Rugby World Cup

Valentine

Does anyone know a supplier, in Phuket, who can guarantee broadcast of this year's rugby world cup via TV. Astro seem hit & miss on what they are showing for rugby so far, I have received an email from True stating they do not have any broadcast rights. I would rather watch it at home than go to bars. I feel live streaming is not the way to go given the state of internet connections here which may be great one day but so good the next. Super Sport from SA would be perfect but since moving satellites it appears they cannot be had unless someone is taking if from their satellite & feeding it on.

Edited by Valentine

I hope that Astro have it and that the cable providers don't change the channels around, as they often do.

But that is just hoping. In the past it has been on Star Sports and it could be the same this year.

Ideal pay per view opportunity for True Visions if someone actually had the vision!

Edited by madmitch

it's a mystery, couldn't find any reference to Asian coverage of RWC through Google searches.

Was hoping it would beSetanta/ Astro SuperSports as I have that on cable.

Setanta - Astro: well it appears they do not have it, they have Tri-Nations and the November internationals ( but no RWC in between) their website lists for rugby in 2011:

Setanta Sports
is a must for all rugby union fans in Asia.

Watch live and exclusive coverage of the RBS Six Nations, the Magners League, the Aviva Premiership, Super Rugby, the Amlin Challenge Cup, the ITM Cup, the Currie Cup, as well as the Tri-Nations and the November Internationals.

These could be of interest. "On Eurosport: TV viewers will get coverage of the entire event with re-broadcasts of

all 48 matches and a daily talk show live at 10.30 pm." & "Sky TV will broadcast all 48 matches live on satellite television" (however this Sky is from NZ) & "ITV secures television rights to 2011 and 2015 Rugby Union World Cups".

Yes Mitch apparently True have not even considered pay per view as per their email to me "Please be advised that we have not secured the right for broadcasting Rugby World Cup this year."

It appears at this stage that cable is the best solution as they do have Eurosport. My cable company seems to be consistently showing Astro Sport 1 & 2 (these have been showing a fair bit of rugby), Golf Channel & Eurosport.

UBC were advertising the world cup before, are you sure they don't have it? I know you got an email but, hey, TiT.

I have looked on their website and can't find anything about it now :huh:

I recall promo's for this on ESPN Star. Did you check their website?

espnstar.com has nothing about rugby. There is a website called ESPN Scrum which has something about live streaming but where I am live streaming is not at all smooth.

There are a nuimber of 'hints' on the internet implying that Star Sports will be covering the event, including the Star Sports page on the Astro website.

So, there is some hope, though having just dumped TrueVisions it'll be in a bar for me.