2011 Thailand Mobile Expo - Hi End

A lot of people are waiting anxiously for the Samsung Galaxy S II, and other new dual-core models. It looks like this model may be launched locally, maybe at a preview party during the week, and at the Thailand Mobile Expo 2011 Hi-End 2 - 5 June 2011.

Thailand Mobile Expo 2011 Hi-End

When : June 2-5, 2011 10.00 a.m. - 8.00 p.m.

Where : Queen Sirikit National Convention Center

Site : http://www.thailandmobileexpo.com,http://www.qsncc.co.th

Contact : Organizer : M Vision Co.,Ltd. Tel : +66 (0) 2 734 7707-9

What/Why : M Vision Co., Ltd. is hosting Thailand Mobile Expo 2011 Hi-End. The event will showcase mobile phone innovations and cutting-edge technology presented by leading mobile phone operators & producers of software & hardware, including leading edge accessories and connecting devices. The exhibition is conveniently divided into separate zones. Mobile Match Maker in the Main Zone is where notable columnists from WhatPHONE magazine will be on hand to advise how to choose a mobile phone. Brands Zone will showcase leading companies’ advanced innovations and promotions. In addition, for the first time, there will be a Meeting and Conference Zone, presenting a parallel program of lectures and academic seminars on related topics. And as a special offer to visitors, every purchase has the option of 0% interest cash credit service.

http://www.pantip.com/cafe/mbk/topic/T10512099/T10512099.html

will try to make it there. Thanks for the update.

here is the official website: http://www.thailandm...eexpo.com/2011/

Some of the other phones to look at will be the lg optimus ME, 2x.

This site has done a complete listing http://www.thaimobilecenter.com/home/mobile_article_detail.asp?nid=99

I hope that the same website will make a comparison list, like they did with previous expo that lines up specs side by side, ordered by price.

The acer liquid metal would hopefully have come down in price? And I will re-look at the Welcomm A99 also. But with many newer models coming out.

All you people saying "when's the best time to buy smartphone?" These expos seem to be it.

Edited by 4evermaat

All you people saying "when's the best time to buy smartphone?" These expos seem to be it.

Ya sure, but i wonder wich phones will be available for purchase/sale at the expo, looking at the listing of phones you provided i suspect only 70-80% of them will be available for purchase.

Ya sure, but i wonder wich phones will be available for purchase/sale at the expo, looking at the listing of phones you provided i suspect only 70-80% of them will be available for purchase.

You'd be surprised. If it is not released, it will not be available. At best, it will be demoed. And demo, but not purchasable items are separated and they tell you right away yes or no. But if it is very close to official release date, or has been approved to be released in Asia region, they should have it in stock.

The Samsung Galaxy Cooper it took some popular stores like Jaymart, PowerBuys, etc in Bangkok weeks after I had gotten a copy at the expo. And if you live further from farang-concentrated business areas, like Chumphon Town, it took 2 months.

I hope the thaimobilecenter.com does another comparison sheet. They keep up with what's available with full specs.

If past history is any indicator of future performance some models will be available, and some will be previewed and you can get added to the wait-list. It's not exactly rocket-science. Not every trade-show is timed to availability/launch. Hopefully I'm not bursting any bubbles for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like the early birds got the worm.

The Acer liquid metal. Only the first 60-100 people got the discounted phone. Obviously I did not get it. Having a hard time justifing paying 12900 when even their tab product is around that price.

The samsung galaxy SII......Not available for sale. The long line of 300-500 Thai people were to PRE-ORDER, which i found weird. But it was confusing.....some samsung people made it sound like you could walk away from it. But at the actual Samsung booth, they only said that you can order it. The first 1000 people got 3,000 baht off the entire purchase price. Perhaps that was enough to make people wait in line.

The retail price is 18,900. That's actually a great price with all the extras they give you. Truemove was offering "Unlimited 3G" for 649 baht with no asterik indicating fair-use. Although I'm sure there is one when you sign up for the actual contract.

I wasn't impressed at all with iMobile android phones. The price is actually acceptable for the specs, but no flash on the camera? The newest models

I did not see welcomm booth.

Surprisingly, many of the vendors were not yet ready @ 10:00am, which was kind of embarrasing reflection on the vendors as a whole.

Would love to go but can't see me going all the way up to Bangkok just for this. Maybe if I could have combined it with a visit to WHD.asia, but that's not until 9-10 June.

Hopefully those of you who get a chance to go there will bring back lots of interesting news and photos :)

Would love to go but can't see me going all the way up to Bangkok just for this. Maybe if I could have combined it with a visit to WHD.asia, but that's not until 9-10 June.

Hopefully those of you who get a chance to go there will bring back lots of interesting news and photos :)

I'm sure others will. I was going to take photos, but then I saw a couple of thai people with professional cameras doing this for me. So I'm sure in a day or two it will show up on one of the blogs.

btw, there was a small Welcomm booth selling an updated A99 for 10,900. It went up 1000 baht from previous show, but now it comes with HDMI cable and some free navigation software. I was tempted, but ended up leaving without purchasing anything. Comparitively speaking, its still (spec-wise) cheap compared with competitor phones with similar specs.

They also had a slider keyboard android 1.5 for 3000 baht. You know, if it had android 2.2, i would have gotten it just for the wifi hotspot alone.

The booths were setup fully before I left. Other than the 7900 baht Acer Liquid Metal phones which sold out in all of about 3 minutes, it was good only to look and maybe buy if you saw a good enough deal.

• 2 weeks later...

The Acer liquid metal. Only the first 60-100 people got the discounted phone. Obviously I did not get it. Having a hard time justifing paying 12900 when even their tab product is around that price.

The samsung galaxy SII......Not available for sale. The long line of 300-500 Thai people were to PRE-ORDER, which i found weird. But it was confusing.....some samsung people made it sound like you could walk away from it. But at the actual Samsung booth, they only said that you can order it. The first 1000 people got 3,000 baht off the entire purchase price. Perhaps that was enough to make people wait in line.

The retail price is 18,900. That's actually a great price with all the extras they give you. Truemove was offering "Unlimited 3G" for 649 baht with no asterik indicating fair-use. Although I'm sure there is one when you sign up for the actual contract.

I wasn't impressed at all with iMobile android phones. The price is actually acceptable for the specs, but no flash on the camera? The newest models

Surprisingly, many of the vendors were not yet ready @ 10:00am, which was kind of embarrasing reflection on the vendors as a whole.

Any idea how HTC was handling the Sensation? Were they selling phones or only taking orders?

My current phone is limping badly and only firing on 3 cylinders. I'm waiting on a Sensation, but can't get one locally (upcountry in Isaan) now. And since I'm leaving the country on a trip in two weeks, I'd really like to get one before I travel and also take advantage of the VAT refund. If the Sensation is to be had in Bangkok, where would be the best places to try to get one?

Thanks!

Any idea how HTC was handling the Sensation? Were they selling phones or only taking orders?

My current phone is limping badly and only firing on 3 cylinders. I'm waiting on a Sensation, but can't get one locally (upcountry in Isaan) now. And since I'm leaving the country on a trip in two weeks, I'd really like to get one before I travel and also take advantage of the VAT refund. If the Sensation is to be had in Bangkok, where would be the best places to try to get one?

Thanks!

I did check the htc booths. None of them had it, or seemed interested in knowing when they would. Oh well, it's the thought that counts.

Thanks!

In another thread I think I replied to your query...pre-orders may be delivered on 15 July. Haven't heard of any changes to that date.

Thanks!

In another thread I think I replied to your query...pre-orders may be delivered on 15 July. Haven't heard of any changes to that date.

Yes, I saw that July 15th date referencing the DTAC orders. I wasn't sure how that relates to what's happening at the retailer level (outside of DTAC). Does DTAC get first dibs on these things?

If it's not going to start appearing until at least mid-July, I guess I'll have to pick up something else as an interim solution.

Another plastic bomber? I have now been with various Hi-End Phones, but what should I do with those, being logged into a very low-end network. Even the true 3G in BKK is more than disappointing. So I am still an Edge dinosaur...lol