Are You Going To Watch The Royal Wedding/Do You Care?

Jingthing

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

just so happens i got the day of from work.

I got 2 choices

1. stay at home and watch the royal wedding

2.Go down town for a all day drinking session with the boys chillin,relaxing and watching some very nice eye candy go by.

Desiscions Desiscions

No! Emphatically not! I would rather be naked in Siam Square, dis-embowelling myself publically with rusty barbed wire, than have any part of this simpering, snivelling, self-indulgent "it's like a fairy-tale come true innit?" stuff. I cannot understand the fascination of the many too many for the all the intricate details of all this nonsense. Fifteen minutes at the Amphur's office was enough for my bride and I, then it was back to open the shop.

And no, I don't feel that I've been slighted by not being personally invited - I'm sure it was something to do with the Thai postal service. Anyway, it saved me from having to buy the wife a new frock.

I suppose it depends on how seriously you take your marriage...

It must be a joy for the dear old queen, and the boys seem relatively sensible.

Did her own eldest serve his time in the family firm (before my time). Personally, I would rather have a monarch who had served the crown, or failing that, served at her majesty's pleasure.

I am sure, like all the brits here, I am delighted for her majesty and her descendents, but watching it on television...steady on, mate, its not the cup final!

SC

and luckily it doesn't clash, or I'm sure half the family members would be absent

I've known Rich and his wife for many many years, trust me, he takes his marriage very seriously.

With regards to the subject at hand, I wish them all the best, but I do not feel obliged in any way to watch it.

(and you're right about the cup final)

Am I gonna watch? No.

I'm not a big fan of reality TV, but of all the crap that's on offer, the RW is well down the list. I'd rather watch "Jon & Kate" than "Will & Kate"

Do I care? Of course not. When it comes to weddings, I only care about weddings I'm invited to because it means a special night amongst friends and/or family. I don't harbour any ill-will to them personally -though I don't have a lot of respect for monarchies- but these people are complete strangers to me. What's to care about?

PS- Upon further thought, I conclude I do enjoy the weddings of strangers when I'm invited as a date because it's a night of free food, free booze, and a guarantee to get some at the end of the night.

I'll probably watch it I mean they're not doing anybody any harm,are they ?

And anyway what else is there to watch on local TV these days.

I can't believe they'll be showing the Royal Wedding on Thai TV, but not the Challenge Cup Final

SC

From the colours of your flag, you could be in the Gulf, in which case you will be blessed with the latter, when the time comes, and I am envious...

I whish you were right about this. They are showing it on all channels. :bah:

I thought i would be safe. I went on a visa run to Cambodia and there was no way i could see the wedding there. We dropped the kids off at grannys house and spent the day in the car and at the border. When we got back to pick up the kids i could not believe my eyes, at granny's house was my wife's Burmese family glued to the box watching the wedding :blink: I think they were quite shocked that i didn't want to sit with them.

well i am not a royalist by any means of the imagination and remember in my youth playing the Smiths " the queen is dead " on full volume as a sign of rebellion. but i have to to say and maybe its just me getting older or maybe the fact that the poor lad has had his fair share already, what with his mother dying at such and early age and who would have wanted to have been in his shoes that fateful day when he and his brother had to bury their mother while the world watched on. that today i actually thought good luck to the fella. plus the fact that after returning to the U.K. it was nice to actually celebrate something English/ British for a change and stick two fingers up to the rest of the world that happen to be camping out on our doorstep and taking the piss. so there !

also nice to see the royal Thai princess in attendance. what a credit she is to not only her father, but also to her country in how she goes about her duties and everything else she does.

on one sour note though, <deleted> ! anyone or even David bother to tell that dense bitch of a wife of his that it was actually a wedding they were attending and not a <deleted> funeral. <deleted> she wore a bloody black dress and hat to the second in line heir to the throwns wedding.

Edited by tigerfish

well i am not a royalist by any means of the imagination and remember in my youth playing the Smiths " the queen is dead " on full volume as a sign of rebellion. but i have to to say and maybe its just me getting older or maybe the fact that the poor lad has had his fair share already, what with his mother dying at such and early age and who would have wanted to have been in his shoes that fateful day when he and his brother had to bury their mother while the world watched on. that today i actually thought good luck to the fella. plus the fact that after returning to the U.K. it was nice to actually celebrate something English/ British for a change and stick two fingers up to the rest of the world that happen to be camping out on our doorstep and taking the piss. so there !

also nice to see the royal Thai princess in attendance. what a credit she is to not only her father, but also to her country in how she goes about her duties and everything else she does.

on one sour note though, <deleted> ! anyone or even David bother to tell that dense bitch of a wife of his that it was actually a wedding they were attending and not a <deleted> funeral. <deleted> she wore a bloody black dress and hat to the second in line heir to the throwns wedding.

:D Its fashion darling....

OK I admit I watched some of it....a right sucker I am for a bit of 'Jerusalem'.....:blink:

OK I admit I watched some of it....a right sucker I am for a bit of 'Jerusalem'.....:blink:

in that case then, why didnt prince Philip the duke of Edinburgh wear a Kilt then ?

i know, i know ! no need to tell me, because his formal dress on state occasions is to wear dress uniform which happens to be admiral of the fleet or something along those lines.

still can just imagine it though, cant you ?

Lizzie and Philip getting ready on the morning of the wedding.

why don't you wear that nice little wrap around thing the Scots gave you Philip ?

and his reply

are you bloody mad woman ? do i look like a raving poof ? besides its <deleted> freezing outside !

tongue.gif

Edited by tigerfish

in that case then, why didnt prince Philip the duke of Edinburgh wear a Kilt then ?

i know, i know ! no need to tell me, because his formal dress on state occasions is to wear dress uniform which happens to be admiral of the fleet or something along those lines.

why don't you wear that nice little wrap around thing the Scots gave you Philip ?

and his reply

are you bloody mad woman ? do i look like a raving poof ? besides its <deleted> freezing outside !

tongue.gif

Yhought he looked quite dapper old boy. Should make him immigration minister. Sort the buggers out eh! :lol:

and his reply

tongue.gif

Yhought he looked quite dapper old boy. Should make him immigration minister. Sort the buggers out eh! :lol:

He is Greek, after all.

As far as I could tell, he was posting on another thread about having his wife's picture on every piece of paper in his wallet.

I caught the re-run from the pub last night.

I thought they all looked well, though I fear the groom might be wanting to keep his hat on, to keep the toupee merchants at bay.

Unfortunately, I had to endure the simpering commentary as well; I was torn between becoming a republican, and asking the bar staff to mute it; but then I'd have had to endure the conversation of the tables near me, so I became a de-pub-lican, and went home half-sober.

SC

Go on, you miserable old gits!!

Admit you enjoyed it!!!

You must be referring to the other poseurs with that comment but let me say I rather enjoyed the pageantry if not the cloying for an OBE or some such from certain media types.

Go on, you miserable old gits!!

Admit you enjoyed it!!!

I went to the pub to get the internet, and they had a repeat on TLC showing, but they had the sound turned on, and the commentary I found really distressing.

And there was a loud and irritating local chap holding forth at the next table, and I couldn't get the internet wifi working, so I drank the two pints I had left on my slate and left.

I did think that the groom looked better when he had his hat on. Maybe I should get a hat.

SC