's look younger than they really are. If the old man gets his kicks from younger boys thats upto him as long as he himself isn't breaking any laws.

I agree with englishinsiam. So you would be ok if the guy was beaten up for being with 20 something woman. Maybe not her doing the beating but her boyfriend beating up the guy.

For me staying in good shape to be able to defend myself would be the most important thing to do. Face it Pattaya ruddy and run down old unfit drunks and dreggs that the west has to offer. The up side of this is that I now take better care of myself (diet and working out) so that I don't end up like the typical Pattaya Farang.

Would it be different if the old man was the same age as the boy? Since you seem to an expert on this subject, what is the pervert cutoff age, 1, 10, 20, 50 years of age?

It is always a good idea not to invite strangers of any age or sex into your own home. I don't know or care what your sex habits are and I don't care to make a judgement on you. Was the old man having sex with the boy.... probably? But let's face it, Pattaya is a place for people come to be young again and it's likely will happen again.... but no one is above the law - assault, battery and robbery is still a punishable offence in anybook.

Edited by Rimmer
Quote from deleted post

A bit scary that the boy was not a stranger. He apparently had been to the house several times before without any unpleasant incident. Just goes to show that one can never be too careful in Pattaya. Am perplexed that he was not asked for his ID card by the security guard, why do they employ him if not to check visitors?

Just maybe the old man had given this Thai boy/man clearance to come and go as he pleases as he is an acquaintance of his. You cannot blame it on the security guard. What do you think the old man would have done if the security guard had refused him entry (before this incident had taken place)???? It looks bad now, but everything was normal beforehand on the several visits he had reportedly made to his house so why would the guard have reason to suspect anything like this was going to happen?

Would it be different if the old man was the same age as the boy? Since you seem to an expert on this subject, what is the pervert cutoff age, 1, 10, 20, 50 years of age?

It is always a good idea not to invite strangers of any age or sex into your own home. I don't know or care what your sex habits are and I don't care to make a judgement on you. Was the old man having sex with the boy.... probably? But let's face it, Pattaya is a place for people come to be young again and it's likely will happen again.... but no one is above the law - assault, battery and robbery is still a punishable offence in anybook.

I had to laugh at your description of his likely reason for (probably) having sex with the boy "Pattaya is a place for people come (sic) to be young again". A real gem!!!

Edited by Rimmer
Quote from deleted post

I agree with englishinsiam. So you would be ok if the guy was beaten up for being with 20 something woman. Maybe not her doing the beating but her boyfriend beating up the guy.

For me staying in good shape to be able to defend myself would be the most important thing to do. Face it Pattaya ruddy and run down old unfit drunks and dreggs that the west has to offer. The up side of this is that I now take better care of myself (diet and working out) so that I don't end up like the typical Pattaya Farang.

The first LEGAL point you should nail in your head, is that would you be a RAMBO ( like me, Sir , yes ), YOU CANNOT TAKE ANY PHYSICAL ACTION AGAINST A THAI NATIONAL. Would it be to protect yourself, which you then have to PROVE.

Breaking this point of the Law, you are liable to DEPORTATION, out of the country FOREVER, just the time to pick up your golf bag, but nothing else.

I came to think it over recently to this specific point. Means, any property to your name will be confiscated , auctioned, or stolen, not less. It's not a matter of a 1000 THB bill. This is the top of the iceberg...

I got to consult with a Lawyer, to check how I could transfer ownership of my belongings, this new owner then, whoever a "juristic person" could handle my properties.

As a final point, I deeply REGRET, I could BUY anything, whatsoever, in that country, where I can so easily be parted from my possessions.

Indeed it's good you are that self confident, to pretend you could defend yourself. Your opponents may be fine tuned up. They may be a crowd. They may carry weapons.

Just want to kick the tyres with me ? I won't harm you: just to make you MODEST... And have more RESPECT to people, would they be out of shape at age 73. I bet FOREIGNERS, whoever, should better STICK together, as for the Thais, yes, they do stick together, at any level, to crush your head...

For 2 Russian girls who were shot dead on Jomtien Beach, the murderer, all smile, was out after a couple of months...

I bet you don't see CLEAR about the situation. There is a problem of security to start with. There is an organized national scam to foreigners on top of that...

To frenchcaptainbob, what total rubbish, Quote>YOU CANNOT TAKE ANY PHYSICAL ACTION AGAINST A THAI NATIONAL<Quote There is no law saying you can't defend yourself. I was attacked in Bangkok by 3 teens and beat 2 of them before they ran away, I then beat the other and got the police involved, they locked him up and praised me for catching him. HE was taken to court for assault NOT ME. Now please stop talking rubbish. Thankyou

The first LEGAL point you should nail in your head, is that would you be a RAMBO ( like me, Sir , yes ), YOU CANNOT TAKE ANY PHYSICAL ACTION AGAINST A THAI NATIONAL. Would it be to protect yourself, which you then have to PROVE.

Breaking this point of the Law, you are liable to DEPORTATION, out of the country FOREVER, just the time to pick up your golf bag, but nothing else.

I came to think it over recently to this specific point. Means, any property to your name will be confiscated , auctioned, or stolen, not less. It's not a matter of a 1000 THB bill. This is the top of the iceberg...

I got to consult with a Lawyer, to check how I could transfer ownership of my belongings, this new owner then, whoever a "juristic person" could handle my properties.

As a final point, I deeply REGRET, I could BUY anything, whatsoever, in that country, where I can so easily be parted from my possessions.

Indeed it's good you are that self confident, to pretend you could defend yourself. Your opponents may be fine tuned up. They may be a crowd. They may carry weapons.

Just want to kick the tyres with me ? I won't harm you: just to make you MODEST... And have more RESPECT to people, would they be out of shape at age 73. I bet FOREIGNERS, whoever, should better STICK together, as for the Thais, yes, they do stick together, at any level, to crush your head...

For 2 Russian girls who were shot dead on Jomtien Beach, the murderer, all smile, was out after a couple of months...

I bet you don't see CLEAR about the situation. There is a problem of security to start with. There is an organized national scam to foreigners on top of that...

CHONBURI – A 26-year-old Thai man has been sentenced to death for the premeditated murder earlier this year of two female Russian tourists, on the beach at the seaside resort of Pattaya southeast of Bangkok.

The Chonburi Provincial Court on Monday handed down its verdict, convicting Anuchit Lamlert on six counts of murder in the deaths of Tatiana Tsimfer, age 30, and Liubov Svirkova, 25, who were killed at Pattaya's Jomtien Beach, about 160 kilometres southeast of Bangkok, in the early morning hours of February 24.

According to a statement issued by the Criminal Court in Pattaya, a municipality in this province, Mr. Anuchit confessed to the shooting deaths of the two women in an case of attempted robbery.

Executions in Thailand are carried out by lethal injection, but Mr. Anuchit's case must first be reviewed by automatic appeal to a higher court in Bangkok, the Thai capital.

In death the two women joined a continuing roll of tourist casualties which has led to increased vigilance on the part of police and tourism agencies in Thailand's popular holiday resorts. (TNA)

Where do you find that he was released please?

I rather disagree, although it depends on the exact circumstances. Most of what you say is true, but you can shift the odds in your favour. I have discussed this issue with the local police as several times I have had threats of violence, but only threats, (I'm 75 but very fit and quite "tasty" if you understand Brit slang). The police advice, get the attacker inside your home, or at least across the threshhold, then the law is on your side.

Another important factor is know your neighbours, I asked what if the attacker has friends who claim I started it, the police reply was you are well known, liked and respected in your area, we would believe you before any low life. If it was a group attack it could only be a group from outside my village, in which case a larger group of villagers would rapidly form.

Put simply, your greatest safety is to be a good villager and friends with the police. Your greatest time of danger is outside the village.

Maybe so....but if it turns out the the gentleman concerned was "keeping company" with young boys who are under the age of consent, (article implies the boy concerned is teenage) should not the gentleman concerned be charged as well and if so proven be jailed ??...just a thought

Maybe so....but if it turns out the the gentleman concerned was "keeping company" with young boys who are under the age of consent, (article implies the boy concerned is teenage) should not the gentleman concerned be charged as well and if so proven be jailed ??...just a thought

Yes if the unidentified teenager is under the age of consent and it can be proven in court, by all means he should be jailed. As well the assailant if he is the same for assault and burglary. Jumping many barrels to come to this conclusion though as i know many elderly who have younger help for cleaning and running errands and i doubt if this fellow is a humping machine. All the same i did have a customer have the same thing happen and the cops did nothing. Refused to file a report until they were paid. Amazing Boobs (00)!whistling.gif

18, 19 -- teenage.

This case is bad enough. Don't be dissing this victim of a violent assault with charges you can't back up.

Next ...

Agree JT.

Not a nice scene. Jumping to conclusions is ridiculous.

Get well soon old fella and I hope you get yer possesions back.

Bad luck for this fella and nobody deserves to get robbed and beaten like this...but can't help feeling sorry for any 73 year-old who has the urge for "teenage" companionship. If he could only get his feelings sorted, and maybe find a relationship with someone closer to his own age, this might not have happened.

Also a reminder to everyone that there is a reason Thais (and smart foreigners) use short-time hotels.

To frenchcaptainbob, what total rubbish, Quote>YOU CANNOT TAKE ANY PHYSICAL ACTION AGAINST A THAI NATIONAL<Quote There is no law saying you can't defend yourself. I was attacked in Bangkok by 3 teens and beat 2 of them before they ran away, I then beat the other and got the police involved, they locked him up and praised me for catching him. HE was taken to court for assault NOT ME. Now please stop talking rubbish. Thankyou

Well, he is obviously not aware of the fact that his comments were unrealistic, thus he should be advised to increase and update his knowledge on any subjects prior to entering a debate, because he most probably had no desire to print rubbish.

Bad luck for this fella and nobody deserves to get robbed and beaten like this...but can't help feeling sorry for any 73 year-old who has the urge for "teenage" companionship. If he could only get his feelings sorted, and maybe find a relationship with someone closer to his own age, this might not have happened.

Also a reminder to everyone that there is a reason Thais (and smart foreigners) use short-time hotels.

Huh!?!

19 goes into 73 a heck of a lot smoother than 73 goes into 73. Bloody moralists. Obviously age of consent laws must be respected but this is Pattaya, my dear, not 1950's church lady dominated Kansas City. Now of course a dear old aging gay couple is charming for sure, but if that hasn't worked out that way, how typical would it be for a 73 year old man, gay or straight, to prefer a sex interest their own age, if they had free choice in the matter? Let's face reality here.

Edited by Jingthing

Huh!?!

19 goes into 73 a heck of a lot smoother than 73 goes into 73. Bloody moralists. Obviously age of consent laws must be respected but this is Pattaya, my dear, not 1950's church lady dominated Kansas City. Now of course a dear old aging gay couple is charming for sure, but if that hasn't worked out that way, how typical would it be for a 73 year old man, gay or straight, to prefer a sex interest their own age, if they had free choice in the matter? Let's face reality here.

:thumbsup:

:clap2:

Bringing some reality to the real world. Thanks JT.

Sorry old bloke who got worked over, but you would know how life works and is at your station in life.

I have sympathy but have a great deal more for a load of people in a far worse situation than yours.

It's Pattaya. It's expected and people don't need any reason to beat up on Farang. Mate was in walking street on Songkran and some little Thai guy wanted to squirt him. He asked not to - the Thai guy did anyway then proceeded to kick him. Immediately there were the security guys come over and kick the shit out of my mate. About 8 of them - gutless little pricks! And of course, no recourse to my mate. Pathetic Pattaya.

Huh!?!

I made no distinction between a same-sex or opposite-sex couple and there was no moral judgment regarding the age of the parties involved in this incident. My opinion was that purely from a practicable standpoint, the risk of such an assault would be quite a bit reduced (but of course not eliminated) if there was not such a wide-gulf (ok an ocean) in the ages of the people involved in this incident. I'm sure you would admit (ok maybe you wouldn't) that any "teenager" involved in a relationship with a 73 year old, well, there would likely be quite of bit of self-loathing about the affair on their part (and probably their life overall) and they might be prone to strike-out like what happened here on the slightest problem, provocation or problem with the relationship.

PS: And by the way, I ate at China Garden tonite and let's just say, to be nice, I won't be going back :bah: :bah: :bah:

Edited by FarangBuddha

You're using the word teenager as red herring. Shame on you. Nobody knows the actual age of the perp or if he is underage, or perhaps a young looking 30 year old, or even if there was a sexual relationship. If the perp is caught and he does turn out to be underage and there was sex, of course both the violent Thai and the old Englishman should BOTH be put up on charges. But we know only of the one crime for now, the Thai violent one.

Edited by Jingthing