Any Rock Climbers Out There?

stevehaigh

its years since i've done any rock climbing and would like to get back into it, in phuket if i can find anything worth climbing, or more realistically, taking a trip to krabi

is there anyone else out there that is interested in partnering up? maybe taking a one or 2 day trip to krabi or finding something local with a top rope?

i was climbing at 5.9 level in my hey-day but i haven't climbed in years so i'd be looking to get back into some easy stuff, 5.6-5.7 ish

i have ropes, 2 harnesses, biners, quick draws and all the stuff necessary for sport climbing already

steve

Edited by stevehaigh

I would love to say I would be up for it, always loved the idea of climbing. Even though I've always been very sporty, and quite good at most sports (even if I do say so myself :whistling:) for some reason I've always had the upper body strength of an eight year old :( This isn't very condusive to climbing unfortunately.

I never hear to much about climbing around here. You should just jump on the ferry and get yourself over to Reiley. Isn't it a bit like diving over there, you just turn up and join a group, and off you go. It would be a shame not to do any, just cos you couldn't find anybody to go with. good luck anyway.

Teacher Pok at Darasamuth school is a climber. He has climbed and lost a friend on the Snow Creek wall near my hometown of Leavenworth Washington. He lost a friend who rappelled off the end of his rope there. My father and I used to have to pack their bodies out on mules about twice a year. He probably knows where to go around here.I also liked some splat sports when I was younger...