Osama Bin Laden dead - USA has his body

george

Happy he's finally been got.

Don't think he's dead; y burry his body so quick at sea with no photo proof released? Because he's alive and gunna get 'interrogated' for every last drop of information ; not alive no human rights etc complications

Absolutely!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No trial, no jury, no video, no photo, no body. :huh:

The news says he resisted. So what choice but to kill him? He previously stated many times he would never surrender and predicted the circumstances of his own death. I guess he hoped to be a martyr. More reason to get rid of his body super fast.

This absolutely stinks

Yes, it's a very stinky day indeed for detractors of President Obama. Bush promised -- Obama delivered.

That's not exactly right. Bush never wanted to kill Osama. The longer that threast remained alive the longer he could press his agenda. Obama on the other hand is in full campaign mode (isn't it way too early for that?). He gave a presentation to the nation today that was full of I's (did this, ordered that, commanded such and such). Looked totally like a campaign ad and of course used the same Bush tactic of tying Osama to 9/11. He's a media concoction extraordinaire perfectly attuned to our dumbed dumbed dumded down former home.

For the naysayers, and there will always be naysayers, stay tuned, wikileaks will be releasing the 'super secret' documents shortly. Unless, of course, what we are being told (OBL killed today) is true... Then there would be no need...

Speaking of which, isn't it just more than a bit disheartening when an organization like wikileaks unloads hoards (or is it troves) of documents and nothing in there is consistent with a government conspiracy/ cover-up regarding WTC.

@jingthing re: Americans respecting all beliefs except those of non-believers, tis very true, and very unfortunate.

since when has/had the US Embassies in it's own country? - maybe they should, now ...

BTW, the leaks were leaking to over 3 million people who had access to it. All of them tight and secretive, sure.

Julain Assange completely screwed his fellow founders of Wikileaks, the dude is all about power.

Just find out who posted his bail, who his lawyer works for or what magazine voted him "man of the year" in 2008 and who is on their board. They are controlling the "wake up". When you do, keep it to yourself.

For the naysayers, and there will always be naysayers, stay tuned, wikileaks will be releasing the 'super secret' documents shortly. Unless, of course, what we are being told (OBL killed today) is true... Then there would be no need...

Speaking of which, isn't it just more than a bit disheartening when an organization like wikileaks unloads hoards (or is it troves) of documents and nothing in there is consistent with a government conspiracy/ cover-up regarding WTC.

@jingthing re: Americans respecting all beliefs except those of non-believers, tis very true, and very unfortunate.

since when has/had the US Embassies in it's own country? - maybe they should, now ...

BTW, the leaks were leaking to over 3 million people who had access to it. All of them tight and secretive, sure.

Wow, to think all this time that wikileaks has only been handling wires to and from the DoS that originated from or sent to embassies in foreign countries. They really really missed a trick as memos that circulated within Washington would have been 'high value' to the folks @ wikileaks... oh wait, they had some, and some of those were embarrassing to the former administration.

Eventually, everything conceived in darkness comes to light.

So, no thanks to the conspiracy silliness trumped up by those of questionable mental capacity, and the naive who regurgitate it.

The US might or might not care about Bin Laden's "Islamic Rights", but they do care about how the world, and especially the Islamic world, respond to it.

Mainstream Americans respect ALL religions. Unfortunately, they don't respect non-believers.

Of course they do. Start hanging out with a better crowd.

I am far from being an Obama fan - but this is his watch and he is the Commander in Chief and currently it is his staff in the field. We expect him to be responsible for everything - so I won't deny him his do. Also all of our great friends that stand with us and have put their life and effort into the cause. Thanks to all. Now it is back to work - much is left to be done. Evil never sleeps - never has.

Yes and I can't get over the irony that Obama took out Osama..

Happy he's finally been got.

Don't think he's dead; y burry his body so quick at sea with no photo proof released? Because he's alive and gunna get 'interrogated' for every last drop of information ; not alive no human rights etc complications

Absolutely!

Man I hope so, that would be the best end result IMO.

"Julain Assange completely screwed his fellow founders of Wikileaks, the dude is all about power.

Just find out who posted his bail, who his lawyer works for or what magazine voted him "man of the year" in 2008 and who is on their board. They are controlling the "wake up"."

Why do you think I left his name out of it???

The point was not so much about Assange as it is about this not being something that a Kenyan born Harvard flunkie could have easily cooked up without getting caught. If it was concocted, it will be found out. If it turns out this is all a ruse, feel free to say "I told you so".

Edited by ramsesxix

Truth is it makes no difference whether he was killed or not, except for Obama's reelection campaign. The TSA won't be shutting down, and whatever terrorism may exist will only get worse. Why do I care if he is dead or not? The people who really need to be eliminated are still at large.

This is truly a non event. It won't change anyone's life in any way. Why the government felt the need to destroy the evidence of his capture, if he was in fact captured, is beyond me. But I won't be holding my breath for anything of substance to come from this. Those people who want to trust the government will continue to believe, and those people who understand the duplicitous nature of the US government will continue to disbelieve.

This event, real or not, won't put oil that doesn't exist back in the ground, and it won't stop the collapse of industrial civilization. It is a distraction at best. You people who believe the official government conspiracy theory that 19 men with box cutters were responsible for the tragedy of 2001 can whoop and hollar for a few days, and then everything will be back to the way it was.

For myself, I don't buy any of it. It's all play acting, no more real than the afternoon soap operas you see on TV. The people who are truly guilty are still at large, and still free to practice their evil. I don't see the world as a better place today than it was yesterday because one more minor boogieman may have been dumped overboard. When I see Cheney caught and dumped overboard, then I'll celebrate.

Edit: forgot to add. The deaths though...the little people who have lost their lives in this elite game...they are very real. It's truly a tragedy.

Edited by gregb

The news says he resisted. So what choice but to kill him? He previously stated many times he would never surrender and predicted the circumstances of his own death. I guess he hoped to be a martyr. More reason to get rid of his body super fast.

He did say that he would never surrender so what choice but to kill him. I absolutely agree.

Why not take a photo or video of the body before disposing of it? It doesn't make any sense.

This absolutely stinks

Yes, it's a very stinky day indeed for detractors of President Obama. Bush promised -- Obama delivered.

Obama didn't deliver anything, the CIA and Navy Seals did though.

No, you're wrong. Obama is president. He gets ALL the credit. That's the way the game is played and you bloody well know if Bush had done this he would have milked it beyond belief. Obama detractors, you can't have it both ways. Deal with it. Yes, this is HUGE political victory for Obama.

C'mon man. I watch zero media but today i pulled up the video of Obama's speech. He tried to be "commander in chief" but he's really the guy that ratted on his friends to curry favor

. he couldn't have put much more pomp into what should have been a straight news item. Even Cheney admitted that OBL had nothing to do with 9/11, yet Osbama is still playing that card. Purely political speech involving tyhe risking of young men's lives. How bad is that?

"Mainstream Americans respect ALL religions. Unfortunately, they don't respect non-believers."

As "mainstream Americans" are almost entirely Christian this comment ties in with the fact that religious people, be they Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, Sikh, or Jewish, respect other people of faith, what they struggle to comprehend and thus respect/tolerate are those without faith.

it's like a collection of carnivores trying to come to terms with a self-determined vegetarian.

Amazing read here, seems some would side with Hitler or Stalin and others at the time of their departure. ;)

Anti-Americanism has few limits.

For sure but l can tell you when my dads back was against the wall he smiled, smoked a few cigs and sunk a few beers with, yes you guessed it, U.S guys. :)

Truth is it makes no difference whether he was killed or not, except for Obama's reelection campaign. The TSA won't be shutting down, and whatever terrorism may exist will only get worse. Why do I care if he is dead or not? The people who really need to be eliminated are still at large.

This is truly a non event. It won't change anyone's life in any way. Why the government felt the need to destroy the evidence of his capture, if he was in fact captured, is beyond me. But I won't be holding my breath for anything of substance to come from this. Those people who want to trust the government will continue to believe, and those people who understand the duplicitous nature of the US government will continue to disbelieve.

This event, real or not, won't put oil that doesn't exist back in the ground, and it won't stop the collapse of industrial civilization. It is a distraction at best. You people who believe the official government conspiracy theory that 19 men with box cutters were responsible for the tragedy of 2001 can whoop and hollar for a few days, and then everything will be back to the way it was.

For myself, I don't buy any of it. It's all play acting, no more real than the afternoon soap operas you see on TV. The people who are truly guilty are still at large, and still free to practice their evil. I don't see the world as a better place today than it was yesterday because one more minor boogieman may have been dumped overboard. When I see Cheney caught and dumped overboard, then I'll celebrate.

Edit: forgot to add. The deaths though...the little people who have lost their lives in this elite game...they are very real. It's truly a tragedy.

Good post gregb.

Amazing read here, seems some would side with Hitler or Stalin and others at the time of their departure. ;)

For sure but l can tell you when my dads back was against the wall he smiled, smoked a few cigs and sunk a few beers with, yes you guessed it, U.S guys. :)

paranoia at its best. There must be a reason for it.

All what people with common sense ask is evidence, solid evidence, but that seems to be destroyed deliberately all the time.

Just read in a live ticker that the first DNA tests are positive and that it is nearly 100% Bin Laden.

May I ask to confirm with samples by a third party at the scene there? Is that so hard to understand and to wipe out any doubts?

image-209673-galleryV9-cduf.jpg

No, you're wrong. Obama is president. He gets ALL the credit. That's the way the game is played and you bloody well know if Bush had done this he would have milked it beyond belief. Obama detractors, you can't have it both ways. Deal with it. Yes, this is HUGE political victory for Obama.

C'mon man. I watch zero media but today i pulled up the video of Obama's speech. He tried to be "commander in chief" but he's really the guy that ratted on his friends to curry favor

. he couldn't have put much more pomp into what should have been a straight news item. Even Cheney admitted that OBL had nothing to do with 9/11, yet Osbama is still playing that card. Purely political speech involving tyhe risking of young men's lives. How gay is that?

Yeah, I think he needs to get his shoulder set back in place from patting himself on the back. Actually I think his speech writers made a critical error in his speech when he said that "There was a fire fight and then Osama was killed" It sounded very much like he was executed after the fact, it was a standout error in wording. It should have been presented that "there was a fire fight in which Osama was shot and killed" or something more to that effect, people take things very literally around the world and lost in translation is always an issue as well as people like to read between the lines when you leave open the opportunity as was done here....

It's quite telling too that the Pakistani Government has given it's praise and support for fighting international terrorism instead of any sort of protest over the incursion on their sovereignty. I also heard report that more over they are taking some credit for the operation and locating Osama as well, that is in line with what I expected.. I find it hard to believe that we could fly 120 miles inland over a very populated part of Pakistan without being detected by their military, after all we aren't talking about drones here.

. he couldn't have put much more pomp into what should have been a straight news item. Even Cheney admitted that OBL had nothing to do with 9/11, yet Osbama is still playing that card. Purely political speech involving tyhe risking of young men's lives. How gay is that?

Like this from 2001, "When I said no negotiations I meant no negotiations. We know he's guilty. Turn him over. There's no need to discuss innocence or guilt." After the Taleban had offered to hand over Osama, not once but twice? The original article is here http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/bush-rejects-taliban-offer-to-surrender-bin-laden-631436.html

I don't know how many soldiers or civilians have died in Afghanistan, but they could have been avoided if the US had a president in 2001 who wasn't making a purely political speech involving risking young men's lives.

I read international press, Der Spiegel, Le Monde, The Guardian. Converging information, far away from the general postings here.

This absolutely stinks

So if beechguy is wrong, does Obama get the 25 million?

"This event, real or not, won't put oil that doesn't exist back in the ground, and it won't stop the collapse of industrial civilization. It is a distraction at best. You people who believe the official government conspiracy theory that 19 men with box cutters were responsible for the tragedy of 2001 can whoop and hollar for a few days, and then everything will be back to the way it was."

What a sad piece of twaddle.

"won't put oil that doesn't exist back in the ground" This is new though, normally it's all about "Big Oil" and how Exxon-Mobil rules the world and gets the US to invade countries to grab their oil, but now it seems the oil doesn't exist. Wow.

"the collapse of industrial civilization", predicted since Malthus' tome in 1798, still to happen; thank god (in some form or other) for human ingenuity and balls.

"the official government conspiracy theory that 19 men with box cutters", ok so who did crash 4 planes into the WTC, Pentagon and a field in Pennsylvania?

Conspiracy theories really are the last refuge for the sad, mad and those who need to get out more often. Life is not like your video games, it is messy, unpredictable, unreasonable, unkind, unforgiving, unbelievably amazing, try it for real yourself you might even enjoy it.

1 conspiracy theory deleted.

PS

Maybe the fact the Bin Laden is still on the FBI list might have something to do with the fact that it is Sunday night in Washington?

Well this one made me laugh Mario. Now I think the initial comment was meant as a funny, and yes the FBI have been a little lax, but are you really trying to suggest that the number 1 investigation organisation in the world doesn't have people in its main office on a Sunday or bank holiday. Is it a 9-5 organisation? I really really don't think so. Call them up now, you will find someone answers the phone. This web entry is not along the lines of the next Washington V's New York FBI chess competition, it is their Top Ten most wanted people in the world. I think someone is at the desk! Hey, it is well known how much the FBI despise the CIA and vice versa, so maybe they are trying to tell us something!

Edited by bonobo
Removed comment on moderation

The US might or might not care about Bin Laden's "Islamic Rights", but they do care about how the world, and especially the Islamic world, respond to it.

Mainstream Americans respect ALL religions. Unfortunately, they don't respect non-believers.

Of course they do. Start hanging out with a better crowd.

I didn't say ALL Americans, dude. You're funny.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-do-americans-still-dislike-atheists/2011/02/18/AFqgnwGF_story.html

Long after blacks and Jews have made great strides, and even as homosexuals gain respect, acceptance and new rights, there is still a group that lots of Americans just don’t like much: atheists. Those who don’t believe in God are widely considered to be immoral, wicked and angry. They can’t join the Boy Scouts. Atheist soldiers are rated potentially deficient when they do not score as sufficiently “spiritual” in military psychological evaluations. Surveys find that most Americans refuse or are reluctant to marry or vote for nontheists; in other words, nonbelievers are one minority still commonly denied in practical terms the right to assume office despite the constitutional ban on religious tests.

Rarely denounced by the mainstream, this stunning anti-atheist discrimination is egged on by Christian conservatives who stridently — and uncivilly — declare that the lack of godly faith is detrimental to society, rendering nonbelievers intrinsically suspect and second-class citizens.

paranoia at its best. There must be a reason for it.

All what people with common sense ask is evidence, solid evidence, but that seems to be destroyed deliberately all the time.

Just read in a live ticker that the first DNA tests are positive and that it is nearly 100% Bin Laden.

May I ask to confirm with samples by a third party at the scene there? Is that so hard to understand and to wipe out any doubts?

image-209673-galleryV9-cduf.jpg

The laughs just keep coming. It is NEARLY 100% Bin Laden!! It either is, or it is not, there are only the two standards. The DNA is NEARLY 100% a Frog (97% the same as Humans), or a Monkey (99% the same), so how much is NEARLY the same as Bin Ladens? Just askin!

I read international press, Der Spiegel, Le Monde, The Guardian. Converging information, far away from the general postings here.

I stand corrected. It was indeed a KILL operation without a desire to capture him alive.