Can'T Take It Anymore!

geronimo

"Ah but that kinda defeats the purpose of posting on an internet board."

You don't get to say what my purpose is. What I write is clearly greek to you so spelling wouldn't matter anyway. I enjoy knowing that my writing makes some uncomfortable.

Whatever happened to make you this miserable, I hope it goes away soon! Have a nice day!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't get to say what my purpose is. What I write is clearly greek to you so spelling wouldn't matter anyway. I enjoy knowing that my writing makes some uncomfortable.

I don't 'get it', man.

Too heavy, dude.

Jock itch is a bitch way out at sea, huh, Aristotle?

You will probably get a telling off!, as apparently there are many TV members where English is not their main language and allowances have to be made.

The people that are most likely to misuse the word are english speakers. This is not an error typical of those that speak another language.

'Richb2004v2' timestamp='1304392435' post='4397726']

'trisailer' timestamp='1304391650' post='4397698']

I don't 'get it', man.

Too heavy, dude.

Language is merely a means to an end , it enables people to communicate with each other with the best understanding possible at any given time , none of us are perfect nor probably will be , making an attempt to be lucid is far more important than getting the 'T's crossed and the 'Eyes' dotted . There is already enough condemnation in the world today , why add to this with what I feel is only ' Nit-picking' , just get on with life and do your best to understand the other persons point of view , that would at least make two people a tad more happy .

Language is merely a means to an end , it enables people to communicate with each other with the best understanding possible at any given time , none of us are perfect nor probably will be , making an attempt to be lucid is far more important than getting the 'T's crossed and the 'Eyes' dotted . There is already enough condemnation in the world today , why add to this with what I feel is only ' Nit-picking' , just get on with life and do your best to understand the other persons point of view , that would at least make two people a tad more happy .

I agree.

(By the way, you put spaces between all your words and commas or periods.)

:lol:

Funny, their must be a million forums for english spelling and grammah finatics to share there inane love for form over substance....yet heah theah aah.

Edited by trisailer

I am lost for words :D

Not everybody on TV are native English speakers, so sometimes the grammar and choice of words are not 100 % correct but as long as others can understand you, who cares (expect you maybe).

Happy birthday by the way.

English as a second language is rarely an excuse, the prime offenders are usually native speakers.

mistakes like their/there, loose/lose, brake/brake, affect/effect and so many other general usage issues amongst native speakers make me question how effective a teacher the op really was

'happyrobert' timestamp='1304395466' post='4397829']'dumball' timestamp='1304395150' post='4397810']

I agree.

(By the way, you put spaces between all your words and commas or periods.)

:lol:

Putting commas , periods spaces etc between words , makes it far easier for the reader to understand what is , in fact , written if and provided they are used as intended , many get the wrong impression of a post merely reading monotone , it blurs the mental thought process .

Not everybody on TV are native English speakers, so sometimes the grammar and choice of words are not 100 % correct but as long as others can understand you, who cares (expect you maybe).

Prhps we could tke mst of the vwls out of the wrds we use, I wnder if we cld stll unrstnd ourslves tht way.

Prhps we could tke mst of the vwls out of the wrds we use, I wnder if we cld stll unrstnd ourslves tht way.

Great idea. There would be a lt lss sht n hr thn.

Geronimo.

Read, Deviant Modernism: Sexual and Textual Errancy in T.S Eliot, James Joyce, and Marcel Proust and get back to us with a book report.

Ill leave that for a day when I have nothing to do :bah:

Geronimo.

Read, Deviant Modernism: Sexual and Textual Errancy in T.S Eliot, James Joyce, and Marcel Proust and get back to us with a book report.

Ill leave that for a day when I have nothing to do :bah:

:o But you're an English teacher. Surely you've read all this stuff?

I'm beginning to think, OP, that you just want us all to sit up straight and pay attention. :D

Happy Birthday!

It's great that you care about the language, and anyone over 50 needs to cultivate a pet hate. Mine's the failure to use indicators when driving :annoyed:

But you have to feel sorry for anyone trying to learn to speak and write English, because it's just not a logical language.

How could 'thought' be pronounced 'thort' .... why is 'lose' not pronounced 'lows' and why is it not written as 'looz'?

And there are very few native English speakers who spell 'separate' correctly. If 'desperate' is spelt with an 'e', why does 'separate' have an 'a'?

I'm glad I don't need to learn English as a second language.

If you don't know the difference between lose and loose you are a looser.

Happy birthday.

Only when I took (or is it "taked") those pills the pharmacist gave me to solve the constipation. Now I'm much looser.

Happy birthday.

Only when I took (or is it "taked") those pills the pharmacist gave me to solve the constipation. Now I'm much looser.

So you lost something? :unsure:

Happy birthday.

So you lost something? :unsure:

One of his loose women I expect.