Original Documentation For Spouse Visa To The Uk

Hello All

Just wanted to clarify the Original Documention needed to hand in with the Spouse Visa, as I'm a little worried about getting these papers lost in transit, and didn't want to hand in papers which were not necessary. With the Bank & Credit Card Details should the account number, sort code etc be blanked out with a black marker.

From myself.

Bank Statements

Credit Card Statement

Marriage Certificate

From my Wife.

Passport

TB Test Paper

English Language test results

Every other document is OK to be a printed copy.

If I have missed anything, please put me right.

Alan :blink:

i have also included a utility bill, letter from my employer, (or maybe pay slips), copy of title register (from landregistry.gov.uk). i have not blanked out the account number etc. but it is acceptable if you wish to.

See Guide to supporting documents - Settlement.

Also, How to apply says

Step 4 - Prepare your documents

Original documents & photocopies

You must provide original documents with a photocopy of each original document you are submitting (including your passport photograph page). In particular, you should include original documents relating to birth, marriage, divorce and death. If you are not able to include originals of these then you should send certified copies. Failure to submit original documents or certified copies may mean your application is delayed or refused. Your original documents might not be returned to you if you do not provide photocopies.

They are reluctant to accept photocopies, especially of financial evidence, as these can easily be altered.

Do not hide the account number etc. I believe that they do sometimes check with the bank, especially if only copies have been submitted.

• 2 weeks later...

See Guide to supporting documents - Settlement.

Also, How to apply says

Step 4 - Prepare your documents

Original documents & photocopies

You must provide original documents with a photocopy of each original document you are submitting (including your passport photograph page). In particular, you should include original documents relating to birth, marriage, divorce and death. If you are not able to include originals of these then you should send certified copies. Failure to submit original documents or certified copies may mean your application is delayed or refused. Your original documents might not be returned to you if you do not provide photocopies.

They are reluctant to accept photocopies, especially of financial evidence, as these can easily be altered.

Do not hide the account number etc. I believe that they do sometimes check with the bank, especially if only copies have been submitted.

Thank you 7by7 & kunash, will be given all originals as its better to be safe then sorry, and plus I have nothing to hide, and if it helps my love to get her Spouse Visa to the UK, I'm in. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Alan