Green Fees In Phuket

katyb

Hello,

This post is aimed mainly at golfers liviing / spending time in Phuket.

We are due to arrive in Thailand in December for 4 months. Up until recently we were going to rent a house in Hua Hin but have since been swayed towards PHuket. The only problem is my husband is a golfer and whereas the green fees in Hua Hin range from 600 baht to 1000 baht, in Phuket I can't find a better deal than 1800 baht. Is this right? I realise that Phuket is more well known internatioanlly and this may make it more expensvie, but can you tell me if you guys get a better green fee than this and if so, how can we do the same thing? He wants to play about 3 times a week, which will just not be possible at 1800 per round. I am really set on Phuket now as it looks amazing. Been to Hua Hin before and although we like it there, I haven't been to the Andaman side before and would like to give it a go.

Any help would be greatfully received.

Many thanks

Kate

Thank you for this FTH.

I've had a look and you are right. They do a special discount of 1300 after 3pm on the 18 hole course. This will help a lot. I may be able to persuade him now that the few extra baht will be worth it!

Just as a matter of interest, has anybody got any views on comparison between the HH and Phuket courses?

Thanks

Kate

I've never played in HH but I did have a friend who played there a lot, he said the courses were ok but that it was too damned hot. At the time I was working at a golf course in Chaing Rai and it was near 40 degrees everyday, so maybe he was mad.

Thai Muang is an excellent course, completely forgot to mention it. If you're prepared to travel for an hour or so to get there you'll be well rewarded, some of the greens are right on the beach.

If you get a pegs card (expatgolf.com) most courses have big discounts.. The 200 baht card pays for itself in 3 games of golf IIRC.. Pretty much halves the fees..

That's brilliant. Thanks so much for that. I've now looked at this and emailed the secretary and got the go ahead so looks like we're sorted. Spend ages looking on web before posting and got very frightened by green fees of 4000 baht plus!

Many thanks to Khall, FTH and LivinginLOS

Kate