Dragon Fruit

Lingba

Yellow? All the dragon fruit I've seen are red with white flesh and lots of little black seeds.

Sure you don't mean star fruit?

No No..not star fruit...there is a yellow dragon variety...it's very sweet..I've never seen it here..they have it in America...but was wondering if by chance someone would have it

I have some, compare to the purple & white flesh varieties; it'a pain.

The fruit is supposed to be very sweet, but the seeds are larger and the fruit is about the size of a healthy egg.

I planted them two years ago, very slow going and very delicate. Not enough to share yet.

Best regards.

I have some, compare to the purple & white flesh varieties; it'a pain.

The fruit is supposed to be very sweet, but the seeds are larger and the fruit is about the size of a healthy egg.

I planted them two years ago, very slow going and very delicate. Not enough to share yet.

Best regards.

Any chance of getting some seeds or starters from you?...or at least talk to you more about it?

Ask all the questions you want; why do you want to grow them any way?

If you are patient; sooner or later I will have a cutting for you.

What do you have to trade for it ?

Best

I can wait till you have something ready...To trade?...not sure what you would be interested in and if I have it...or I can just pay you an agreeable fee....I'm surprised they came out as small as you said...where are you growing them and what kind of food are you feeding them...My wife has a farm she started in Khon Kaen...red and white...won't get a first crop till next year...but I know yellow is scarce here and thought it would be a good idea to try and get some started and see how it goes.

Ask all the questions you want; why do you want to grow them any way?

If you are patient; sooner or later I will have a cutting for you.

What do you have to trade for it ?

Best

I can wait till you have something ready...To trade?...not sure what you would be interested in and if I have it...or I can just pay you an agreeable fee....I'm surprised they came out as small as you said...where are you growing them and what kind of food are you feeding them...My wife has a farm she started in Khon Kaen...red and white...won't get a first crop till next year...but I know yellow is scarce here and thought it would be a good idea to try and get some started and see how it goes.

It goes like this, I like to collect unusual plants/fruit for my garden; I thought you might have something I don't....

Mine came from here : http://www.tropicalfruitnursery.com/dragon/pages/yellow.htm

With a phytosanitary certificate, you can import your very own.

Picture from the web, not my own.

Good luck

post-14625-0-36936900-1303640496_thumb.j

Edited by soidog2

It's best to hand carry them if you or someone you know is traveling to the States.

You have to ask the vendor ( there are many more ) for the Phytosanitary certificate.

It is expensive and time sensitive; you must be really determined.

If you do get it; entry in Thailand will be trouble free.

It's best to hand carry them if you or someone you know is traveling to the States.

You have to ask the vendor ( there are many more ) for the Phytosanitary certificate.

Thanks for the info and I'll also ask you to please keep me in mind should you ever have some seeds or starters available...I'd appreciate it...For some reason I'm having problems receiving notifications of messages that I receive here...so if you want ..my email is [email protected]

thanks again

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the info and I'll also ask you to please keep me in mind should you ever have some seeds or starters available...I'd appreciate it...For some reason I'm having problems receiving notifications of messages that I receive here...so if you want ..my email is [email protected]

thanks again

I may be way to late but for what it's worth,I found seeds for the red flesh variety on ebay (uk) and ordered them and they arrived 3 days later.Then found the yellow ones on ebay from a different supplier and expect them any day.It turns out that the 2nd supplier is the husband of the 1st and they are posted from Buri Ram so no problems with customs.I hope this has been of some help for you.

post-140056-0-65387700-1345627740_thumb.Click on image to enlarge.

Edited by Ron19

more up to date thread:

http://www.thaivisa....e-of-the-plant/

Thanks for that but I was concerned whether or not " Lingba " had got what he was looking for and noticed that he had not posted in the other thread.

He may not even be on TV any more.Also I noticed that he gave you an email address in the old thread.Do you think it would be out of order if I contacted him at that address as I also have the postal address of the supplier in Buri Ram ?

thanks again

I may be way to late but for what it's worth,I found seeds for the red flesh variety on ebay (uk) and ordered them and they arrived 3 days later.Then found the yellow ones on ebay from a different supplier and expect them any day.It turns out that the 2nd supplier is the husband of the 1st and they are posted from Buri Ram so no problems with customs.I hope this has been of some help for you.

I dont understand why you are growing the Dragon fruit from seed,you are putting at least 2 years more before you start getting fruit.

The Dragon fruit are VERY durable and hardy,all you do is take a cutting say 1 metre from the Dragon fruit tree and just plant it in the ground

supported by a concrete colum,it certainly wont die and it will save you a couple of years to bear fruit.

I have at least 12 in my garden and i took all the cutting from this mother tree i bought first so far this year we have had about 100kilo

of the red flesh fruit,the best part of the Dragon fruit is seeing the flower burst out and of course eating the tasty fruit.

If you want to try a couple of cutting PM me and i will send you for the cost of the EMS and a bottle of beer

thanks again

I dont understand why you are growing the Dragon fruit from seed,you are putting at least 2 years more before you start getting fruit.

The Dragon fruit are VERY durable and hardy,all you do is take a cutting say 1 metre from the Dragon fruit tree and just plant it in the ground

supported by a concrete colum,it certainly wont die and it will save you a couple of years to bear fruit.

I have at least 12 in my garden and i took all the cutting from this mother tree i bought first so far this year we have had about 100kilo

of the red flesh fruit,the best part of the Dragon fruit is seeing the flower burst out and of course eating the tasty fruit.

If you want to try a couple of cutting PM me and i will send you for the cost of the EMS and a bottle of beer

Thanks for the offer and I may take you up on that.I have access to cuttings of the red skin with red flesh and also the red skin with white flesh but the one with yellow skin just can't be found in my area and no one seems to have even seen it.The seeds for the red fleshed one are just to see for curiosity sake to see if it is possible to grow them .successfully from seed.I always like to try different methods for most things.

They do readily grow from seeds, it's fun to watch them grow.

This yellow ones are more like prickly pears than dragon fruit, very tasty but quite small.

There are large yellow hybrids out there if you really want them.

Best

PS, I see no harm in Emailing the OP, I am also in Buriram, can you PM the address ?

post-14625-0-59987500-1345709848_thumb.j

Edited by soidog2

They do readily grow from seeds, it's fun to watch them grow.

This yellow ones are more like prickly pears than dragon fruit, very tasty but quite small.

There are large yellow hybrids out there if you really want them.

Best

PS, I see no harm in Emailing the OP, I am also in Buriram, can you PM the address ?

Yes sure can,Just give me a couple of minutes. Edited by Ron19

• 4 weeks later...

more up to date thread:

http://www.thaivisa....e-of-the-plant/

Thanks for that but I was concerned whether or not " Lingba " had got what he was looking for and noticed that he had not posted in the other thread.

He may not even be on TV any more.Also I noticed that he gave you an email address in the old thread.Do you think it would be out of order if I contacted him at that address as I also have the postal address of the supplier in Buri Ram ?

Hi all

Sorry to suddenly jump in but i am interested in growing the yellow dragon fruit too,

any chance of a contact of a supplier here in thailand, cuttings preferably

Thank you in advance

• 6 months later...

This is a prototype frame I made to grow dragon fruit ( แก้วมังกร gâew mang-gon ) utilizing a bracket that I designed for the purpose.This bracket fits neatly over the common concrete fence posts found in thailand.There are differing sizes ( even with ones that are supposed to be the same size ) so anyone trying this system would have to be aware of that.

Click to enlarge

post-140056-0-60557400-1365657506_thumb.

post-140056-0-53359800-1365658179_thumb.

post-140056-0-15771900-1365658218_thumb.

This system works very well and I am now in the process of making the frames ( much bigger at 2 metres by 2 metres ) to be put on 4 posts that are presently in the ground on another property of ours and with the cuttings coming along well alongside them.

post-140056-0-40952300-1365658882.jpgpost-140056-0-40952300-1365658882.jpg

The 1st three photo's are growing the red fleshed variety and the set-up being used may not be the ideal set-up for that variety which I believe prefer a trellis.The

other one is growing the white fleshed variety which is more suited to that set-up.

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 1