Dog Friendly Hotels Or Apartments

vistana

Does anyone know of hotels that are dog friendly? we have a small dog who travels with us and we are looking for a reasonably cheap hotel or apartment to rent.

We have seen several apartments on line for about 3,000 to 4,000 baht per month but not sure what they are actually like in terms of facilities etc.

Any suggestions and advice would be most welcome.

Thanks

Vistana

Vistana, you get what you pay for.... if you are talking about in Bangkok.. you will get a small box , with a small window or maybe a very small balcony, shower will be a plastic drum with a tap at the top so as you can fill it with water to throw over yourself, and to flush away your toilet...no hot water, not that you will need it.. no AC, but maybe a noisy fan...but , your dog will love it same as a luxury condo....And I hope he/she is a guard dog and does not look too tasty.....What do you expect for $100.00 per month + you will need 2 months deposit and a month up front... none of your neighbours will speek Eengleesh,,,, Bangkok is a very modern City and prices do reflect.... in reality , for a reasonable condo and in a reasonably accessable area, you are looking at 10,000 bahts per month with the same downpayments.. Better find a dog-friendly Hotel... And I believe it is illegal to keep a dog in a condo in Bangkok... But..!! this is Bangkok..

Hi Bakseedaa, we actually have a house in Hua Hin which is our main residence but we often have to spend several nights in Bkk, maybe up to 10 nights per month sometimes so we thought it might be better to rent an apartment than pay a hotel.

I dd not know you could not keep a dog in an apartment, anyone else got experiance of this?

If anyone knows of dog friendly hotels as per my OP please let us know.

As for the apartments up to 10,000 baht a month would be ok as well.

Look forward to any suggestions on hotels and apartments.

Regards

Vistana

Hi Bakseedaa, we actually have a house in Hua Hin which is our main residence but we often have to spend several nights in Bkk, maybe up to 10 nights per month sometimes so we thought it might be better to rent an apartment than pay a hotel.

I dd not know you could not keep a dog in an apartment, anyone else got experiance of this?

Regards

Vistana

How big/small is your dog Vistana, I also have a place in Hua Hin Soi 102 ( just took it on) Maybe we can help each other here.. I also have a condo in Bangkok at Sathorn...Soi Naradhiwas 14.. Do you use a car..? and is the dog quiet..?

• 1 month later...

Regards

Vistana

How big/small is your dog Vistana, I also have a place in Hua Hin Soi 102 ( just took it on) Maybe we can help each other here.. I also have a condo in Bangkok at Sathorn...Soi Naradhiwas 14.. Do you use a car..? and is the dog quiet..?

Hi Bakseeda,

sorry for the late reply to your last post, our place in HH is just off the Samorprong road near to soi 10. Our dog is a three month old Shih tzu and she is quiet, we want to go to bangkok on a regular basis as my wife plays table tennis and the best clubs are up in Bkk, before we bought the dog we were ok staying in cheap hotels for a couple of nights but now its virtually impossibe, we are looking for a resort in Bkk or just outside but to date no luck. We do drive and have our own car.... but before we bought the dog we went up to Bkk on the mini van.

Hope your settling in to your new place in HH ok.

Regards

Vistana