Osama Bin Laden dead - USA has his body

george

the picture of him dead (only one )

is such a bad fake an 11 year old can open it in photoshop and see its been doctored.

It has been mentioned over and over again that the American government has released no photos. That would be from the Internet wacko contingent.

mindhat.gif

great picture laugh.gif where can I buy one?

so where does THAT picture come from? and why no pictures.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be, when they feel it is best to release them. ;)

when they've done a better job on photoshop?laugh.gif

how could even one person believe that after 10 years and hundreds of thousands of attributed deaths (directly and indirectly) that he was dumped into the sea immediately for any other reason than it cant be proven or questioned again.

well yes, the sheeple herders are doing a fine job i supposewhistling.gif

There have been several posts to the effect that OBL WAS in fact killed at Tora Bora in 2001 or that the US Intelligence community knew where OBL was all along but spared him so that the various war efforts might be continued...

That would mean that President George W. Bush deliberately passed up the opportunity to stroll to the White House podium and appear before the American public and the world to say "Yup -- WE Got 'im." as President Obama was able to do Sunday night (EDT)... Right.

And shouldn't we be remembering why this had to happen in the first place ?

:unsure:

Remembering Why Osama Wanted You Dead.

" As celebrations spread across the globe with the news the mastermind of the worst terrorist attack on American soil, and co-sponsor of UK/European and SE Asian attacks, Osama Bin Laden, is dead almost 10 years after the attacks that killed 3,000 people those who lost loved ones can now take some comfort, no matter how relatively trivial that solace may seem."

http://rationalistsblog.net/2011/05/02/remembering-why-osama-wanted-you-dead/

how could even one person believe that after 10 years and hundreds of thousands of attributed deaths (directly and indirectly) that he was dumped into the sea immediately for any other reason than it cant be proven or questioned again.

Because not providing a shrine for other nut-jobs and hate-mongers is sensible indeed. ;)

Edited by Ulysses G.

For sure it is great day for America. CIA did a great job and hats off to Seal Team 6. I bought beer for village yesterday and had big party. Even played Star Spasngled Banner on the loudspeaker. Half people there do not even know who bin Laden was, but after I told the story everyone was happy to drink to his demise. Good riddance to bad rubbish. God Bless America.

OBL was a serial killer and that is all. The fact that he was able to attract other lost souls to do his dirty work is a testiment to the CIA who taught him how.

Like all serial killers he was a coward. Attacking inocent civilians who could not fight back. He was also a failure. His methods were doomed to fail and what he brought onto the heads of his supporters will insure his legacy as a looser.

I icing in the cake is that at the end he hid behind a woman and used her as a shield. Coward to the end,

Shame on anyone wishing OBAMA the head of a democracy was dead instead of OSAMA the head of a terrorist group.

You should be banned for flaming and ignorance.

Hear, hear...

Shame on anyone wishing OBAMA the head of a democracy was dead instead of OSAMA the head of a terrorist group.

Hear, hear...

US Secret Service frowns upon it as wellph34r.gif

You are amazing as well as amusing.

Presuming you are referring to me, my reply is it was not a wish. Nor do I not wish Osama dead. I do. But then, he has been for a long time, most likely.

The democracy you so heatedly defend above itself believes in free speech, as do I.

Which is why I do not think you should be banned for stating your opinion.

I have to amend my "Hear, hear..." to clarify that I don't advocate your being banned, even though 'free speech' hardly applies to this forum.

Specifically, I point to what is apparently your delusion that posting such sentiments makes you appear savvy, ' in the know', or in like-minded company.

I won't speculate about your motives; I will state that your implications are particularly repugnant.

Ok?

Believe your heart.

In this matter, solid evidence simply isn't made available to draw a valid conclusion as to what is the truth. But lies are often easier to spot than we sometimes wish to admit, even to ourselves, because doing so takes us way out of our comfort zone--a place where no one wants to be.

But in the long run, does it matter who you believe? Will what you believe make a difference? Does an "informed vote" make a difference anymore?

Enjoy the beach. Drink your Chang ice-cold with an almond-eyed beauty.

While I agree with your sentiment that any solid evidence is once again lacking and in turn any real truth....

And while I can totally appreciate your sentiment of enjoying your Chang/beach/almond eyed beauty....

At the same time I realize that ultimately this is what has brought us... the US citizens to this place.

As more than the majority would rather sit on the couch watching American idol or dancing with the stars thinking an informed vote makes no difference. Today we are exactly what we have allowed ourselves to become.

What is more amazing Flying is how the talking heads on ALL MSM channels have kept this

story going for 24 hours now as almost the one and only story.

Not even Fox news and people like O'Reilly or Hannity have even mentioned or questioned even some of the

points raised in this thread. How can this be when 99% of the time they

don't usually miss a single opportunity to pillory Obama. Surely someone in the MSM must have questions

in their mind ? How can they achieve a blanket acceptance of the story like this on all channels ? Even Al Jazeera doesn't question any of it ?

In other words they are seemingly happy to go along with allowing Obama to claim 100% of the

" credit " for this supposed " achievement ".

Who is instructing them to tow the line like this ?

Edited by midas

Transcript of U.S. President Obama's remarks on the death of Bin Laden

WASHINGTON, D.C. (BNO NEWS) -- U.S. President Barack Obama on early Monday morning delivered the following remarks from the White House to announce the death of al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

"The American people did not choose this fight. It came to our shores, and started with the senseless slaughter of our citizens."

Have to disagree with this bit. America and all the people who choose to live there, will always attract protests and violent acts by terrorists, radicals, psychos, losers and countries that can't make the grade, because it is the most held up, in your face example of freedom and success in the world. Any group, country or person easily uses the US as an excuse for their failings and to funnel the peoples hate at their situation, away from its corrupt and/or inadequate leaders. America also tends to upset many people/nations by throwing its weight around the world more than any other country(along with the UK - though more quietly)mainly cause it can afford it(and as a nice spinoff, line the pockets of the 'elite' in doing so)and because they are right in defending freedom and they know it. They get up my nose often too, but what can I say? They are wrong? No. They are right, even if they go about it badly at times and break too many egos, their intention is good. Every one should have the freedom and knowledge available to them to decide which religion they want to follow or not and not be afraid to live their lives how they wish - not have both these things forced on them by their leaders. As for "Bin Laden" and all like him, they do need weeding out - terminally - as good free people don't go around killing innocents to make their point. They are the point. Lastly. If the "Bin Ladens" around the world are so right, then why aren't most/or more of us not following them?

Believe your heart.

In this matter, solid evidence simply isn't made available to draw a valid conclusion as to what is the truth. But lies are often easier to spot than we sometimes wish to admit, even to ourselves, because doing so takes us way out of our comfort zone--a place where no one wants to be.

But in the long run, does it matter who you believe? Will what you believe make a difference? Does an "informed vote" make a difference anymore?

Enjoy the beach. Drink your Chang ice-cold with an almond-eyed beauty.

While I agree with your sentiment that any solid evidence is once again lacking and in turn any real truth....

And while I can totally appreciate your sentiment of enjoying your Chang/beach/almond eyed beauty....

At the same time I realize that ultimately this is what has brought us... the US citizens to this place.

As more than the majority would rather sit on the couch watching American idol or dancing with the stars thinking an informed vote makes no difference. Today we are exactly what we have allowed ourselves to become.

What is more amazing Flying is how the talking heads on ALL MSM channels have kept this

story going for 24 hours now as almost the one and only story.

Not even Fox news and people like O'Reilly or Hannity have even mentioned or questioned even some of the

points raised in this thread. How can this be when 99% of the time they

don't usually miss a single opportunity to pillory Obama. Surely someone in the MSM must have questions

in their mind ? How can they achieve a blanket acceptance of the story like this on all channels ? Even Al Jazeera doesn't question any of it ?

In other words they are seemingly happy to go along with allowing Obama to claim 100% of the

" credit " for this supposed " achievement ".

Who is instructing them to tow the line like this ?

It's called reality...and no tin foil hats....kinda like trying to say Neil Armstrong never landed on the moon....same same...

How long does a DNA test take???

Show me one that that takes less than then 24 hours and I call you Gawd.

Christ Quincy get out of the 70's you can get results in less than 1 hr if you have the resources

Transcript of U.S. President Obama's remarks on the death of Bin Laden

WASHINGTON, D.C. (BNO NEWS) -- U.S. President Barack Obama on early Monday morning delivered the following remarks from the White House to announce the death of al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

"The American people did not choose this fight. It came to our shores, and started with the senseless slaughter of our citizens."

Have to disagree with this bit. America and all the people who choose to live there, will always attract protests and violent acts by terrorists, radicals, psychos, losers and countries that can't make the grade, because it is the most held up, in your face example of freedom and success in the world. Any group, country or person easily uses the US as an excuse for their failings and to funnel the peoples hate at their situation, away from its corrupt and/or inadequate leaders. America also tends to upset many people/nations by throwing its weight around the world more than any other country(along with the UK - though more quietly)mainly cause it can afford it(and as a nice spinoff, line the pockets of the 'elite' in doing so)and because they are right in defending freedom and they know it. They get up my nose often too, but what can I say? They are wrong? No. They are right, even if they go about it badly at times and break too many egos, their intention is good. Every one should have the freedom and knowledge available to them to decide which religion they want to follow or not and not be afraid to live their lives how they wish - not have both these things forced on them by their leaders. As for "Bin Laden" and all like him, they do need weeding out - terminally - as good free people don't go around killing innocents to make their point. They are the point. Lastly. If the "Bin Ladens" around the world are so right, then why aren't most/or more of us not following them?

Just like many regimes then isn't it. The leaders/elite line their pockets while the country goes broke.

at least the Pakistani govt should be so kind and invite neutral observers to take samples for DNA testing. He alledgly lived there for years. There must be plenty around to confirm that he really was there.

Honestly I don't take the respecting of Islamic burial rules and dropping a body in the ocean. This is a bit of cheap procedure and a destroying of evidence. Why?

Fundamental Muslims went on murderous rampages because a cartoonist lampooned the prophet and the 'God' of their religion. Imagine what they would do if they believed the US was holding (and possibly desecrating) the corpse of someone they call the 'The Sheikh of Islam'. For all we know, he is on a slab, so he can be autopsied, fingerprinted, photoed, ... whatever. The important thing appears to be - Don't piss off the international Islamic community. Burial within 24 hours, or so they believe, and problem solved.

Whether you agree with it or not, I am pretty sure the US is not the least bit interested in your perspective.

No matter what the US does, there will be those who deride the government, no matter what Obama does, there will be those who deride him. It comes with the territory. I quite often find myself saying <deleted> when I read the news out of the US, but I am pretty certain that most Americans, and most US Gov't and policy types don't answer to me, making my opinions on the matter of little to no consequence.

For all we know, he is on a slab, so he can be autopsied, fingerprinted, photoed, ... whatever

if he was REALLY killed today, i suspect he is on a slab, the americans or anyone doesnt give a shit about his ' islamic ' rights and the 24 hr funeral, let alone dumping his body in the sea, just wouldnt happen !!!!

Don't be an arse, If the US didn't keep to Islamic law this could be seen as a religious killing, it wasn't it was a terrorist leader killed for his actions, not because he was a Muslim, end of story .

Don't be an arse, If the US didn't keep to Islamic law this could be seen as a religious killing, it wasn't it was a terrorist leader killed for his actions, not because he was a Muslim, end of story .

Thry can't win whatever they do. A rapid burial and the conspiracy theorists have a field day, delay and the religious nutters do likewise. Incidentally it would be very helpful if as many mainstream Imans as possible state clearly Bin Laden was a criminal and not a martyr - perhaps this has indeed happened as well as prior condemnation of Al Qaeda, but I haven't noticed much of this from the media.

Thry can't win whatever they do. A rapid burial and the conspiracy theorists have a field day, delay and the religious nutters do likewise. Incidentally it would be very helpful if as many mainstream Imans as possible state clearly Bin Laden was a criminal and not a martyr - perhaps this has indeed happened as well as prior condemnation of Al Qaeda, but I haven't noticed much of this from the media.

For sure. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. They have had a few Imans on TV here in the US today. The big one was the one trying to build that mosque near ground zero. He condemned bin Laden big time....saying it is against Islam to kill innocents and to commit suicide.

lucky

high density altitude, means high density altitude, go check it up eh!. I am glad you have ridden these 'birds' in to combat missions. May be I am mistaken, but I just flew them for 16 years, on many occasions flying guys like you into combat situations. I never said they 'dawdled' along, and i never said they did 130 mph, i said 130 kts. I am not a member of the tin foil brigade and am a retired career military pilot. I have no idea of where the carrier was or what the timescales were, I simply stated the airspeed these guys would have been operating at and said that you could all do the mathematics. I never poked holes in any official versions, I stated facts. Sorted?

My bust on the knots vs MPH and the high density altitude. I guess I should have looked that one up before posting. At 130 knots, that is only a little lower than what I was briefed before my own lifts. Please forgive this infantryman's misreading your post.

So mea culpa on that, but that does not get away from the fact that by switching the body to a C2, the trip, if it is 1,000 miles as many of the card-carrying members of the tinfoil hat brigade are claiming in various forums, can be made in less than 3 hours.

No snags ;) this is an emotional subject for all and you said nothing that needs forgiving. I agree with your final point. If you read my original post you will see that I considered a fixed wing must have been used if the published information is correct. I will wait for the official report to come out before commenting on the op, but a direct line between Islamabad and the ocean is about 620 nautical miles or about 710 miles, but that is direct line routing entirely through Pakistan, and would therefore need a very high degree of 'co-operation' from Pakistan. The route through Afghanistan is much more likely but obviously longer. I believe the extraction took place and am less inclined to believe the timescales as reported by world media, as they seem extremely tight. Even the likely change to a C2 has problems as it cruises at 250kts, though can operate at low level at a max speed of about 340 kts, but that is going balls out.. Only bona fide official information releases can be used to consider operational complications or validity, so i guess we need to wait.

Because not providing a shrine for other nut-jobs and hate-mongers is sensible indeed. ;)

And apparently according to Muslim tradition/law the body is to be disposed of within 24 hours of death. That said, who cares? He was lower than an insect.

As ventura notes, the 24 hour timetable for burial. If buried at sea, the body is put to rest as fish food. Some may have suggested he be used as bait on a hook for sharks. This method used should satisfy most of those with other proposals for disposal.

According to Peter King, Chairman of the Homeland Security Committee, waterboarding lead to locating Bin Laden. So much for the bleeding-hearts claims that advanced interrogation techniques do not produce useful information. Congratulations to the U.S. military.

Edited by venturalaw

Burying him at sea won't stop a shrine. They'll just have one where he was killed.

I do wonder about why the US thought it was ok to go into Pakistan without telling them. Kind of breaching international law and all.