3Bb Loses Ip Address Every Day At The Same Time

sfokevin

I have 3BB service (Which I thin is great!)

I have their non wifi router what I have attached a Apple Airport Express WIFI router to and set to bridge mode...

It has worked fine for months (Although the Airport Express runs VERY hot)

Now in the last 10 days or so at about 2pm in the afternoon the Airport Express will not let you connect... You can see it as an available WIFI but connecting just times out...

I guess that the 3BB router is not handing off a DHCP IP address...

If I unplug the Airport Express and plug it right back in things work fine again until tomorrow...

Tech support is difficult to work with as there English is limited - but basically says I am online 24/7... When I tell them it is just a wifi router and not a computer attached they seem not to understand... and say I should turn off my router daily to avoid this...

I don't understand why this could work for months and now have this problem unless they have changed something in my account?

I don't want to slam 3BB as I like there service...

I had the same problem with another service provider. I would have to turn my wifi-router off and on each time to gain internet access – despite a solid connection between the computer and router.

It turned out to be a two part solution. One, I reset the router. This worked great for keeping the internet connection, but now I had trouble from the wifi card end. It would connect to the router and internet, but then lose the signal (not just the internet as before, but the entire signal) – this would go on and on and I would lose it and then get it back every five minutes or so. I noticed that the signal strength, which always used to be excellent or good, was suddenly bouncing around from terrible to fair. This turned out to be interference from nearby electronics operating on a similar frequency. Moving the other equipment away from the computer’s wifi card took care of this issue.

I am not sure if your problem is similar or if you have tried the above, but it took about a half day of trial and error to get to this point. Now it all works perfectly.

Ditto

Every day at the same time my modem logs me out from TOT in Chiang Mai.

I've set the modem to automatically log me back in but streaming stuff stops, as does security connections.

I can not see any reason why nor can I stop it - darned annoying.

Googled the log information but I can not find any answer.