Visa Service In Front Of Thai Embassy In Vientiane

Thanks, Like I said he seems like a good guy, I am going to give him try and hopefully all is good. Once complete I will do a write up on the process and recommendations to others. I want others to know ways around the Thai Immigration procedures, I believe they are not regular "Thai open heart, open mind" type of people working in Immigration, they like MONEY ONLY. <br>

I think there is no point to use visa service now mate. I know the guy, yeah he is very nice, but the only thing that he will gonna do is to fill your paperwork and take your money. Right now embassy at Vientiane is not busy as before and they are giving any kinds of visas.

Understood, He told me his fee is only 1000 Baht,which is cheap enough and gives me time to do some sight seeing, not waiting at the embassy even if their is not many people. Thats just the way I look at it, just wanted to know if the guy is trustworthy or not because I have several people that will be needing the same thing done soon and I can direct them to him or guide them in the right direction if it becomes busy in the near future do to clashes in the border of Cambodia.

Edited by MatthewGray

I think there is no point to use visa service now mate. I know the guy, yeah he is very nice, but the only thing that he will gonna do is to fill your paperwork and take your money. Right now embassy at Vientiane is not busy as before and they are giving any kinds of visas.

Are you saying Vientiane have stopped the clampdown (ie not issuing a third back to back multi-entry visa) which started in January?

Can anybody else confirm this?

From what I gather, they are issuing all visa's currently with proper documentation, withyour case im not sure because when we landed in Vientiane, two chinese people in front of me were denied Visa on arrival because they had too many back to back and from what I could see it was more than 5 or 6. So you may want to consult with a Visa pro in Bangkok or Pattaya or wherever you are located. I do know they are issueing a DOUBLE ENTRY Visa, no problem, Cost of about 2000 baht but it depends on your situation, a double entry will be good for a total of 6 months with proper extensions in place.

Edited by MatthewGray

"Anyone used the Visa Service in front of the Thai Embassy in Vientiane Lao?"

"I want others to know ways around the Thai Immigration procedures, I believe they are not regular "Thai open heart, open mind" type of people working in Immigration, they like MONEY ONLY."

I think you're confused about two separate agencies. The consulate and immigration are not the same.

I'm not confused at all,the two are totally different and I am well aware of that. I previously held a Thai passport because I was born and living in Thailand for 10 years but I moved back to the states I had to give up my Thai passport and use a US passport due to the US dosnt allow you to hold two passports(Legally). My point is the following, you can not go to Thai Immigration in Bangkok and get anything done, I don't care what anyone tells you, farang or not, they are useless when you need help to stay in Thailand and you want a Visa. Every officer tells you a different story. Also it does not matter if you speak Thai, English whatever, they don't care. My father in law was a Immigration Police officer for 47 years and he will tell you that they are all about money. Before in 2005 a farang could stay in Thailand if you had a wife a house etc, Now they want money, that's the bottom line. My major point is that, you sould be able to walk into Immigration in Bangkok, show proper documents, Marriage license,deed to your house,Income from home country, Thai ID or DL and be able to stay in Thailand for as long as you want, Not need to show large sums of money, travel to bordering counties etc. BUT the reason all of this has happened because farang coming to Thailand and stealing and selling,using drugs and having no money. I am mostly pinpointing NIGERIAN PEOPLE,MIDDLE EASTERN PEOPLE, these people cause the most problems worldwide. I believe if you can not speak Thai, you sould not be able to stay in THAILAND, bottom line. Each person sould have to take a test to qualify for a Visa to stay more than 30 days.<br>

I don't agree with Matthew's suggestion that everyone should take a test to stay here more than 30 days. I wonder if he had to take a test to stay the US for 10 years.

Anyway I think more people want to know if the Thai consulate in Vientiane are still counting the number of Visas already n passports or has this stopped since they are no longer free?

"...I had to give up my Thai passport and use a US passport due to the US dosnt allow you to hold two passports(Legally)."

The US wants it's citizens to use their US Passport when entering or exiting the US, but they don't have a problem with dual nationals with two (or more) passports.

Did you actually renounce your Thai citizenship, or just stop using the Thai Passport? It sounds like you could save yourself some anguish by getting a new Thai Passport. It might be worth it to you to look into it.

I've been here for quite a while and haven't had experiences like you imply you've had. Hope things turn around for you.

I'm not confused at all,the two are totally different and I am well aware of that. I previously held a Thai passport because I was born and living in Thailand for 10 years but I moved back to the states I had to give up my Thai passport and use a US passport due to the US dosnt allow you to hold two passports(Legally). My point is the following, you can not go to Thai Immigration in Bangkok and get anything done, I don't care what anyone tells you, farang or not, they are useless when you need help to stay in Thailand and you want a Visa. Every officer tells you a different story. Also it does not matter if you speak Thai, English whatever, they don't care. My father in law was a Immigration Police officer for 47 years and he will tell you that they are all about money. Before in 2005 a farang could stay in Thailand if you had a wife a house etc, Now they want money, that's the bottom line. My major point is that, you sould be able to walk into Immigration in Bangkok, show proper documents, Marriage license,deed to your house,Income from home country, Thai ID or DL and be able to stay in Thailand for as long as you want, Not need to show large sums of money, travel to bordering counties etc. BUT the reason all of this has happened because farang coming to Thailand and stealing and selling,using drugs and having no money. I am mostly pinpointing NIGERIAN PEOPLE,MIDDLE EASTERN PEOPLE, these people cause the most problems worldwide. I believe if you can not speak Thai, you sould not be able to stay in THAILAND, bottom line. Each person sould have to take a test to qualify for a Visa to stay more than 30 days.<br>

Wow, what croc ... never read such tripe in all my years

I stopped using Thai passport, it expired and being I live and own a business in the US, the Thai Embassy in the Us would not issue me a new one because I no longer had ties with Thailand,and I do not need anything to turn around, I have lived in Thailand on a Non Imm B visa prior to expiring and moving back to the states. I am just saying that Thailand has change from 10 years ago and I believe it is for the worst.

<br><i> "...I had to give up my Thai passport and use a US passport due to the US dosnt allow you to hold two passports(Legally)."</i><br><br>The US wants it's citizens to use their US Passport when entering or exiting the US, but they don't have a problem with dual nationals with two (or more) passports.  <br><br>Did you actually renounce your Thai citizenship, or just stop using the Thai Passport?  It sounds like you could save yourself some anguish by getting a new Thai Passport.  It might be worth it to you to look into it.<br><br>I've been here for quite a while and haven't had experiences like you imply you've had.  Hope things turn around for you.<br>
<br><br><br>

I stopped using Thai passport, it expired and being I live and own a business in the US, the Thai Embassy in the Us would not issue me a new one because I no longer had ties with Thailand,and I do not need anything to turn around, I have lived in Thailand on a Non Imm B visa prior to expiring and moving back to the states. I am just saying that Thailand has change from 10 years ago and I believe it is for the worst.

<br><i> "...I had to give up my Thai passport and use a US passport due to the US dosnt allow you to hold two passports(Legally)."</i><br><br>The US wants it's citizens to use their US Passport when entering or exiting the US, but they don't have a problem with dual nationals with two (or more) passports.  <br><br>Did you actually renounce your Thai citizenship, or just stop using the Thai Passport?  It sounds like you could save yourself some anguish by getting a new Thai Passport.  It might be worth it to you to look into it.<br><br>I've been here for quite a while and haven't had experiences like you imply you've had.  Hope things turn around for you.<br>
<br><br><br>

You changed what you said, you said the USA would not allow you to hold two passports (which is incorrect) then you said Thailand would not issue you a new passport when your Thai passport expired, so this was not the USA but Thailand that refused you. You need to get your story straight. As for getting a Thai passport it might be a good idea for you since you are saying how bad thai immigration is and all they want is your money. As long as you have not renounced your Thai citizenship all you need to do is get your Thai birth certificate showing you are a Thai citizen and you can get a new Thai passport in Bangkok.

As for Thai immigration, dont know why you say they only want money. I have been living in Thailand for over 12 years and never had an issue getting a visa or work permit and never had to pay any fees other than the standard fee.

if someone applies for USA citizenship then the US State Dept require you give up your prior citizenship. After getting USA citizenship and passport then it's possible to get a passport from another country as long as that country allow's dual citizenship which is fairly common.

So a Thai passport holder could apply to the US for citizenship.. The US would require they renounce and forfeit their Thai citizenship. Then in the future if the Thai govt allows it that US Citizen could apply and receive a Thai passport and citizenship and as I understand it the Thai govt would allow the applicant to keep their US citizenship status.

Any chance we can get back to the thread? Freakin ADD convention in here.

Has anyone any recent experience getting dual TV's in Laos?

There are a number of different visa agents near the consulate. I have the phone numbers for the guy who has the tent and service in front of the Filipino popular hotel a little down the street. He has Thai and Lao phone contact numbers. PM if you want the numbers.. I just ask you give me some feedback on what you learn.

I need to go in 3 months and have one double TV in my passport.

Very interested to hear about the latest policies.