Tot Is Total Crap

Irish

My landline service is provided by TOT. It has not been working right for 1 week now, i.e, the person on the other end sounds like they are on Apollo 13 with a loud crackling and virtually impossible to hear.

Also when I try to connect on the internet I connect at 4 - 8 kbps and the page will not even load hence I am in an internet cafe and getting worryingly close to the lady that runs it. I am contemplating marrying her...

Anyway... I have now made 9 phonecalls to the service centre and all they do is promise to get a technician for me. It is getting a bit like a sitcom... I get a phonecall from a technician... He hears me so he must tick a box and think job done! I ring the callcantre again and she says "Yes our technician called to you!" I say yes but I need him to get up off his a**e and come to my house and this goes on and on.

My blood pressure is now at an all time high, I am buying credit for my mobile like there is no tomorrow and this lady in the internet cafe is falling love with me.

1. Does anybody have similar experience with TOT and advice on what to do?

2. Can anybody give me info on getting broadband in the Chonburi area?

3. Should I propose to the lady in the internet cafe?

My landline service is provided by TOT has not been working right for 1 week now

"You are lucky.  Our Tot line has been totally down for 3 months and you can't imagine the number of times we have asked for them to fix it.  Best we can get is that all of our village has the same problem, but they will get it fixed."

I am contemplating marrying her...

"unless there are other compelling reasons to marry, reconsider this as a poor choice for internet access."

Anyway... I have now made 9 phonecalls to the service centre and all they do is promise to get a technician for me. 

"Forget about TOT and buy a cell phone with Bluetooth and GPRS capability.  Good connect most of the time and relatively good speed.  You can completely forget about TOT then."

My blood pressure is now at an all time high

"Cannot advise on blood pressure suggest a Doctor"

My landline service is provided by TOT.  It has not been working right for 1 week now, i.e, the person on the other end sounds like they are on Apollo 13 with a loud crackling and virtually impossible to hear.

Also when I try to connect on the internet I connect at 4 - 8 kbps and the page will not even load hence I am in an internet cafe and getting worryingly close to the lady that runs it.  I am contemplating marrying her...

Anyway... I have now made 9 phonecalls to the service centre and all they do is promise to get a technician for me.  It is getting a bit like a sitcom... I get a phonecall from a technician... He hears me so he must tick a box and think job done!  I ring the callcantre again and she says "Yes our technician called to you!"  I say yes but I need him to get up off his a**e and come to my house and this goes on and on.   

My blood pressure is now at an all time high, I am buying credit for my mobile like there is no tomorrow and this lady in the internet cafe is falling love with me.

1. Does anybody have similar experience with TOT and advice on what to do?

2. Can anybody give me info on getting broadband in the Chonburi area?

3. Should I propose to the lady in the internet cafe?

I had this same problem recently, minus the marriage bit. I live in Rayong province, which is close to Chonburi.

I used to have a good connection using a card and TOT line. Then it suddenly went down hill. I started getting a 20kbps connection and eventually a 9kpbs. Plus I was getting cut off after a few minutes. Sometimes I couldn't get on at all. I then tried a more expensive and promising card. It was better for a while but eventually went the same way as the previous card. Next I replaced the modem. Still no better! Like you I was getting real pi**ed. I started to think something was wrong with the motherboard. I got a guy around to check it out and see about installing an external modem. The motherboard was ok. Whilst here he told me that TOT do broadband. This I didn’t know. So now I have a 512kbps broadband connection from TOT. It took them 5 minutes to set up and is an infinitely better set up. It cost 1900baht for the modem and I pay 700baht per month for the unlimited connection. A 256kbps connection costs 500baht/ month or 1024kbps for 1000baht/ month.

If I’d known about this a year ago I never would have messed around with the dial up.

Hopefully you might have the same options in Chonburi.