Where Did You Meet Your Wife Or Gf

MrsMills

We met the usual way. Threesome.

She was the youngest, and most enthusiastic of the pair. Not to mention cheaper.

We get along great. She enjoys, drinking and shooting pool, and she didn't bat an eye when I told her about the hepatitis.

Just lucky I guess.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all my friends I only know of 1 who met his wife in a bar. Therefore, I believe the correct number is about 6%.

Try talking to someone other than a retired curmudgeon on a bar stool.

Like none of us have jobs here. Please. Most people I know met their Thai wives through work.

Agreed. I don't know anyone who met their wife in a bar or whose wife is a former prostitute.

You should get out a little more.....:rolleyes:

It's not about getting out more or less. It's the company that you keep. If you hang out with low-class barflies then of course they will only be exposed to prostitutes and not professional people.

[

It's not about getting out more or less. It's the company that you keep. If you hang out with low-class barflies then of course they will only be exposed to prostitutes and not professional people.

What class do you class yourself as?

I met my missus, the morning after waking up after a massive party in Vegas. She was literally my missus, as we had decided to get married after 40 Mojitos, by an Elvis impersonator. Upon sobering up we decided that there must have been some reason we decided to get married on a whim, so we tried it out to see how it went and we eventually moved to Bangkok and opened a BMW dealership.

cannot forget either where or when . . . first met at a surflifesaving competition; we still have matching commemorative event t-shirts issued to competitors on the day. That alone may have people throwing up.

I was seeing someone else at the time, didn't see each other again for some weeks - met once more through mutual friends, and for a while it was daytime/weekend meetings only - kayaking, cycling, the common sporting interests made things a lot easier when meeting each other's friends too.

And still we gym, swim, cycle together.

Suddenly I feel nauseous too.

i can't remember

i just opened my wallet and she was there.........

I think you'll find the lady in the picture is the dear old Queen, and not your wife.

Unless we have just accidentally broken Prince Phillip's anonymity...

SC

i can't remember

I think you'll find the lady in the picture is the dear old Queen, and not your wife.

SC

i think you are misinterpreting the punchline of this joke

''she was there'' in this instance means the wife turned up when i opened my wallet meaning she was attracted to the money in the wallet meaning............oh never mind!

Met my (former) English wife in a bar

Met my (current) Thai wife in a bar

Everyone (white men) I know who met their Thai wife in Thailand, met them in a bar, nearly all lie about where they met, but the girls always discuss their bar backgrounds with each other and I understand what they say (but never let on). Those that didn't meet the Thai wife in a bar, met her before or after work in the bar.

So what, I'm over 50 and hardly a virgin either (about twice a week before Thailand).

I always expect a pretty girl to have been shagged every night from age 15 upwards (same for guys).

Ugly ones only got it once a week (a lot less for guys).

(That gives you 300-100 shaggings a year from age 15, so by age 30 ....... 3000-1000 times)

So if we relate my theory

to the UK where I was doing 50yos ...... 35 years of previous usage.

and to Thailand where I am doing 30yos ..... 15 years of previous usage.

Far less mileage on the newer models!

Does it matter if it was the same guy?

(Before the mods ban me, let me just state for the record, I don't know every white man in Thailand, so am not talking about every Thai woman or even every Thai woman married to a white guy)

been on the juice have we ?

:D :D

I met my wife in Soi Cowboy. It was her first night (she's 21 so i believe her) there and she was only serving drinks - too scared to talk to anyone, but I convinced her to come back with me short time, I knew then that she loved me.

Now we live in Sisaket with her older brother who's 24 and her two younger sisters who are 2 and 3. We've been together for a year. I understand Thai culture, so know that my role is to support her and her family and accept that her family will always come first. Because I understand Thai culture, I'm fine that she doesn't sleep in the same bed as me, but sleeps with her older brother. Some foreigners just don't understand the Thai way, but I'm fine with it.

Actually, I met her at work.

:cheesy:

I bet you did....she had a position under you

I'd like to go to a ThaiVisa get together, members must bring wives of GF's, that would be enlightening.

I went to one of these at Christmas, only about 3 Thai ladies there, and I think they were doing the catering, also a handful of older white wives.

Why did you get married after 3 weeks? :unsure:

It was business, I advertised for a wife (slim, mid 30s, attractive, no children under 10).

3 were interviewed, 1 was rejected after a huge tattoo was revealed, 1 was rejected after failing the bedroom test, 3rd time lucky.

1 week to see if we could get on, 1 week for contract negotiations, 1 week for an auspicious date.

Worked out surprisingly well too, better than any of my previous choices.

I'm starting to think arranged marriage is a good idea, no letting silly emotions get in the way.

You specify what you want, they specify what they want, no surprises.

Now if anyone wants a respectable wife

I have 2 available, both about 28, both university grads with good jobs, no previous husbands or kids, looking for guys who want children.

One speaks a little English, one only speaks Thai. They aren't worried about the guys age, but expect their life enhanced.

Not bad looking either.

What a load of BS.

i can't remember

SC

''she was there'' in this instance means the wife turned up when i opened my wallet meaning she was attracted to the money in the wallet meaning............oh never mind!

Hah - that's your interpretation...

Or are you backtracking now, Phillip?

All the best for tomorrow, by the way, your boy's done well for himself. Did he have to get married?

SC

I think you need to switch careers and start working in an office

HaHaHa,

Now that is funny, OK Greg, you have a office job for me ?

Minimum salary, 600,000 THB , 20,000 US no tax Dollars per month, you match that and I'll work in an office.

And marrying bar girls no doubt....It's a matter of priorities.

How about 40,000 - 60,000 baht per month and a guarantee you'll have many opportunities to meet many girls who have never worked in the industry?

umm ..... no.

We met the usual way. Threesome.

She was the youngest, and most enthusiastic of the pair. Not to mention cheaper.

We get along great. She enjoys, drinking and shooting pool, and she didn't bat an eye when I told her about the hepatitis.

Just lucky I guess.

i try to dislike you, but i find it difficult.

i can't remember

SC

Hah - that's your interpretation...

Or are you backtracking now, Phillip?

All the best for tomorrow, by the way, your boy's done well for himself. Did he have to get married?

SC

man you are weird.........

To all you poor bastards who truly believe the only way to meet a lady here in Thailand is to pick one up from a gogo bar; seriously.... put down that cheap Chang beer, put on a shirt and decent pants and step out into that other world for a change. You know, that world where people have jobs in offices, teaching, running businesses, exercise in gyms, etc. Expand your horizon, hang out with different folk for a change.

If you do not conform.........if you think for yourselves.....if you marry a bargirl.........you will be exterminated.......exterminated........exterminated

It was business, I advertised for a wife (slim, mid 30s, attractive, no children under 10).

3 were interviewed, 1 was rejected after a huge tattoo was revealed, 1 was rejected after failing the bedroom test, 3rd time lucky.

1 week to see if we could get on, 1 week for contract negotiations, 1 week for an auspicious date.

Worked out surprisingly well too, better than any of my previous choices.

I'm starting to think arranged marriage is a good idea, no letting silly emotions get in the way.

You specify what you want, they specify what they want, no surprises.

Now if anyone wants a respectable wife

I have 2 available, both about 28, both university grads with good jobs, no previous husbands or kids, looking for guys who want children.

One speaks a little English, one only speaks Thai. They aren't worried about the guys age, but expect their life enhanced.

Not bad looking either.

What a load of BS.

Easy there sparky. Pontification and moralizing expired around page 2.

Try and keep up.

This thread has been the best one the best in ages.

I bet our Dear OP's nose is royally out of joint by now.

I met my wife in Soi Cowboy. It was her first night (she's 21 so i believe her) there and she was only serving drinks - too scared to talk to anyone, but I convinced her to come back with me short time, I knew then that she loved me.

Now we live in Sisaket with her older brother who's 24 and her two younger sisters who are 2 and 3. We've been together for a year. I understand Thai culture, so know that my role is to support her and her family and accept that her family will always come first. Because I understand Thai culture, I'm fine that she doesn't sleep in the same bed as me, but sleeps with her older brother. Some foreigners just don't understand the Thai way, but I'm fine with it.

Actually, I met her at work.

Yep, I think you are one of the few, naboo, who has clearly seen the light and fully understands Thai culture. :clap2:

I had rather a heated argument with another Farang over a few beers who suggested that ALL Farangs met their wives or Gf's in Bars, no exceptions !

I would disagree with this and suggested that it's only 99%.

What say you good people ?

I had rather a heated argument with another Farang over a few beers who suggested that ALL Farangs met their wives or Gf's in Bars, no exceptions !

I would disagree with this and suggested that it's only 99%.

What say you good people ?

No self respecting thai girls or women works in a or any bars. They all have decent jobs like cashier, waitress, teachers, etc.

Incidently, i have 3 workers who just happen to earn extra incomes in bars after their work hours as salesgirl.

Isn't it Thaivisa knowledge that not one member here is married or with a bargirl ? , but they are all cashiers, farm helpers and CEO's of respectable Thai Companies.

I think you are VERY wrong - most are multi-lingual, from a wealthy Thai-Chinese family, educated overseas and with an MBA. :ph34r:

same same.