The "Whatever Happened To" Thread

KarenBravo

I'll start.

Whatever happened to the second road to the airport that would run parallel to the existing road?

Whatever happened to the mono-rail that a Chinese company were going to build from the airport to Phuket Town?

Whatever happened to the idea of potable water in Patong that you could drink straight from the tap?

Whatever happened to "A drug-free Phuket" which was confirmed by the ringing of a bell?

Whatever happened to phasing out jet-skis after seven years?

Edited by KarenBravo

Whatever happened to the second road to the airport that would run parallel to the existing road?

Whatever happened to the mono-rail that a Chinese company were going to build from the airport to Phuket Town?

Whatever happened to the idea of potable water in Patong that you could drink straight from the tap?

Whatever happened to "A drug-free Phuket" which was confirmed by the ringing of a bell?

Whatever happened to phasing out jet-skis after seven years?

These are questions you should ask the local government officials. Not TV members. ;)

Edited by Semper

Now we're really getting desperate for new topics...GOMsrecent attempt sadly, but predictably went to the" Whatever happened to "basket also.

How about "Whatever happened to"; All the intelligent, informative threads on this forum?;)

Now we're really getting desperate for new topics...GOMsrecent attempt sadly, but predictably went to the" Whatever happened to "basket also.

How about "Whatever happened to"; All the intelligent, informative threads on this forum?;)

I agree. Why don't you start one instead of whinging about it?

Whatever happened to the Patong-Chalong road?

Patong-Chalong shortcut bypassed in Phuket road upgrade

PHUKET: The shortcut between Chalong and Patong, directly across the Nakkerd Hills, was omitted from a 93.5-million-baht Department of Rural Roads project to upgrade unsealed roads throughout Phuket. ....

What ever happened to "Phuket?" It's changed dramatically, and not for the better.

I think that is for a similar thread to be started up in 2021. Probably on a new website called Vietnam Visa.

It's not going to take that long. :) It's happening now.

Karen..simply making an observation is not whinging :jap:

But to be forthright your reply probably is a good example of why all the intelligent people don't bother even trying on this forum..you just end up with the minority of regulars making smarta-- comments...:whistling:

PHUKET: The shortcut between Chalong and Patong, directly across the Nakkerd Hills, was omitted from a 93.5-million-baht Department of Rural Roads project to upgrade unsealed roads throughout Phuket. ....

I hadn't seen that when I asked the question. :rolleyes:

What ever happened to "Phuket?" It's changed dramatically, and not for the better.

I think that is for a similar thread to be started up in 2021. Probably on a new website called Vietnam Visa.

No. Burmavisa.com in 2030. Take a look at the map (Mergui archipel), they could have 20 Phukets.

What happened to that condo development in Kata where the locals had construction stopped as it blocked the view when coming down the hill from Chalong? I see nothing has happened, the crane is still sitting there and no work has been done even though they had approved plans.

What is ever going to happen to those three huge blocks of condominiums that are on the hill-side at the south end of Kata. The ones that brought the Democrat government down in the '90's.

I believe there was some corruption as the land was only meant to be used for agriculture and was supposed to be given to poor people who could not sell it. Instead, it wound up in the hands of rich businessmen.

They've been empty for years and years.

Hallelujah my brother !

Hallelujah my brother !

Put your reading glasses on old man.....:D jobs done .....:whistling:

Report --->

What happened to that condo development in Kata where the locals had construction stopped as it blocked the view when coming down the hill from Chalong? I see nothing has happened, the crane is still sitting there and no work has been done even though they had approved plans.

Probably the construction company owner took what money he had in his pocket and did a runner, just like so many other construction jobs.

No. Burmavisa.com in 2030. Take a look at the map (Mergui archipel), they could have 20 Phukets.

Absolutely. Every cloud has a silver lining, and about the only good thing about an oppressive junta and a somewhat 'closed' society, is that these islands rermain untouched.

It'll be a very sad day for the world if world tourism ever touches this place.

This afternoon I have been watching them dismantle the tower crane. cab & boom all gone now.

This afternoon I have been watching them dismantle the tower crane. cab & boom all gone now.

That had to have been costly having that crane sit there idle all this time.

what happened to Franco from flash agogo ( where is he these days?)

Now there's a thought. I always considered Flash to be much more fun than any of the others. As for Franco I seem to recall he got badly beaten up a long time ago.