New Music Recommendations

Neeranam

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I downloaded the Scissor Sisters filthy and gorgeous - excellent! My daughter loves it too! Looking forward to downloading the  other songs by this artist(never heard them before) and the other suggested downloads.

:o

Same here Neeranam... I've downloaded 8 tracks already and every one has been absolutely great!

Thanks to whoever it was that told us all about Scissor Sisters.

:D

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2005-10-05 16:52:07)

I downloaded the Scissor Sisters filthy and gorgeous - excellent! My daughter loves it too! Looking forward to downloading the  other songs by this artist(never heard them before) and the other suggested downloads.

Same here Neeranam... I've downloaded 8 tracks already and every one has been absolutely great!

Thanks to whoever it was that told us all about Scissor Sisters.

I wish I could download faster - I've now heard 'take your mama out' - great!

FTH - good to see you matey!!

<deleted>? William Shatner AKA Capt Kirk? :o

Hi Brit, good to be back in the saddle!

Yes, Captain James T. Kirk. 'Has Been'

It's an awesome album, Ben folds - of Ben folds five - is basically the collaberator but the album also features Henry Rollins, Aimee Mann, Lemon Jelly and Brad Paisley. Joe Jackson's backing vocals on Pulp's common people is something to behold (stunning like a punch in the face with a Jeane Claude Van Damme fist coated in broken glass)

Yikes!

If we are not just talking about new-ish bands....

The Doves

Spiritualized

Belle and Sebastian

The Prodigy

Chemical Brothers

Ash

Swervedriver

Therapy?

PJ Harvey

Fugazi

Sonic Youth

Janes Addiction

Mudhoney

The Flaming Lips

The Jesus and Marychain

Supergrass

The Charlatans

Slint

Ed Harcourt

Graham Coxon...

More to come...

Great thread. I basically live in a 1969/1976 music bubble, this thread is introducing me to some music that I have heard but didn't have any idea who they were and others that I have not heard at all. Limewire has been chunking away for the last two days. I really like the JETS. Great band.

For a more quiet mood try Tracy Chapman's new album "Where you Live" Available at all Limewire stores...

Great thread. I basically live in a 1969/1976 music bubble, this thread is introducing me to some music that I have heard but didn't have any idea who they were and others that I have not heard at all. Limewire has been chunking away for the last two days. I really like the JETS. Great band.

For a more quiet mood try Tracy Chapman's new album "Where you Live" Available at all Limewire stores...

I saw a music video a while ago. It had a cartoon dog (Pit Bull) running through the streets with a guy chasing following it. Great track, but I have no idea who it is. Any ideas?

Listening to Coldplay now, which I like now. Remind me of a New Zealand band about 15 years ago, can't remember their name though.

William Shattner is being downloaded now. Reminded me of one of my favs. 'Where's captain kirk' by Spizzenergi.

Other bands to look out for...

Veruca Salt (what a name!)

All American Rejects

Taking Back Sunday

Tenacious D

Stereolab

Stiff Little Fingers

Saint Etienne

Placebo

Idlewild

Hoobastank

The Dandy Warhols

The Breeders

Apologies for any repetition from previous posts!!

I saw a music video a while ago. It had a cartoon dog (Pit Bull) running through the streets with a guy chasing following it. Great track, but I have no idea who it is. Any ideas?

"Hit that" Offspring

Veruca Salt (what a name!)

All American Rejects

Taking Back Sunday

Tenacious D

Stereolab

Stiff Little Fingers

Saint Etienne

Placebo

Idlewild

Hoobastank

The Dandy Warhols

The Breeders

Well I love SLF and the Dandy Warhols, so I'll check out your recommendations, thanks.

"Hit that" Offspring

That's the one thanks

dada - anything by this amazing LA band is great

Los Lobos - another great LA band, these guys are definitely East LA

Ryan Adams and the Cardinals

someone mentioned the Dandy Warhols, the new one is another great effort reminiscent of Wilco's Yankee Foxtrot Hotel (or whatever the name of the cd is)

Jack's Mannequin is also new and really good. If you are familiar with Something Corporate, it's the lead singer's project.

Some good suggestions on this thread already.I limewired the Scissor sisters cover of comfortably numb which was very funny(and catchy).

I've recently downloaded some Pearl Django.Very nice.If you like gypsy jazz this is wonderful- sounds so much better than the old Django Reinhardt versions because of modern production techniques.A good start would be their cracking version of I'm confessin.If you enjoy that the whole album Avalon is worth downloading.

Dave Alvin.All material from albums Blackjack David and Ashgrove.A good start would be tracks like Abiline,Rio Grande,King of California,4th of july.Alvins' baritone vocals, excellent guitar playing and soulful tunes make him a firm favourite.