Donner Kebab As In Uk

edd

I have looked everywhere to find the best Donner Kebab.

In Thailand the Donner meat is usually made from chicken. :bah:

It looks almost all right but the taste is awful.

Its just not like proper an English (yes I know that they came from Turkey)

Donner Kebab :blink:

But I have found a great one.

The punch & Judy pub is making the BEST Donner Kebab. :rolleyes:

I had one to day and it was wonderful. ;)

Go and try one for yourself.

210B With Chips etc

Edited by edd

I thought all the Donner Kebab places in England were Greek not Turkish?

Anyway to make sure you get the authentic taste of an English Donner it needs to be eaten at 2am in the morning when you're on the way home from a club completely p1ssed after drinking 10 pints of lager.

Anyway to make sure you get the authentic taste of an English Donner it needs to be eaten at 2am in the morning when you're on the way home from a club completely p1ssed after drinking 10 pints of lager.

Ahh.... happy days.

........And then throw it all up in a shop doorway, or someone's front garden :D

........And then throw it all up in a shop doorway, or someone's front garden :D

Have none of you peep's got any style. You take your Donner home place it on your lap turn on the TV. And when you wake up in the morning you eat it cold. DELISH.

aah the memories!

There is a yellow burger van at the top of LK Metro opposite Club Blu that also does an excellent late night lamb donner kebab.

correct

Donner Kebab As In Uk

Go and try one for yourself.

210B With Chips etc

So they not only make it same style as in the UK but even at the same price :D

By the way,what I have seen here so far been sold as kebap looks more like a pitta in my country.

A Kebap is a normally a quarter or half sized round thick bread with vegetables and meat or chicken between.

post-123217-0-53274900-1304785529_thumb.

I'm no kebab connoisseur (far from it) but to me the kebab you get from the Döner Kebab cart in the food court in Carrefour tastes quite good. My only complaint would be that I can taste a hint of cinnamon in them.

Then again, that may be how they are supposed to taste.

Have none of you peep's got any style. You take your Donner home place it on your lap turn on the TV. And when you wake up in the morning you eat it cold. DELISH.

I eat mine cold off the floor the next day but that's just me. To the guy from Dublin saying kebabs are disgusting give Zaytoons a try. They make the best kebabs in town and have several locations. The only location I know off hand though is in Temple Bar.

OK. OK. Its one of them there FOREIGN places :whistling:

but the Lamb is SO good :D

And the price includes PROPER chips. ;)

then thees the problem of getting all the grease and fat staines out of a £100 shirt, still pity the girl who to get a snog in the shop doorway after the kebab.

was in Blu bar last night gazing out the window as one does in there i saw the UK style kebab place will give it a whirl.

slightly off topic as i parked near blu police were just doing a guy for Drink Drive on a motor bike. first time i ever seen that.

Edited by NALAK

Originally In the UK it was mostly Greeks that had kebab shops but over time they've sold them on to

mainly kurdish and Turkish owners.

But if you go to Greece they serve up what is called a Gyro kebab different to the Turkish donner kebabs.

Greek gyro looks like a donner but usually has pork or lamb with tzaziki(garlic yogurt) a different type of pitta bread to the

Turks who also don't serve pork as they're muslim.

Originally In the UK it was mostly Greeks that had kebab shops but over time they've sold them on to

mainly kurdish and Turkish owners.

But if you go to Greece they serve up what is called a Gyro kebab different to the Turkish donner kebabs.

Greek gyro looks like a donner but usually has pork or lamb with tzaziki(garlic yogurt) a different type of pitta bread to the

Turks who also don't serve pork as they're muslim.

around where i am from they are all from Pakistian / morroco ect

but they do do a mean kebab ! , i used to have a large donar with Colslaw, cheese, sweetcorn, onions, toms with garlic mayo and chilli sause !!, and this was at lunch time B)

where is the pub? I hate those street kebabs here. need to find a real doener like in Europe.

we are located on soi 8 from thepprasit road or soi 17 from third road. 50 metres from the eden hotel.

Edited by PunchandJudyPub

where is the pub? I hate those street kebabs here. need to find a real doener like in Europe.

we are located on soi 8 from thepprasit road or soi 17 from third road. 50 metres from the eden hotel.

When i went there I just wanted Donner meat, raw onions and chips, nothing else, it was hard for the girl to understand, but she got it in the end.

OH I can still taste it, :P (no i mean in my mind) -_-

I will be back in a few days for a double helping. :thumbsup:

when i get home the wife will not talk to me, again. :w00t:

This is making me hungry and i have not had a kebab for many years.

Punch and Judy: can you do home delivery?

I live in south pattaya.

This is making me hungry and i have not had a kebab for many years.

Punch and Judy: can you do home delivery?

I live in south pattaya.

sorry, not at the moment, but our menu will be going into the WOW - waiter on wheels menu in a few weeks!

I eat mine cold off the floor the next day but that's just me. To the guy from Dublin saying kebabs are disgusting give Zaytoons a try. They make the best kebabs in town and have several locations. The only location I know off hand though is in Temple Bar.

I know Zaytoon in Dublin ,Parlamant st ( Temple Bar ) .I have only bought their lamb Kebabs though which are to die for .

I also lived in North London and there was a great Kabab place just 50 meters from Archway tube station .

I only buy Lamb Kebabs in UK and Ireland as the Donar kebabs are usually full of shit with a bad aftertaste .

The Kebabs from the lady on the corner of Soi Diamond and Walking street in Pattaya are pretty good though .She uses chicken i think .( 60 baht )

The Kebabs from the lady on the corner of Soi Diamond and Walking street in Pattaya are pretty good though .She uses chicken i think .( 60 baht )

They are quite nice, and she is a lovely lady, but the meat being chicken and the chilli sauce being green disqualifies them as being a real Donner Kebab.

Those manky things in the UK on a Friday night served by some dirty Turk were always filthy and greasy....Gyros in Greece was always better...60 Baht chicken kebab opposite BigC on 2nd Road....best ever...and the chilli sauce rocks.

Those manky things in the UK on a Friday night served by some dirty Turk were always filthy and greasy....Gyros in Greece was always better...60 Baht chicken kebab opposite BigC on 2nd Road....best ever...and the chilli sauce rocks.

I will agree - the guy makes a really good kebab - even if it is chicken. he is beside the pizza slice place.