Ems Post Thailand To Uk (From Pattaya)

keightzee

Hi,

A friend of mine is worried that 2 parcels he has sent from Thailand to Uk have went missing or been seized for whatever reason.

They are now running behind the estimated 7-10 days delivery time he was given at the time of postage although from looking into this further online for him it does state that its common for parcels to take up to 3 weeks.

Now, the reason for concern. They where both posted on the April 27th and by April 28th it states they where received in a container at Bangkok Mail Centre and since then there has been no movement.

I have done some looking around on his behalf online as he isn't the best with computers hence the reason for this post and found some people saying that often things are not scanned out of Bangkok (so it could be on its way now) or they put them in a hold until they can fill up there allocated cargo space (to get the best value for money).

The final possibilities are the least he wants to hear i.e confiscation or loss.

Given the fact there is nothing in them illegal to purchase in Thailand or import into UK i cant see them being confiscated and given the fact they are down as received in Bangkok mail centre i cant see them being lost either so what do you guys think?....... He has contacted Parcelforce and they say the log doesnt appear consistant and upon ringing Thailand got no help at all. Should he just hope they turn up or is there anything else he can do to try and find out whats happened with these parcels.

I am trying to keep positive for him hoping they havent been scanned and they are just running rate but these items are of value so he's convinced they have been convieniently lost.

Any similar experiences or advice for him which i can pass on?.......

Cheers

When they leave Thailand soft lad you will only get further info from loging on to the British mail web postal site . :lol:

You have obviosly not read the post.

The issue here is after 10 days they still havent been scanned out of Thailand.

They have also contacted Parcelforce (part of Royal Mail) who deal with international ems tracking and they say they havent received it and that the itinery doesnt appear correct.

British mail HAHA you can't be from the UK.

still time i send many parcels mainly UK and USA sometimes 2 weeks, few holidays recently, did they have cn 22 decleration? never out of over 100 parcels in last 9 months had one go astray. touch wood.

just used fed ex, expnsive but tracking was super, even got e mail the minute customer signed for package

When they leave Thailand soft lad you will only get further info from loging on to the British mail web postal site . :lol:

You have obviosly not read the post.

The issue here is after 10 days they still havent been scanned out of Thailand.

They have also contacted Parcelforce (part of Royal Mail) who deal with international ems tracking and they say they havent received it and that the itinery doesnt appear correct.

British mail HAHA you can't be from the UK.

He's correct! the scan out will have been done by the next carrier, same as when a parcel arrives in Thailand it is easiest followed by "Thai Post" link...

now whos the soft lad Royal Mail whats British mail :cheesy: been much easier just have left the soft lad comment out

You could try this link to see if they have actually left the Airport.

http://www.thailandpost.co.th/irt.php

However it is very hit and miss, sometimes a item has left the Airport but hasn't been scanned

I'm suprised that you got no help with Thailand Post customer services, i have always found them very helpful, for instance as i said earlier the link is hit and miss as to wether your item gets scanned before leaving, i have called the service centre a few times regarding packages that are not showing as left and they always check and call me back and tell me what time/flight they left on.

I know you said you sent by EMS but are you sure it wasn't registered mail? [there is a difference]

However it is very hit and miss, sometimes a item has left the Airport but hasn't been scanned

I'm suprised that you got no help with Thailand Post customer services, i have always found them very helpful, for instance as i said earlier the link is hit and miss as to wether your item gets scanned before leaving, i have called the service centre a few times regarding packages that are not showing as left and they always check and call me back and tell me what time/flight they left on.

I know you said you sent by EMS but are you sure it wasn't registered mail? [there is a difference]

Hi,

Thanks for the link this is something i havent seen before.

However, unfortunately at the moment when he puts the tracking numbers in its comes up not known.

Yes, they where both definately sent via ems, he insisted on this so the parcels could be tracked.

One thing which he has noticed is that on parcelforce uk its now got an update on the 3rd may which was just saying collected from customer wheres on thai post office the last update is the 29th April.

So something has happened on the 3rd although it was only put on today so he is hoping thats the date they where sent out of Bangkok or recieved in UK but from the link you gave us he is once again panicking.

Hi,

Thanks for the link this is something i havent seen before.

However, unfortunately at the moment when he puts the tracking numbers in its comes up not known.

Yes, they where both definately sent via ems, he insisted on this so the parcels could be tracked.

One thing which he has noticed is that on parcelforce uk its now got an update on the 3rd may which was just saying collected from customer wheres on thai post office the last update is the 29th April.

So something has happened on the 3rd although it was only put on today so he is hoping thats the date they where sent out of Bangkok or recieved in UK but from the link you gave us he is once again panicking.

Hi if you give me the tracking number i will take a look

Once it's left Thailand it will only show up in their system again once receipt has been confirmed.

Until then you need the UK Parcelforce tracking system to find it online and it often doesn't work right.

From what I remember there's a couple of options, one for tracking international parcels and one for local.

The shipping time for EMS is 3-5 buiness days (not 7-10, so i'm not sure why you were given this info?)

If the package has not arrived in the UK within the 5 business days they will refund the shipping cost (note this doesn't mean arrived at the destination, just must have arrived into the UK mail system within 5 days)

Next step is to call the post office service center. They will have you fax them a copy of the shipping form/receipt and they will track the package down. If they can't find the package they will refund the shipping + insurance (i think insurance maxes out at around 5000baht)

My EMS was returned by Royal Mail UK back to Thailand surface mail 6 months later since the UK postman marked it as "not called for". The intended receiver was there to answer the door to the postman at the exact microsecond he knocked it.

That makes no sense.

My EMS was returned by Royal Mail UK back to Thailand surface mail 6 months later since the UK postman marked it as "not called for". The intended receiver was there to answer the door to the postman at the exact microsecond he knocked it.

That makes no sense.

A Not missing I think :rolleyes:

EMS had been very reliable for me for 8 years of 20kg boxes from Thailand to England. They normally arrive 4 working days after sending, only occasionally having a delay in UK due to Customs holding. Take the receipt into a post office to ask them if you think it hasn't left Thailand. They ARE scanned out. ParcelForce pick them up at Coventry and you can now use the same EMS tracking number on the Parcelforce website to track within the UK.

• 8 months later...

Even the Hull Thai consulate advises people to first check with the local parcel depot for special deliveries of passports that are not received within 2 or 3 days. If you are not in they will only try and deliver once I believe. They should leave a card to advise of the fact, but maybe for some reason they forgot?