Marriage Visa Udon Thani Immigrations Office

Application for Marriage Visa at Udon Thani Immigrations Office

Very helpful people but lots of documents required as listed in a papmhlet they gave me.

First bring original and two copies of all documents mentioned below

1.Extension app, (T,M7) filled in with picture

2.Photo copies of passport and all travel documents complete with a copy of all pages that have anything to do with current visa, re entry visa, arrival stamp, and current TM 6 slip, etc.

3.Valid visa category NON IMMIGRANT "O" OR "B" which can only be obtained from a Thai Embassy or Consulate, outside the Kingdom of Thailand

4. In case of working husband must show monthly income of 40,000 TB. Work permit, if working, or bank book showing 400,000 TB in bank. (Bank must issue letter of verification)

5. If receiving pension applicant must show monthly income of 40,000 B. Evidence must include a letter of certification issued by the Embassy/Consulate which the applicant holds citizenship. Embassy/Consulate stamp needs to be

verified by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs Consular. Is showing 400,000 B in bank it must be in bank two months before date of application for visa.. Documents accepted in English and Thai only.

6.Marriage Certificate; if married outside Thailand the Certificate must be certified by the Embassy/Consulate of the country where you were married. Embassy/Consulate stamps need to be verified by?

7. Wife's ID card and house registration book

8 Two photos size 4x6 cm, Full face photo of husband not more than 6 months old.

9. Birth Certificates of children if applicable

Application fee of 1,900 B, House map?

House photo, photo of Spouse in bedroom, photo of livingroom

Other documents as requested by immigrations officer

Witness person and paper (whatever that is supposed to be) was not explained except for income statements which have to be stamped at the Embassy in Bangkok

As a renter I have to show one paid monthly rental receipt AND a copy of the landlord's Ownership documents for the apartments.

Since I did not have everything I needed they gave me a 60 day extension to get all documents in order. Apparently, my lawyer does not know the immigration laws well enough because I had all the documents he mentiioned.

The immigrations office phone number is 042 249 982/3

Edited by lopburi3
email removed per forum rules

Item 3 in above list is incorrect as such an entry can be obtained from Immigration inside Thailand at a cost of 2,000 baht if you otherwise qualify for marriage or retirement extensions of stay. Other items are normal requirements - the foreign marriage normally must be registered at a District Office for acceptance and that requires translation into Thai and MFA stamp.

Item 3 in above list is incorrect as such an entry can be obtained from Immigration inside Thailand at a cost of 2,000 baht if you otherwise qualify for marriage or retirement extensions of stay. Other items are normal requirements - the foreign marriage normally must be registered at a District Office for acceptance and that requires translation into Thai and MFA stamp.

Item #3 words are taken from Thai Immigrations pamphlet I received in Udoon Thani; I think I would be wise not to dispute their list of required documents

I was quite shocked to see them wanting pics of my wife in the bderoom. How wouud they know it was our home bedroon aanyway, and not some no tell motel here?

Item #3 words are taken from Thai Immigrations pamphlet I received in Udoon Thani; I think I would be wise not to dispute their list of required documents

I was quite shocked to see them wanting pics of my wife in the bderoom. How wouud they know it was our home bedroon aanyway, and not some no tell motel here?

Kinky little monkeys aren't they...do they specify clothes on or off?

I too have always wondered about the purpose of this...wouldn't a photo out front of the house be sufficient...why the need for two interior shots?

I provided the current and correct information for obtaining a non immigrant visa entry. Up to you if you want to believe it or not.

The photo is designed to show that you live together (which is a requirement of Thai Wife extension). They normally also want the bedroom clothing storage area to be open and show male and female clothing together in same room (which is the main reason for bedroom shots).

I too have always wondered about the purpose of this...wouldn't a photo out front of the house be sufficient...why the need for two interior shots?

With the interior shots they can assess the value of your stereo, flat screen and Blu-Ray player, just before they pass your address and the time of your next Immigration appointment off to their light-fingered cousin and his friend with big gambling debts.

Geez...maybe I've been here too long? :rolleyes: