English Man Robbed And Assaulted

Rimmer

Sorry, but I would rather disembowel myself with a rusty butter knife or a KFC spork, than sleep with someone old enough to be my great grandfather. Such terrible poverty these poor kids live in that they have to turn to a life of selling their body just to make ends meet. No wonder they get crazy and violent, which leads to these brutal attacks. Moral judgements aside (I am atheist and very pro-LGBTQ), there is a very dark and terrible undercurrent which drives the sex trade, it is definitely not anything like Pretty Woman. These poor kids get abused from a very early age, force-fed drugs, and no chance at a real education or opportunity. By 'supporting' them, one is only increasing the demand, which will increase the supply. Human trafficking and slavery is very real and very present in modern society, and the sex trade is the biggest force behind it.

Edited by RaoulDuke

You're using the word teenager as red herring. Shame on you. Nobody knows the actual age of the perp or if he is underage, or perhaps a young looking 30 year old, or even if there was a sexual relationship. If the perp is caught and he does turn out to be underage and there was sex, of course both the violent Thai and the old Englishman should BOTH be put up on charges. But we know only of the one crime for now, the Thai violent one.

I am only using the term because that what was used in the original news report...but we don't know the age of the perp. I didn't make any reference to the person being "underage" or over-age because we don't know the age...please don't read more into posts than is actually there ;) However, my original opinion still stands...even someone 25 in a relationship (commercial or non-commercial) would likely have psychological/self-image issues if involved with a 73 year-old and when there is a problem the younger person is often prone to strike back in a violent way.

Edited by FarangBuddha

19 goes into 73 a heck of a lot smoother than 73 goes into 73. Bloody moralists. Obviously age of consent laws must be respected but this is Pattaya, my dear, not 1950's church lady dominated Kansas City.

Exactly the guy is clearly not a moralist judging by the lifestyle he leads, so if you dance with the devil dont be surprised when you get burnt!

Not moralizing, eh? Dancing with the devil? Please.

We both accept Pattaya isnt like 1950s Kansas, where in the former debauchery and violence are rife.

But the guy clearly doesnt have what is deemed by Thai society as acceptable morals such as paying for young rent boys, if you live that lifestyle in Pattaya which is a pretty lawless town then getting a good going over from some impoverished kids is most certainly a risk you are taking.

If he sponsored young kids to go to school instead of sponsoring them for his personal pleasure he wouldnt get into such situations, hence the "Dance with the devil" line.

Edited by markone1

A bit scary that the boy was not a stranger. He apparently had been to the house several times before without any unpleasant incident. Just goes to show that one can never be too careful in Pattaya. Am perplexed that he was not asked for his ID card by the security guard, why do they employ him if not to check visitors?

well if you think about it, if they have the ID card it will be some village in Issan or somewhere remote, what can the police do. if it is not a chon buri address its useless.

for what its worth, i personally think it matters little as to the reasons why he was there or what they were doing or why they were doing it

that's not for me to judge, but where i can judge is this:

i think its wrong for a teenager to beat up an old man

regardless of motivation, reason or justification, its just wrong, wrong ,wrong.........

• 1 month later...

One post removed from view, if there are issues with a PM from another member that person should contact a moderator who will take the necessary action.