Liking Isaan, And My New Family

painterscabin

Liking isaan, and my new family very much. I met my wife on thai lovelinks . After a four month phone courtship I was standing in my wifes home with one hundred fifty people attending our wedding, yes we had never physically met before. We were both very nervous, and had some times of tears. We read thailand fever everynight, side by side, understanding each other and cultraul difference along the way. We tried some buisness, traveled around, made friends, went to weddings, funnerals and temple. I married a great girl with two kids, that have become my own and a mom and dad that are loving caring, hard working people. The relatives are wonderful sharing and inviting. Ok, this is my cindarella story, but in reverse , but for my wife and I it is just destiny. Yes, there is so much more to tell, and perhap in another forum page I will. Thai's love to display their gold , well this is mine, and my wife is a real jewel. Tom near Si Chiang Mai.

'transam' timestamp='1304746360' post='4406611']

:huh:

Sounds too good to be true but wish you both all the happiness you can get , in from the deep end is often the only way some can learn how to swim .

Glad to here things are going well for you Tom.

My wife is from a small village - Phraphuthabat - near Si Chiang Mai and I spend quite a bit of time there. Great part of the world!

Good luck but if you're broke and single in a years time I won't be surprised

I hope the OP can come back in 12 months time and ram those words down your throat.

The odds are against that happening but, best of luck.

Good luck but if you're broke and single in a years time I won't be surprised

You're a miseryguts, aren't you? Here's a happy guy, and all you can do is say, It won't last.

OP, I wish you the best of luck; it's nice to see someone on here who's not complaining. And you're not the only one who's found something special in this part of the world.

I wrote this post because I was in a good mood. I read Thai visa everyday, great source for guys living in thai. I read many postings about the negetive, wheather it's the girl that did some wrong thing to her guy, or the scam and corruption. Yes, I can tell some of my own , but I have found in Isaan, a good life, with good people, as I'm sure others have too. I wanted to share a little of that , and to those that have'nt found that great girl in thailand, maybe it's because your looking in the wrong place. Sometimes we see and get what we are looking for. What are you looking for,because I found it in a small Isaan town.

Hi Tom

Good to hear positive stories like yours,

I Have a similar story to tell, I could not be happier with my wife and her Family. Also in Isaan KKC :) and I am not the only one, I know many people in the same situation.

Chok Dee

Edited by sirineou

I wrote this post because I was in a good mood. I read Thai visa everyday, great source for guys living in thai. I read many postings about the negetive, wheather it's the girl that did some wrong thing to her guy, or the scam and corruption. Yes, I can tell some of my own , but I have found in Isaan, a good life, with good people, as I'm sure others have too. I wanted to share a little of that , and to those that have'nt found that great girl in thailand, maybe it's because your looking in the wrong place. Sometimes we see and get what we are looking for. What are you looking for,because I found it in a small Isaan town.

It can happen. :)

It takes guts to write something like this on TV. For the most part you will be ridiculed and made out to be an idiot.

I found my jewel 24 years ago and its still sparkling.

Hope you can feel the same after 24 years.

Been married 21 years, so I guess I found what I was looking for too!

Good luck to you. Nice to hear from a new contributor with some happy thoughts; just lately the Isaan forum seems to have attracted a lot of new writers who do nothing but whinge.

Elwood.

It takes guts to write something like this on TV. For the most part you will be ridiculed and made out to be an idiot.

I found my jewel 24 years ago and its still sparkling.

Hope you can feel the same after 24 years.

Congratulations! I think most of us who end up with an amazing Issan Lady as a wife took a leap of faith at some stage and that courage is the key to your/our happiness.

Good luck and with your attitude i'm sure it will be a long and happy union.

Just one piece of advise. Unless you register your marriage at The Amphur you are not legally married. :thumbsup:

Yes, well the marriage was registered, over a year ago, thai wedding nearing two years now. The wife has my name on the passport and everything is square. It was nice to read all of the post, sounds like there are a lot of guy scattered around with happy marriages, enjoying life, family life in Isaan.

sounds like there are a lot of guy scattered around with happy marriages, enjoying life, family life in Isaan.

Add me to the list :)

And me, too. Coming up on five years of marriage and couldn't be happier. Every day .

Good luck to you, and happy to hear about your happiness.

mario299 :rolleyes:

It is like a modern day fairytale proof if correct that dreams still come true,i wish you continued happiness mate...nice to hear a good story for a change :jap:

You met a girl for the fist time and married her that day, lasted 2 years so far.

I met a girl for the first time and married her 3 weeks later, lasted 14 months so far.

Repeat after me, so far so good ........

PS

Have you bought her a house yet?

Edited by sarahsbloke

You met a girl for the fist time and married her that day, lasted 2 years so far.

I met a girl for the first time and married her 3 week later, lasted 14months so far.

Repeat after me, so far so good ........

PS

Have you bought her a house yet?

Repeat after me... this is not a good idea... (for every apparent 'success' you could find another 10 miserable stories of 'love' gone sour)