Whats Your Bigest Fear Of Moving To.........

daveb1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The roads and pavements.

The noise.

The crap quality of tradesman.

The satellite TV that goes of when a cloud comes over head.

The lack of good book shops.

The inability to ride either a pedal bike or a motor bike in safety.

Lack of sports facility’s.

The expensive new and used cars.

Think seriously before you move out here.

The roads and pavements.

The noise.

The crap quality of tradesman.

The satellite TV that goes of when a cloud comes over head.

The lack of good book shops.

The inability to ride either a pedal bike or a motor bike in safety.

Lack of sports facility’s.

The expensive new and used cars.

Think seriously before you move out here.

What..??

My god... it's a wonder why some people live in LOS.. :o

totster :D

Does the OP seriously expect a serious answer to his question?

If so, don't ask the question, look at previous posts here and on other Thailand web boards.

My bet would be the greatest fear foreigners living in Thailand have is a) Having to go home and b.) loosing their home/money/investments in a rip-off (witness the lengths people go to in order to avoid their Thai sweet hearts getting control of houses/money/investments).

Edited by GuestHouse

Actually,my biggest fear is staying in Thailand too long and getting stuck here and not doing anything else with my life. I find it very easy to become lazy here and even though I have been given job offers in other parts of the world, I always stay here because its so easy. So my biggest fear is still being here in 10 years time :o:D

Of becoming an alchoholic like most of you guys! I'm kiddin'.... :D

It does bother me about the automobiles, their price over there. I lived in

Japan a number of years and could get a pimped-out Toyota Cressida with

2 years JCI for 2K(USD)! Nice velour seats, the whole shmear!

Why don't we pull together, rent a barge, go to Japan and lasso us some

cars, pickups to haul back, so us farangs can have some rides on the

cheap? And my pals in SG pay a king's ransom for their rides..... :o

BTW, I haven't moved over yet, just thinking out loud...

Bill

So if your planing to move out to Thailand or you allready live in the LOS Whats your biggest fear?

====================================================

Good question.

In Thailand you know getting with females, and or males is so dam easy that I in Bangkok walking along a soi once, turned around and walked back to my hotel deciding to head home to the USA. Yeap right then and there I decided in frustration to leave Thailand for good.

No challenge at that moment was boring me.

I walked into the lobby and saw someone new sitting there in the lounge, and soon forgot about that crazy notion. Had a great and hot evening.

As I now think about your question, the only fear ( better word would be concern) is that I like drastic changes of seasons.

I like hot weather, but I also love it cold, and snowy.

I probably will have to leave Thailand every so often (more then I really want) to enjoy, and experience the different changes of climate and weather that I enjoy............ DJM

Actually,my biggest fear is staying in Thailand too long and getting stuck here and not doing anything else with my life.  I find it very easy to become lazy here and even though I have been given job offers in other parts of the world, I always stay here because its so easy.  So my biggest fear is still being here in 10 years time  :o  :D

This is my goal, not my fear

cheer8hi.gifcheer8hi.gifcheer8hi.gifcheer8hi.gifcheer8hi.gifcheer8hi.gifcheer8hi.gif

Actually,my biggest fear is staying in Thailand too long and getting stuck here and not doing anything else with my life.  I find it very easy to become lazy here and even though I have been given job offers in other parts of the world, I always stay here because its so easy.  So my biggest fear is still being here in 10 years time  :D  :D

This is my goal, not my fear

cheer8hi.gifcheer8hi.gifcheer8hi.gifcheer8hi.gifcheer8hi.gifcheer8hi.gifcheer8hi.gif

Love this comment, person after my own heart! Humm, didn't see the nifty cheerleader

emoticon in my selections... :o You must've opted for the upgrade package to the

forum! :D

Bill

ps Nice sig, too!

That the humidity will get to me.

Pollution.

Town/city aesthetics.

Traffic.

Cant find a place suitable for my cat.

Face.

Thai Logic.

That the above is to such an extent I have to look elsewhere in the world to live.

Edited by ArtfulD

So if your planing to move out to Thailand or you allready live in the LOS Whats your biggest fear?

Visa or money problems?

personal safety?

money and income?

or something else.................................?

The country running out of pretty faces..... :o

My only fear is having to leave. I went back to Australia this weekend for the first time since I arrived a year ago, and it reconfirmed to me how happy I am here now, compared to living in Sydney.

I literally felt sad as the plane left Bkk, and happy as the return plane left Sydney airport.

It made me realise something: I simply do not want to live in the west again and I'm doing everything I can do to work myself into a position where I can live here comfortably and peacefully for the rest of my life.

Actually,my biggest fear is staying in Thailand too long and getting stuck here and not doing anything else with my life.  I find it very easy to become lazy here and even though I have been given job offers in other parts of the world, I always stay here because its so easy.  So my biggest fear is still being here in 10 years time  :o  :D

Similar feelings here... I fear getting stuck here, or being forced to leave while my wife is stuck here (if something goes wonky with world affairs).

Most of all, I fear this happening if/when we've had children. I fear my children growing up more Thai than western and being disadvantaged in the global economy.

(This is not a slam against Thailand, but me trying to be realistic about the state of the world. I want my kids to be free to do whatever they want. I want them to live life with hopes exceeding my own.)

Thanks for all your replys so far! Interesting that most of our fears seem to be much the same.

It would be great if the Thai goverment made it a lot easier for farangs to live in Thailand re Visa's and house purchase.

If we are bringing money into Thailand you would think they would welcome that after all like most people all we want is a better life...............oh well one day! :o