New Music Recommendations

Neeranam

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have no fear!  I just started working on a new album called "Ex-Patriot".  I already got students singing the hook for "Isaan Girl".  It will be something all us farangers can relate to.  I'm not joking.

Can we make our own minds up when we hear it? Or must we be compelled to just accept what you say as truth, as your badly formatted signature would wish?

:o

Embers of a Klown.

Triple J Radio from Australia has some pretty good current alternative music.

:D

for a weekly list - the net50

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/net50/latest.htm

a yearly list - hottest 100

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/hottest100/history/2004.htm

inspires my gnutella sessions :o:D

Thanks for the links stumonster... if TT&T is working at my place tonight, so will be Limewire... :D

Have no fear!  I just started working on a new album called "Ex-Patriot".  I already got students singing the hook for "Isaan Girl".  It will be something all us farangers can relate to.  I'm not joking.

Can we make our own minds up when we hear it? Or must we be compelled to just accept what you say as truth, as your badly formatted signature would wish?

:o

Embers of a Klown.

I would link a preview to you all, but the mods keep deleting those posts saying I'm promoting.

• 4 months later...
I just downloaded some music from a band called Snow Patrol, who I've never heard of - I recommend them.

They were getting a bit of air play here in the states awhile back. Only heard the one song, but it was good. Reminded me of Coldplay. I wonder, Coldplay and Snow Patrol, are the trying to tell us something? :o

I just downloaded some music from a band called Snow Patrol, who I've never heard of - I recommend them.

They were getting a bit of air play here in the states awhile back. Only heard the one song, but it was good. Reminded me of Coldplay. I wonder, Coldplay and Snow Patrol, are the trying to tell us something? :o

Snow Patrol are fairly big in the UK. I think they consist of a couple of Northern Irishman and a couple of Scots, but dont know for sure.

not really my cup of tea tbh. predictive and bland.........just like Coldplay!! :D

just my opinion of course. :D

new bands ive liked the sound of that spring to mind are:

editors

arctic monkeys

kooks (ive only heard one track but sounded ok)

Edited by game4shame

Coldplay are not my cup of tea either - thanks for the recmmendations, I'm checking them out. I have to find new music every now and then.

Neeranam & Jockstar,

another band you might be interested in is 'Driveblind'. They're from Aberdeen and are signed to a major American label.

big things are expected very soon. :o

Edited by game4shame

• 1 year later...

Coldplay are not my cup of tea either - thanks for the recmmendations, I'm checking them out. I have to find new music every now and then.

Neeranam & Jockstar,

another band you might be interested in is 'Driveblind'. They're from Aberdeen and are signed to a major American label.

big things are expected very soon. :o

They are good - whoever would have thought.

I don't know if anyone has already mentoned it but if you want the latest in music then the only station is BBC 6 music. Cutting edge and no adverts.t doesn't come any better than that.

Mark Riley (ex The Fall) is on from 1pm Thai time.

If you want soul/funk check out Craig Charles on saturday at 12 noon thai time.

Great bands to catch

Sigur Ros

Herman Dune

Micah P Hinson

Alabama 3 (theme tune from the Sopranos and they are from Brixton)

Larrikin Love

As Mr Johnson once said, "When a man is tired of discovering new music he is tired of life"