Want To Purchase Good Quality Electric Shaver

Zodiac

I am looking to buy a good quality electric shaver.

Can anyone please recommend a good store or shop that sells electric shavers in Pattaya. Also what is a good make or model? I want one which is long lasting. If in the future replacement parts are required, for example a foil or cutter etc, I want easy access to getting such replacement parts.

Thank you in advance for any input.

Edited by Zodiac

"I am looking to buy a good quality electric shaver."

I agree that Central Festival is best in Pattaya -- Top floor, I think, but wherever most of the other small appliances are located.

I like the Panasonic brand -- have had several over the years. The one I use now was from Central and was around 1900 Baht - not the top of the line, but still working fine after 5 years. Panasonic models are wet or dry - you can use them in the shower.

Consumer Reports on Panasonic:

http://www.consumerr...ex-ES8109S.html

1002504_A02.jpg

Edited by SurfRider

I found it easiest to order online from USA and have it shipped over. Costs were much the same ass buying here without having to actually go out searching for what I wanted from the limited range available over here. The best ones in my opinion are Braun, Panasonic, Remington though I do find they don't last so long here as it's so humid everywhere.

With regards to brand it depends a lot on what type of electric shaver your skin is used to. I am surprised nobody mentioned Philips which i believe is the worlds biggest selling brand but all their electric shavers have rotary heads - wheras Braun is mainly or all foil.

If you change from foil to rotary or vice versa it can take some weeks for your skin to adjust to the different cutting action. If you mainly wet shave then neither here nor there.

Like Tatsujin I found that the pricing in Asia was exhorbitant compared to the west so I had one shipped recently from the UK by my brother - having told him make and model to buy on a sale price. You can also get a lot more information from say UK etail sites on the features and benefits of different models.

I find Braun the best brand for an electric shaver... But my needs a new "foil" cover on it...

While we are talking about shaving... I find the Gillete Mach III and "such razor blades awful expensive as they are in North America. I wonder if the quality is the same, I don't find the razor blades lasting as long as back home. Could the "Asian" production of these razors be of a different quality because Asian males tend to have less facial hair and softer skin?

I find Braun the best brand for an electric shaver... But my needs a new "foil" cover on it...

While we are talking about shaving... I find the Gillete Mach III and "such razor blades awful expensive as they are in North America. I wonder if the quality is the same, I don't find the razor blades lasting as long as back home. Could the "Asian" production of these razors be of a different quality because Asian males tend to have less facial hair and softer skin?

Always found any brand of electric shavers in hot climates a waste of time,always a wet shave was the best.

An old fashioned razor with single blades,(they last a few days are dirt cheap and readily available)

Watsons do a 5 blade type with 2 replacement cartridges at 299 B.but are useless

Knowing how to shave too ,good brush with a tube of proper shave lotion, lather for a minute or so then into it 2 or 3 xs

Edited by dandare11

I had a mate bring me a Remington foil shaver from Argos in the UK, a real workhorse and a good close shave, best thing is the price. only 35 quid and they last for ever if you don't drop them, as I did my last one

The trick for longevity in this climate is buy a mains shaver I find anything that's rechargeable doesn't last very long here :(

I've got a Panasonic wet/dry with 3 rotary heads which I think is great but I dont use it much. And about those Mach 3 blades, mine only give me about 3 decent shaves but the older sensor blades seem to last me a lot longer. Major rip off !!

Edited by DMC1