Yellow Tabien Baan, Kor Ror 13

Am interested in Yellow T. Baan myself, not for medical reasons though.

Would anybody have up to date info re requiremens to be met in order to get YTB?

I have non o retirement, and I don't have Thai wife.

I would assume that one of the crucial issues would be proof of address.

If owning a condo that should suffice, I guess.

What if you rent a place, that being condo or house, does that suffice as permanent address?

That's my situation, and the owner of the house will go with me and bring his blue tabien baan and his ID. Let's what happens.

Had a go at the office yet?

No, flying around to neighbouring countries, haven't had the time yet. First of all now, my new passport has to be translated.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, I am curious to know if I lose the yellow TB if I sale my condo, I guess Yes.

Is there a visible expiration date on the yellow TB? Otherwise i would keep it anyway just to continue to get stuff done.

Can you register a motorbike with it?

The tabien baan lists the persons officially residing at that address, it does not expire.

(Although I believeo fficially you must be on a non-immigrant visa, so losing your permisison to say and returnng on a visa exempt entry for instance might disqualify you.)

Yes, it is proof of address for the government so you can register a bike with it.

Is it a right?

What documents may be required please,Ive read some threads but stil unclear.

each person I meet who has one has differing stories.In BKK walk in no fee and may get

In C Rai my Swedish friend had to prove he'd closed all acounts in Sweden Police check in Swedish notarise etc as you know some countries will not issue ploice checks,lots of money lots of time and no entitlement to health cover back in EU .

My Thai non expert neighbour made discrete enquiries

MY ID Thai Driving licence accompanued by an upright citizen (D Teacher etc the Poo Yai Ban ) and the all imporatnt gift some good Johnny Walker or better was the suggested lubricant and my case would be aptley Rubba stamped.However they do not actaully have any of the books and have never seen one and it was hinted I should find ot how this works somewhere larger.

Do the Amphoe Office obtain the blank books from Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Police ?and is their an official list of requiement?

I realize like immi and all else different offices and staff have lewway and varies day to day

Thanks for any advice I am on a rare trip to BKK and could go to Suan Plu or Chnag Wattana in person for clarification.I think If I can make it easy so they don't have to make too much EFFORT all is possible..

Finally I am in middle 6 months of married mans non O re-entered las week do I need to go out and start again ?

Edited by RubbaJohnny

Is it a right?

I have seen some posts linking to information indication that it is in fact a legal obligation. Regrettably, I can't find the link any more.

Not the Ministry of Foreign Affairs but the Ministry of the Interior is in charge of the Tabien Baan, blue and yellow.

... am in middle 6 months of married mans non O re-entered las week do I need to go out and start again ?

You may have to be a bit clearer about "6 months of married mans non O re-entered".

If you are talking about a visa, ie obtained from a Thai consulate, is it single-entry or multiple-entry; if multiple-entry, what is the expiration date of the visa and what is the expiration of your current permission to stay, ie the "UNTIL" date on your arrival stamp?

If it is a re-entry permit, ie from your local immigration office, what is its expiration date?

In Thailand there are 3 health schemes:

- for government employees, and their spouse, children and parents

- for people working and who fall under the social security fund

- the socalled 30 baht health card

It are 3 seperate things, each with their own rules.

• 2 weeks later...

I was also issued a Thai '30 bht' medical card after getting my yellow book. Not that my first choice for medical care would be a government hospital but should a dire emergency arise I guess it's a useful fallback.

Depending on your local hospital, some government hospitals are very good. Especially the provincial government hospitals are good.

Choose a good doctor, not a good hospital. Some good doctors work partime in government hospitals and also have a private practise or work in a private hospital.

I've found the government hospitals to be excellent and affordable. Here in CM, the doctors at the government hospital moonlight at the private hospital.

• 2 months later...

Hang on. I've read through probably all the posts in this thread and I didn't find any reference to my own situation that I believe is quite common. I have Work Permit and I'm Director of a Thai company that owns the land the the house I'm residing at. So, I have the Blue House Book but as a foreigner, I'm not registered in it. Therefore, I cannot show anybody the proof of my address. Can I also have a Yellow House Book for the same house and be shown residing here? How do I do that?

Indeed am sure you could be listed on a yellow house book using company officials with blue book to sign for you to obtain. You can also just use letter from Embassy or Immigration for proof of address when needed.

Did the official marriage recently,

Tessabaan asked if I wanted the yellow book.

My wife said it cost 10,000 baht.... I declined at the time.

What a shock to see Evil Doc got his no charge.

I do have a company (withThai) that owns land,

and a home on the wifes blue book,

Did the property raise the yellow book cost?

So what goes. This Tessabaan was much easier to deal with

To register the marriage in wifes book than the Ampur for any part of the process,

By 10k seems round the twist.

Edited by animatic

To register the marriage in wifes book than the Ampur for any part of the process,

10k? That's insane and a rip off.

Did your wife say this or the amphur/khet? Where do you live?

Cost of property has nothing to do with it.

The requirements for getting the yellow tabien baan should nearly the same everywhere.

The instruction manual/rule book of the amphur/khet will tell the requirements.

I do understand that outside Bangkok they can be very difficult about this.

Simply because many do not know about it and have never issued it

Mine was issued by our teesabaan, costing 30 baht.

Is perhaps where you live the municipal office in the same building where the district office is?

No, the amphur office is in the city (Chiang Mai) and our tessabahn seems to handle such matters in our tambon. At one time they were issuing Thai ID cards.

Edited by NotEinstein

10k? That's insane and a rip off.

Did your wife say this or the amphur/khet? Where do you live?

Cost of property has nothing to do with it.

The requirements for getting the yellow tabien baan should nearly the same everywhere.

The instruction manual/rule book of the amphur/khet will tell the requirements.

I do understand that outside Bangkok they can be very difficult about this.

Simply because many do not know about it and have never issued it

I am suspecting that she misheard at this point.

She was pretty tired after the snipe hunt of getting the marriage done.

9:30 am till 3:45 pm and about 40 km and hours on a computer,

and the general stress.

I'll look into it again. A lot of Farangs with Thai family and homes here,

so I doubt they are unfamiliar with the yellow book.

I got mine at our local Amphur office in Lamphun province. Brought my passport (with 1 year extension based on marriage), my wife, and the local head of our village. The employees at the Amphur office were friendly and helpful. They filled out the forms, the head of the village signed a paper verifying I lived at our house in our village, and about 45 minutes later -- Bob's your uncle -- I had my Yellow House Book. That easy!

• Like 1

I got mine at our local Amphur office in Lamphun province. Brought my passport (with 1 year extension based on marriage), my wife, and the local head of our village. The employees at the Amphur office were friendly and helpful. They filled out the forms, the head of the village signed a paper verifying I lived at our house in our village, and about 45 minutes later -- Bob's your uncle -- I had my Yellow House Book. That easy!

Very similar to mine. I got married at the local Amphur office today and the they processed my yellow book after the marriage certificate was issued. I had the following documents:

Copy of passport of photo page and visa

Copy of wifes blue book

Copy her ID

Copy of brand new marriage certificate

Two witnesses and copies of their IDs

Three photos

The local officer filled out all the documents including the letters that the witneses had to sign.

The whole process including marriage certificate and yellow book took 3 hours.

The Amphur office was Phayao.

Very friendly staff.

• 2 weeks later...

Just made application this morning,Thought we had all the documents however,now need

Translation into Thai of my NZ Passport and also NZ Marriage Certificate,both to be certified by NZ Embassy Bangkok

Am I winning or Loosing???

I applied two weeks ago and they said we will contact you to come in and bring the phu yai baan and his deputy.

Still have heard nothing so I said to my wife we will have to go and see what the delay is and she said that when

we were there before they told her that they did not have a yellow book in the office and would have to wait till they

had some.unsure.png At the end of the day there should not be a problem, just have to wait.

I got mine today at Bangkapi District Office

Needed the following original docs, certified from British Embassy, translated into Thai and legalised at Chaeng Wattana:

Passport photo page -> cost 1500 baht + 800 express legalisation

Letter of Residence -> cost 2700 baht + 800 express legalisation

Document showing parents names (certified copies of document used for freedom to marry sufficed for this)

Additional documents:

Marriage Certificate

Wifes tabien baan (registered owner of property)

6 photos

Wifes ID card

They were not interested in immigrant visas, work permits, withnesses or anything else. Had to make an appointment, it took approx 1.5 hours for them to painstakingly write everything out and enter the information onto their computers. Fortunately the tabien baan itself was free.

Just made application this morning,Thought we had all the documents however,now need

Translation into Thai of my NZ Passport and also NZ Marriage Certificate,both to be certified by NZ Embassy Bangkok

This is correct.

This is correct.

This looks to be typical Thai bureaucracy. Sometimes good and sometime frustrating. My amphur office required:

Copy of passport

Copy of marriage license

Copy of wife's Tabien Baan

Copy of wife's ID

Two photos

Signature of our village leader (in person) verifying I live in the village

I was not required to "certify" the documents or translate them into Thai. As typical, each governmental agency seems to interpret things like the issuing yellow books differently. Thank goodness our local Amphur office is staffed with friendly, helpful folk who keep it simple. The entire process took less than an hour. Maybe being in a rural location makes a difference?

@ttl: Looks like you got the frustrating bureaucracy. Sorry to hear. Do you live in a "larger" city?

Edited by connda

This is correct.

This looks to be typical Thai bureaucracy. Sometimes good and sometime frustrating. My amphur office required:

Copy of passport

Copy of marriage license

Copy of wife's Tabien Baan

Copy of wife's ID

Two photos

Signature of our village leader (in person) verifying I live in the village

I was not required to "certify" the documents or translate them into Thai. As typical, each governmental agency seems to interpret things like the issuing yellow books differently. Thank goodness our local Amphur office is staffed with friendly, helpful folk who keep it simple. The entire process took less than an hour. Maybe being in a rural location makes a difference?

@ttl: Looks like you got the frustrating bureaucracy. Sorry to hear. Do you live in a "larger" city?

They need your name transliterated into Thai. You will have that on your thai marriage certificate, however, ttl has a NZ marriage so that is why they ask for translated (transliterated) copy of passport.

Edited by Time Traveller

Is there a type of "house book or yellow book " that can be obtained for an expat condo owner in Thailand? I am not married. Apologies if this has already been discussed.....

Condo owners get a blue book, regardless of their nationality.

Not correct!....i own a condo, (registered on my name) and i have, since many years now, a yellow book, name registration is in thai