Ground Chicken And/Or Beef Bones

Stax

Does anyone know where I can buy ground chicken bones or beef bones on the Island? Or perhaps a place where they would grind it up for me if I brought them the meat.

I have been searching for nearly a year now, asking the staff at butchers shops, checked at chicken farms, etc., and I'm still stuck at square one...

What you need it for, voodoo rituals against the evil tuktuk drivers?

Sorry, not my business anyway. Would it be OK for you to grind the bones yourself, not so much physical strength is needed? Bones should be procurable easily enough from meat vendors at a fresh market.

What you need it for, voodoo rituals against the evil tuktuk drivers?

Sorry, not my business anyway. Would it be OK for you to grind the bones yourself, not so much physical strength is needed? Bones should be procurable easily enough from meat vendors at a fresh market.

If it can help keep the tuktuk drivers in line, why not!;)

I need the ground bones and meat for my dogs, i feed them a raw diet but dont like giving them the full bones to chew on (due to choking hazards ofc..)

I bought a manual grinder a while back to try with some small chicken bones, but when you add the fact that im a woman of small build (a lot of physical strength is needed!) + i need to grind 7 or 8 kg of meaty bones every 2 weeks which takes me 2 to 3 hours to get the job done... gets exhausting after a while.

I'm not giving up though, I'm sure such a place must exist on the island!:jap:

I need the ground bones and meat for my dogs, i feed them a raw diet but dont like giving them the full bones to chew on (due to choking hazards ofc..)

I bought a manual grinder a while back to try with some small chicken bones, but when you add the fact that im a woman of small build (a lot of physical strength is needed!) + i need to grind 7 or 8 kg of meaty bones every 2 weeks which takes me 2 to 3 hours to get the job done... gets exhausting after a while.

Full bones are of many benefits for dogs,large and small [as long as uncooked] Raw bones will not splinter and will provide nutrients as well as a good jaw workout for dogs and helps clean teeth as well.

My dogs also enjoyed hours and hours of grinding down on old bones, sometimes for weeks on end[just a bleached looking lump in the end] and would not let you throw away.

Dogs , as you know have been around for millenia and they didn't have cooked or pulped bones to eat prior to humans influences.

All my dogs over the past 40 odd years have eaten raw bones as a major part of their diet, and never ever have i seen one choke. [The only bone i do religiously remove is the small needle like one found on chicken legs] Small possibility of it piercing internals on the way through, but ive seen dogs eating all types and even old fish skeletons without problems.

Obviously their genetic predisposition allows this.

Enjoy your dogs, and remember 'they are indeed mans /ladies best friend...but dont feed them as though they are indeed human.

Full bones are of many benefits for dogs,large and small [as long as uncooked] Raw bones will not splinter and will provide nutrients as well as a good jaw workout for dogs and helps clean teeth as well.

My dogs also enjoyed hours and hours of grinding down on old bones, sometimes for weeks on end[just a bleached looking lump in the end] and would not let you throw away.

Dogs , as you know have been around for millenia and they didn't have cooked or pulped bones to eat prior to humans influences.

All my dogs over the past 40 odd years have eaten raw bones as a major part of their diet, and never ever have i seen one choke. [The only bone i do religiously remove is the small needle like one found on chicken legs] Small possibility of it piercing internals on the way through, but ive seen dogs eating all types and even old fish skeletons without problems.

Obviously their genetic predisposition allows this.

Enjoy your dogs, and remember 'they are indeed mans /ladies best friend...but dont feed them as though they are indeed human.

agreed

raw chicken bones are soft and no problem for any healthy dog. cooked ones can be.

Got my first Thai born dog 7 years ago, and was trying to avoid dog to eat cooked chicken bones. Proved impossible in rural areas, as everyone simply trhows the bones on the ground when eating. Most dogs in LOS eat cooked chicken bones daily. Not had any problems caused by cooked chicken bones during 7 years as owner of rottweilers here

pork, lamb, beef, fish, cooked no problem

Makro would probably grind anything you buy there

Thanks guys for your replies.

This is for them to eat uncooked. I have 2 small sized jack russells, the problem when i give them the full chicken bones is that they try to gobble it down in 3 bites, chewing as little as possible causing it to very slowly travel through their throats (its concerning to watch, they stand there and have to take a moment to catch their breath...) No problem with the bigger beef or lamb bones though.

I've asked the guys at macro if they could grind them up for me... never had a 'yes' on their part, so i continue my search..

Thanks guys for your replies.

This is for them to eat uncooked. I have 2 small sized jack russells, the problem when i give them the full chicken bones is that they try to gobble it down in 3 bites, chewing as little as possible causing it to very slowly travel through their throats (its concerning to watch, they stand there and have to take a moment to catch their breath...) No problem with the bigger beef or lamb bones though.

I've asked the guys at macro if they could grind them up for me... never had a 'yes' on their part, so i continue my search..

You are worrying too much about your dogs eating behaviours Stax..relax, they do near everything instinctually,its hard wired in their brains from way back to gobble their food.In history when dogs were wolves, it started,obviously there were no humans to feed them at ?c'clock every day and they had to fill up in case no more food was found for a day or two.

So dogs gobble down their food still in present times, in case there is no food comming later and also i have found that when you have more than one dog at feeding time, the instinct to eat as much as possible before the other dogs eat the food kicks in more so.This is the survival instinct. Separate them at feeding time is easy.

Dogs will often go through what looks like choking in their rush to take on as much food as possible but they have the ability to regurgitate this food if it really is too big.....No harm at all, maybe unpleasant for you to observe,but totally harmless to the dogs.Once inside the bones break down quite quickly and release the nutrients.In all my years of owning dogs i have never, ever seen, even small pieces of bone pass in the droppings of dog.

I have always fed a mixed diet of raw meat/bones, fish,with a little amount of dog biscuits, sometimes some veges etc leftovers from our meal, a bit of everything but in moderation i guess is OK. I have had 4 different dogs live to 16 /17 years and others that my kids now have that are well into their teens, and have never had to take a dog to a vet, so i figure i got the diet pretty well right.

It is also advisable to deep freeze poultry and pork meat/bones first,if you feed raw, to kill off any possible bacterias etc.

Some cooked meat is probably OK, but a lot of nutition is lost in cooking process and if its food that was cooked for human consumption, most likely contains salt etc which is not good for the dogs.

I also owned Jack russells and they are a fun, robust and hardy breed ,so please relax and just enjoy them..let them be, they are very smart.

Give them some pig trotters and or big beef bones[bigger than their own heads even], and they will chew and grind for hours and self entertain as well as nourish.

If you dont want big old bones left around and attract flies, or the dogs to dig up your garden to bury them, just remove and trash them when the dogs are bored already.

Enjoy your dogs Stax. :thumbsup:

Edited by brieno1955